Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Beyond The Veil - ME#1 - 02/06

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    Drone_one wrote: »
    Some Picards are Astrophysicists though (for example Enterprise-E Picard).

Yes astrophysicist Picards will but others will likely not.

This is new though. I recall in the earlier megas where Janeway and Mirror Picard were rewards, all their variants provided bonus.

Maybe for a Trait? I don't remember any but the Recurring being Bonus the whole time.

Yes. Double checked and I was wrong. Janeway variants did not provide a bonus.

Guess I wasted a bunch of merits unfreezing my Picards.

Maybe, maybe not. The storyline DB said is that old Picard is talking to ensign Picard. So there will likely be another Picard in the mega and if that is the case that week all Picard would give bonus. My advice is wait a bit till we get more info on the event after the skirmish next week.

Not ensign, but rather Cadet Picard is mentioned in the Mega announcement:

“In Forever As One, both the retired Admiral Picard of the future and Cadet Picard of yesterday find themselves in the chaotic world of Star Trek Timelines.”
    🖖

Yes cadet, that is correct. Which was weird cause there is an ensign Picard in game but not a cadet one. So it seems like a cadet Picard will be introduced though we did have a mega where one of the story characters was not in the mega as crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I'm reminded of the glitch last October that leaked ten crew in the vault. Six have subsequently appeared in the game, but the following four have not:

5* Four Lights Picard
    5* No Regret Picard (silhouette of Nausicaan impaling Picard)
    4* Nausicaan Thug
    3* Picard at El-Adrel

It was assumed that No Regret Picard would be a fuse card involving the Voyage exclusive Ensign Picard since no Cadet Picard was among the leaks, but a Cadet Picard would make sense (and be considerably less demanding!). It's not unprecedented for the 4* crew in a mega-event finale to both be new. Guess we'll find out soon! (Though I still hold out hope that Picard at El-Adrel gets upgraded to a higher rarity so his stats can justify me using him instead of freezing him.)
  • Options
    Am I the only one who's disturbed by the "existing" 4* being a Premium-only character? Going into this event, the only way you'll have an Event crew is either by raking in the top-1500 in the about-to-conclude Expedition event, or having spent dilithium (which probably means having spent money).

While I realize it's very quick and easy to get to the threshold 4* in a Skirmish, I worry it sets a dangerous precedent.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who's disturbed by the "existing" 4* being a Premium-only character? Going into this event, the only way you'll have an Event crew is either by raking in the top-1500 in the about-to-conclude Expedition event, or having spent dilithium (which probably means having spent money).

While I realize it's very quick and easy to get to the threshold 4* in a Skirmish, I worry it sets a dangerous precedent.

It's so quick to get that first threshold 4*, I'm happy about the rank being a recent pack only 4*. It means I get to FF another card in the event rather than getting 800 honor when I airlock a card I've had FF forever.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I was disturbed as well but felt it was more related to burning three citations from those deals last week to finish the Nog that dropped from his Tuesday pack. Really, when you look at where the first event 4* drops in the thresholds, you’d probably have to run two sets of five battles with lower-bonus crew and then you’re good for the rest of the event. Annoying? Yeah. Dangerous? Only if there are further tweaks to the threshold rewards.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Well Nog's arena ability is far more serviceable than T'Pols, had it been a different event like a faction, i think there may be cause for gripe, but even then I would take a punt on an event pack to get the 4th star and it's no different than getting a new card in any case. At some point these cards have to be introduced into the event part of the game as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say I'm "disturbed"… but I am disappointed.

If events in the game were set up this way from the beginning (i.e., the main event crew would only be available in packs, from thresholds, or from top 1500 in previous event), that would be one thing — and I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that — but being used to starting an event off getting the full bonus, and now being forced to either get fewer VP until you reach that threshold or buying packs ahead of time, is, to use another "dis" word, disheartening.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I wouldn't say I'm "disturbed"… but I am disappointed.

If events in the game were set up this way from the beginning (i.e., the main event crew would only be available in packs, from thresholds, or from top 1500 in previous event), that would be one thing — and I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that — but being used to starting an event off getting the full bonus, and now being forced to either get fewer VP until you reach that threshold or buying packs ahead of time, is, to use another "dis" word, disheartening.

