Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Beyond The Veil - ME#1 - 02/06

123457»

Comments

• Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    pjuhpgfntgup.png

Dropped 200 spots while I was at work today. Hopefully this will be enough, trying to save chrons for next week.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Probably already asked, but I'll be annoying.

Why can we not get mid tier ships in the thresholds? Events don't drop them, the dabo wheel seems to have more 5* than 4* ships (not that either drop). My 5* and 2* ships see more than double the progress on my 3 and 4* ships. I was lucky enough to have the game drop a warbird for me early on. But it's still at L3 while several 5* ships have hit L6.

Granted this month it's an Arena prize, so I should see my warbird go up a bit. But I'd like to know why there doesn't seem to be much love for the mid tier.

I gotta know...what’s your secret to progress on 2* ships? It took me three years to finish the Jem’Hadar fighter, a year or year and a half to finish the 2* Borg sphere, and almost that long for the Suurok-class, Valdore-type, and 2* Jem’Hadar battleship. I never buy schematics packs but I do spend maybe a million or two credits a month on basic 10-pulls.
    O
    I’ve come to the conclusion that it wouldn’t be game-destroying to guarantee a 1*/2* schematics drop in the basic 10-pack. Reason being that it is far easier to get 3-5* schematics than it is 2* schematics, which seems totally backwards.

My "secret"? I started last July so a bit over half a year. I have maxed K'Vort, Val Jean, Suurak, and Nova. My secret, for what it's worth, is a combo of supply kits and ad doubling. Every away mission or ship battle that gave ships I made sure to clear the first time with an ad double. I horde my chronos for events and open an supply kit. I tried to make sure I ran as many away missions as possible that drop ships, again making sure that when I started the batch I had an ad double ready. After a few warps it's not that hard to get 6 K'Vort, doubled it's 12. Wait and repeat. All you need to maintain position in the Arena is the K'Vort so I pushed for that one first.

The rest aren't so easy and are just luck of the daily portal and luck of being part of a skirmish event. Most, though not all, at 4 or 5. 3* ships grow at a pace of 25 a day for whichever is in the Arena. Plus the daily rewards for the month. Thanks to a combo of luck and buying an extra dabo roll on 50% off sales for 5, I am lucky enough to have a L9 shenzou which can hold a reasonable position in the Arena to drop 60-80 5* ships.

The Dabo table is more likely to drop 5* ships than 4* ships, as odd as that may sound. Portal pulls have also favoured 5* and 3* ships over 4* ships. My warbird at 4 now is my highest leveled 4* ship. I can push my way down to a better reward position in the Arena with it, but I can't hold the position as well and usually end up pushed back to 7 ships a day. As a result, because drops and portals have favoured 3* and 5* ships, my 4* ships don't see anywhere near the progress of the others. Events don't drop them, Away Missions don't drop them, daily awards don't drop them, and they almost never show up much less drop from the Dabo wheel. While I would love to buy ship packs, I need my dilithium more to buy crew slots.

You were probably being sarcastic. But for what it's worth, that is my secret to 2* ships and my observations so far on acquiring others. Ad doubling for ships and rarer cadet drops helped me a lot when I started. And I totally agree that portal pulls should guarantee a ship schematic. As the item pool grows the odds of getting the one you need get worse. I might even suggest a double or single Merit/Honour pull like the one for characters. How it doesn't already exist is kinda confusing.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think Nog may be the driving factor, but I agree more vp this week.
    That's who I've been pushing for. I'm hoping for Seven as well, but after breaking 900k vp I'd be disappointed not to get a FF Nog.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably already asked, but I'll be annoying.

Why can we not get mid tier ships in the thresholds? Events don't drop them, the dabo wheel seems to have more 5* than 4* ships (not that either drop). My 5* and 2* ships see more than double the progress on my 3 and 4* ships. I was lucky enough to have the game drop a warbird for me early on. But it's still at L3 while several 5* ships have hit L6.

Granted this month it's an Arena prize, so I should see my warbird go up a bit. But I'd like to know why there doesn't seem to be much love for the mid tier.

I gotta know...what’s your secret to progress on 2* ships? It took me three years to finish the Jem’Hadar fighter, a year or year and a half to finish the 2* Borg sphere, and almost that long for the Suurok-class, Valdore-type, and 2* Jem’Hadar battleship. I never buy schematics packs but I do spend maybe a million or two credits a month on basic 10-pulls.
    O
    I’ve come to the conclusion that it wouldn’t be game-destroying to guarantee a 1*/2* schematics drop in the basic 10-pack. Reason being that it is far easier to get 3-5* schematics than it is 2* schematics, which seems totally backwards.

My "secret"? I started last July so a bit over half a year. I have maxed K'Vort, Val Jean, Suurak, and Nova. My secret, for what it's worth, is a combo of supply kits and ad doubling. Every away mission or ship battle that gave ships I made sure to clear the first time with an ad double. I horde my chronos for events and open an supply kit. I tried to make sure I ran as many away missions as possible that drop ships, again making sure that when I started the batch I had an ad double ready. After a few warps it's not that hard to get 6 K'Vort, doubled it's 12. Wait and repeat. All you need to maintain position in the Arena is the K'Vort so I pushed for that one first.

