Home The Bridge

Battleship Yamato is the #1 fleet of 2019

I have analyzed the top ten finishes of every event over the last year. This is what I found:

-We have 9 total wins. That is the highest amount of Fleet wins in 2019.
-We have 47 Top 5 finishes. The next highest fleet is 10 Forward Loungers with 32 Top 5 finishes.
-We have 51 Top 10 finishes. The next highest fleet is again 10F with 43 Top 10 finishes.
-In 2019 we had a period of time where we were in the Top 5 for 31 consecutive events. No other fleet can come close to this claim. Starship Trista had two separate streaks of 5 events each, and space junkies (ger) has a 7 event streak in the top 5. Those are the closest.

**Please note that I do not have full top 10 data for "Shall We Compare Thee?" This may put some of the numbers off by 1, but will not alter the data significantly. If anyone, has some of that info, please let me know.

Does anyone else want to share their fleet wins for the year? Anyone think they can refute our claim that we're the #1 fleet of 2019? We don't think so, but we are looking forward to continuing the friendly competition next year.

Comments

• Congratulations!!!
  • Thank u for reiterating why we need fleet event rewards!!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Ending the old year and starting off the new year with some bragging, eh?
    Let’s fly!
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for this post, interesting statistics. I'm proud and surprised. 10F Loungers are named that because we tend to laze around the bar drinking when we should be doing events :smiley::smiley:

Statistics aside, I think 10F is the best fleet in the game never mind of 2019! I appreciate other opinions may differ :trollface:
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Totally agree with my 10F buddies above. I'm going to assume you've crunched the numbers Sparrow so congrats to all at Battleship Yamato for their cracking performance in 2019, and watch out in 2020 because 10F have you in our sights and our phaser banks are full.

On that note, DB please add more interfleet competition to the game. STT benefits from some quality camaraderie amongst its players and for me it's one of the best aspects of this game. Giving us more opportunity for fleets to challenge each other can only add to the game in 2020
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    ÷ Sparrow wrote: »
    I have analyzed the top ten finishes of every event over the last year. This is what I found:

-We have 9 total wins. That is the highest amount of Fleet wins in 2019.
    -We have 47 Top 5 finishes. The next highest fleet is 10 Forward Loungers with 32 Top 5 finishes.
    -We have 51 Top 10 finishes. The next highest fleet is again 10F with 43 Top 10 finishes.
    -In 2019 we had a period of time where we were in the Top 5 for 31 consecutive events. No other fleet can come close to this claim. Starship Trista had two separate streaks of 5 events each, and space junkies (ger) has a 7 event streak in the top 5. Those are the closest.

**Please note that I do not have full top 10 data for "Shall We Compare Thee?" This may put some of the numbers off by 1, but will not alter the data significantly. If anyone, has some of that info, please let me know.

Does anyone else want to share their fleet wins for the year? Anyone think they can refute our claim that we're the #1 fleet of 2019? We don't think so, but we are looking forward to continuing the friendly competition next year.

What are the average finishes of those fleets? And congratulations to Eternal Champion and his fleet for a fantastic year! EC is a great guy <3<3<3
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your fleet's accomplishments. That is impressive. I'm glad you are happy. I'm also very happy with my fleet. Not number 1 in score, but still the top in my book.
  • EtofenproxEtofenprox ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    In agreement with my 10F mates-- Congratulations Sparrow and Battleship Yamato -- Cheers!
  • Congratulations from the Space Junkies
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratumeowsniffilations from the Space Junkies. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stunning! Good work Yamato!
    Thank you @[STFL] Kolrath that was alot of work omg!
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

What are the average finishes of those fleets?

5885m6lmiqzj.png
    Congrats B.Y.

what's the link for this chart?
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • This truly was not meant to make anyone mad or to gloat in an unsportsmanlike manner. This is a game, and it is meant to be fun. My fleet mates and I put that at the forefront and one of the things we like about our fleet is that we help and inspire each other to do better. It is nice to see that other top fleets are out there doing the same. I have nothing but respect for all the fleets mentioned in my post, as well as the other top fleets. I truly mean it when I say that I'm only looking to continue the friendly competition that I already know exists between us. It helps us all get better.

Thank you for those who have given congratulations and well wishes. I will be one of the first to offer mine to whoever comes out on top next year. LLAP
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about individual players?
  • Well done. I really wish DB would offer fleet rewards.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    ByloBand wrote: »
    As someone with no skin in the game as it were, this thread feels, how to put this diplomatically, unsportsmanlike? To put it in the form of an analogy, it feels like 2 cars stopped side by side at a red light and when the light turns green one of the drivers zooms off as in a drag race while the other just goes about their business, and when they both get stopped together at the next red light the first driver celebrates their "win" by looking over and sticking their tongue out.

In other words, it isn't really a competition if only one side knows about it, and name calling/shaming the others "involved" feels uncouth, at least to me. If I were in 10F, SST, or another top fleet and I read the original post in this thread, it would make me mad. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your fleet's accomplishments, but it is presumptuous to assume the goals, desires, and objectives of other fleets are aligned with your own, and without a public declaration and acceptance of a "friendly competition" in advance, it is unsportsmanlike to gloat after the fact.

@ByloBand I was not upset at all and in fact the work done to even find out all of this is amazing to me. So should we do away with leaderboards in general? Or the Arena? Or the Gauntlet? I did not see anywhere in the original post that could mean anything like that. I think it is a great accomplishment for any fleet to be at the top and I even usually compliment fleets who win events that are rarely at the top.
  • Proud that Spockwork Orange has scraped our way to a top 10 fleet. Particularly since we are an extremely low pressure fleet, only encouraging those who want to push each weekend and not request it. Great job to all fleets who work hard together and wave their flags proudly.
  • ÷ Sparrow wrote: »
    This truly was not meant to make anyone mad or to gloat in an unsportsmanlike manner. This is a game, and it is meant to be fun. My fleet mates and I put that at the forefront and one of the things we like about our fleet is that we help and inspire each other to do better. It is nice to see that other top fleets are out there doing the same. I have nothing but respect for all the fleets mentioned in my post, as well as the other top fleets. I truly mean it when I say that I'm only looking to continue the friendly competition that I already know exists between us. It helps us all get better.

Thank you for those who have given congratulations and well wishes. I will be one of the first to offer mine to whoever comes out on top next year. LLAP

Sparrow ignore the haters. Congratulations again!!!
  • ursine cotcherursine cotcher ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Inappropriate comment removed.. ~Shan
This discussion has been closed.