When events started there was only one 4*. You had to buy packs or wait to collect in threshold. Then it was two new 4* with one only being in packs until rank rewards. It was only a later change that started to include old 4* crew.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I'm glad more players will have a chance to pick up Safecracker Nog. Hopefully it's a one-off and not a regular pattern, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Just use a bonus crew for the first two skirmishes till you hit 6500 for the super rare unlocked and plug him in. You are losing like a thousand points. Or you can buy a pack on Wednesday.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I think you raise a fair point. But I'm not as worried about it in this circumstance for a few reasons. As you said, it's pretty easy to get the first copy of him. Getting a 4/4 one is less urgent because this is a Skirmish event. And I like that this makes at least one recent 4* Tuesday crew more obtainable for folks. This is way nicer than waiting another 7 or 8 months for a portal refresh, that's for sure.

Now, if this were a Faction event and it was a Tuesday 5* who wasn't in the portal yet, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But since that isn't logistically feasible under the current events structure, I think it's fine.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was happy to get an existing crew I do not have even in I had not got T'Pol. I see no problem here at all.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I am all about the threshold 4* being a pack-only crew member and I'd gladly welcome this becoming a thing. My criteria for whether or not to chance buying a pack is how many of the 4*'s in it I can use. In Safecracker Nog's pack, he was the only 4* I lacked so I couldn't justify the risk. In this event pack, though, there is no downside whatsoever for me.

Or, at least, under normal circumstances I'd be in for this event pack. However, after the last mega, I decided to just stockpile dilithium and buy a bunch of the wrap-up packs. The nice thing is that there will now be at least 3/8 of the 4*'s in those packs that I'll be able to use (both of these and the threshold new 4* in Week 4's Faction event).
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I think pack crew becoming an early adopters thing is for the better, if that's the debate here today. I don't like the concept of packs, I don't like gambling and not knowing the real price of items so I only see the upsides. Hopefully DB does this more often and finds a way to throw indignant seven in the ranked rewards this mega since she's an Astrophysicist.
  • Options
    In other news: while T'Pol's ship ability is rather iffy (boo, reduced attack!), her med proficiency is rather impressive. Even with its large swing, the average makes her my best Med/Sci and #2 in Med/Sec for Gauntlet. Too bad she won't get bonuses very often with her trait set, but that's not unusual in those skill pairs.
  • Options
    So Twi’pol seems like a slightly better version of Pulaski. Not sure I need to worry about adding citations to her
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So excited to be able to buy event packs with no fear of having the super-rare FF!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    syipelyga5xa.jpeg

Dr. Paul Stubbs played by the wonderful actor Ken Jenkins. But he is funniest in Scrubs so I shall put a couple of his sayings from that show here.

c3uejnimr0t0.png

7hhwwh85ehv7.png

9f1mzsklqav0.gif

THANK U!!! It has been driving me crazy cause I didn't remember who he was from ST:P and I knew I recognized him from a TNG episode.
    Got my characters mixed up, Picard's doctor was NOT Dr Stubbs and idk how I got the impression he was.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    uj6nbulljmzd.png
    Part 1 of our February Mega-Event starts this Thursday with a Skirmish Event, Beyond The Veil. It will feature Twilight T'Pol, Doctor Paul Stubbs, and Safecracker Nog. Featured ships are Romulan Valdore-type Warbird, Romulan D'deridex Warbird, and Borg Cube. Engage! #StarTrek

So, is P&#1 the first Crew with their backs turned?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Thats awesome artwork :)
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    uj6nbulljmzd.png
    Part 1 of our February Mega-Event starts this Thursday with a Skirmish Event, Beyond The Veil. It will feature Twilight T'Pol, Doctor Paul Stubbs, and Safecracker Nog. Featured ships are Romulan Valdore-type Warbird, Romulan D'deridex Warbird, and Borg Cube. Engage! #StarTrek

So, is P&#1 the first Crew with their backs turned?!?!?

I'm looking forward to Teaser Poster Shinzon and Stunt Double Kirk.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, would Annika Hanson Seven still have the Borg Trait? I can't remember from the trailers if she still had implants or not.

Uh, Borg implants.......

She has implants in the trailers
    I think her borg thingys are still on her face in the trailers too...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yateball wrote: »
    So, would Annika Hanson Seven still have the Borg Trait? I can't remember from the trailers if she still had implants or not.

Uh, Borg implants.......

She has implants in the trailers
    I think her borg thingys are still on her face in the trailers too...

I thought she had the temporal implant in the trailer. Maybe smaller? Like the EMH or Julian or Doctor Captain Crusher-Picard or someone had had a few decades to decrease the size or something.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    All that hard work to get Twilight T'pol pays off in spades.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRUSHER wrote: »
    All that hard work to get Twilight T'pol pays off in spades.

She is my only MED primary Astrophysicist. Might turn out to be useless though if the factions have no MED seats. For the skirmish she is more of a warm body.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.