Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Beyond The Veil - ME#1 - 02/06

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Beyond the Veil
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Twilight T'Pol 5* (New), Doctor Paul Stubbs 4* (New), and Safecracker Nog 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 02/06 until Monday 02/10 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Annika Hansen Seven (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 02/13.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Picard and Number One 5*

Event Factions:
n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew, as well as "Picard and Number One"
• medium bonus: variants of T’Pol, Nog, and crew with the Astrophysicist trait
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Romulan Valdore-type Warbird 2* (Existing)
- Romulan D'deridex Warbird 4* (Existing)
- Borg Cube 5* (Existing)

Comments

• Options
    Very happy to get opportunity to catch this Nog!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    ick my first skirmish where I have none of the event crew. First few will be painful on the points. :-)
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. So far the crew looks intruguing and we're starting the mega with a skirmish, which is great.
  • Options
    Shan, can you double check this? Something seems wrong.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this is a typo. 2 5*s would be a little rough.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to DB in planning this mega as the show seems to be moving glacially.

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubbs is a nice addition, kind of a modern Richard Daystrom from TOS The Ultimate Computer, too bad he will be a 4* and sent to the freezer. Annika is on many most wanted lists, so she should be well received.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Typo Friday! Doctor Paul Stubbs is indeed a 4* :)

I cannot judge. I typo better than anyone. Worse? You know what I mean!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annika Hansen Seven :oo:)B) Wow, you are starting the mega in the best way possible!!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annika Hansen Seven :oo:)B) Wow, you are starting the mega in the best way possible!!!

So, are we thinking little girl? Or Seven now, in Picard's present? Second one makes more sense, i guess. The seven year old would just be Annika Hansen, I suppose.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    MonArkMonArk ✭✭✭
    I don't know that I've ever been more excited about the entire rewards crew set.
    It would have been fun for Dr. Bob Kelso alone.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would P&#1 be a good abbrevaition for the Mega Crew, or does it just look like I'm swearing?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would P&#1 be a good abbrevaition for the Mega Crew, or does it just look like I'm swearing?

P+1?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    StompyStompy ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Both?
  • Options
    @Shan
    Is there anyway you could start a 'sticky' thread just for the names and *ratings for new crew as they are added?? :o Right now we have to look here and there, hither and yon for the additions. It would be useful in trying to keep our own personal spreadsheets up to date.

(sorry for 'piggy-backing' on this thread but I still can't start a thread of my own .... )
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

So, are we thinking little girl? Or Seven now, in Picard's present? Second one makes more sense, i guess. The seven year old would just be Annika Hansen, I suppose.

I immediately thought of the version in Unimatrix Zero. I don't think it will be her as a child, but it could be the one from the new show, if she goes by her human name in it.

The one from VOY would be this one:
    full.jpg

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I immediately thought of the version in Unimatrix Zero. I don't think it will be her as a child, but it could be the one from the new show, if she goes by her human name in it.

The one from VOY would be this one:
    full.jpg

That's where my mind went too, but I would like to think they would be giving us the Picard version to go with the mega theme.
  • Options
    It’s clearly a Picard mega, so I’m guessing it will be Seven as she appears in Picard
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 unfinished/uncited purple crew left to finish my collection, and Nog is one of them (1/4, level 80). I nearly used the citations from the other days’ sale on him, and I am now super grateful I exercised patience! Also Annika, I’m very excited for this mega! So far excellent choices DB!
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I really like that Safecracker Nog is the "existing crew" here, even though he was only added in a Tuesday pack a few months ago. Nice chance for the rest of us to get him!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Event Name: Beyond the Veil
    Event Type: Skirmish Event

Dig me some Skirmishes. Should be fun back to back with an Expedition. Should also make the next Faction event less brutal for those who are able to replenish their shuttle boosts and tokens. Should make the next Faction event more brutal for those who have picked on those whose resources have been depleted.
    Event Crew: Twilight T'Pol 5* (New),

Working on earning her.
    Doctor Paul Stubbs 4* (New),

My dude loved baseball. Hope he becomes an honorary member of the "Play Ball!" collection. I also hope he has the Romantic trait, 'cause he romanticized the hell out of baseball.
    and Safecracker Nog 4* (Existing)

Sweet! I didn't chance the packs with him but really wanted him. Very excited by this opportunity!
    Ranked Reward 5*: Annika Hansen Seven (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 02/13.

I assume this means in the show she's using her original, human name. I like that. Tells us a lot about who she's become since we last saw her stoic, traumatized self.
    Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Picard and Number One 5*

I'm sorry, did you say "and Number One"? You mean the best new character added to Star Trek canon in the 21st Century is finding his way into STT the very first week Picard content is added? YES I WANT THIS. I hope the traits include Good Boy. Please, Shan, if you will, relay to the dev team that trait request and alert them that I will make the same request whenever Porthos finds his way into the game.
    Bonus crew/ships:
    • medium bonus: variants of T’Pol, Nog, and crew with the Astrophysicist trait

[edit: Just saw the announcement that states Astrophysicist is the recurring bonus trait.] It occurs to me there are enough Astrophycisists by now to warrant a Collection.
    Ships:
    - Romulan Valdore-type Warbird 2* (Existing)
    - Romulan D'deridex Warbird 4* (Existing)
    - Borg Cube 5* (Existing)

Nice! I still need 45 schematics for my 2* Romulan Valdore-type Warbird.

Lastly, the only existing 3* variant is Subcommander T'ol. Might this be the event that brings us the previously leaked 3* El-Adrel Picard? If not, then perhaps one of the subsequent weeks?

tl;dr DOPE.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Might I suggest PGB: P(icard and) G(ood) B(oy).
  • Options

Might I suggest PGB: P(icard and) G(ood) B(oy).

I'd just go with P1
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about this mega event, but I do have one nit to pick on Astrophysicists. Why isn't Seeking Spock one?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the off-topic, to each their own of course, but I do not mind a show starting a bit slowly, it allows me to get more immersed in the plot.

Yes, episode 2 was very much about exposition, creating more mysteries etc. But as you said: It is fine really. Many movies and shows today are high speed brain out entertainment. I also welcome this change of pace...