The rest aren't so easy and are just luck of the daily portal and luck of being part of a skirmish event. Most, though not all, at 4 or 5. 3* ships grow at a pace of 25 a day for whichever is in the Arena. Plus the daily rewards for the month. Thanks to a combo of luck and buying an extra dabo roll on 50% off sales for 5, I am lucky enough to have a L9 shenzou which can hold a reasonable position in the Arena to drop 60-80 5* ships.

The Dabo table is more likely to drop 5* ships than 4* ships, as odd as that may sound. Portal pulls have also favoured 5* and 3* ships over 4* ships. My warbird at 4 now is my highest leveled 4* ship. I can push my way down to a better reward position in the Arena with it, but I can't hold the position as well and usually end up pushed back to 7 ships a day. As a result, because drops and portals have favoured 3* and 5* ships, my 4* ships don't see anywhere near the progress of the others. Events don't drop them, Away Missions don't drop them, daily awards don't drop them, and they almost never show up much less drop from the Dabo wheel. While I would love to buy ship packs, I need my dilithium more to buy crew slots.

You were probably being sarcastic. But for what it's worth, that is my secret to 2* ships and my observations so far on acquiring others. Ad doubling for ships and rarer cadet drops helped me a lot when I started. And I totally agree that portal pulls should guarantee a ship schematic. As the item pool grows the odds of getting the one you need get worse. I might even suggest a double or single Merit/Honour pull like the one for characters. How it doesn't already exist is kinda confusing.

A little sarcasm was in there, yeah, but the quip about 2* schematics being hard to come by (when compared to 3*/4*/5* schematics) is legit - the big difference in our approaches is that I didn’t hunt for schematics from missions. That’s really what delayed completion on my Jem’Hadar fighter...I know of the one mission that drops schematics for it but thought that the chron input required to get enough to finish my ship from it just wasn’t a good value. Ad doublers for sure would change that math.

The flip side of the ships argument is that anything below 5* has a relatively limited usefulness beyond the first several months of play. It’s the reason why I have been steadfast in saying that the Dabo wheel schematics pool should be left alone - if it isn’t diluted, new players should have an easier time maxing a 5* ship than if the Dabo wheel is diluted like premium packs have been diluted for both schematics and crew. That 25 AM you get from matching the Val Jean’s Maquis trait disappears when you can get 2500 AM from a Prakesh or other old 5*, never mind the ability to at least be able to run Skirmishes on Epic rather than lower difficulty levels.

What would really be nice is a massive overhaul of ship construction and management - have common components that can be used for any ship and then a redesigned schematics system that’s awarded at the end of episodes or by Captain level or something. It’d give DB the chance to rebalance a few ships that are maybe in the wrong class, simplify our inventories that currently have tens of thousands of schematics for dozens of ships that are already finished, and hopefully the power to “freeze” unused ships so as to clean up the voyage and ship battle selection interfaces.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking to be my personal best Event finish ever!!!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Well, ended up #216!!!!!!

0wksxaprhbe2.jpg

And just got an Item for my new Yegg Nog from the Dabo Wheel!!!!! Jumpsuit or something.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone get a screenshot of top 10, 1k, and 1500? I'm curious what the vps were. I was too busy playing at the end to check.

I ended at 998, so good thing I didn't check.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The end was interesting, I hope we will get young picard at some point in this event.

Position about 1150 with just under a million VP, and I dropped 70-100 places in the last hour.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I woke up to find that 817K was good for 1700s VP. Ran as many more as I could.
    lmeif3cs9uf4.jpg
    I hit exactly 900K and still not enough with plenty of time to spare. I was afraid of dropping, so I pushed on.
    xdo0wcz5rkpz.jpg
    This amount of work is insane. I only managed because I have much faster crew than at first.

• Options
    I ended at 25,205! Yipee! :smiley: (I'm pretty sure that's right down on the bottom of the totem pole ... )
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    That was a bloodbath.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that was the most competitive skirmish event to date, especially at the end. Wow.

Agreed. Every time I checked my rank I was shocked at how low it was, especially when I was somewhere between 750-800 when I finished the bulk of my battles last night and slipped to 1142 even after running five more sets this morning. I’m glad I was aiming for a million VP rather than 800,000...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I played the event the same as I do every Skirmish — which is several hours each day, but not necessarily going for a high rank. Finished in the top 400. Was top 100 early on, but after dropping a few hundred spots at a certain point in the weekend, my gameplay merely served to maintain my general position, rather than moving me up at all.

This is something I fully expected after all the Skirmishes we've had so far. Each time, more players spend more time playing. But it's still my favorite event type by far, and is so easy to play while watching TV, which makes it go by a lot faster, of course. Never thought of it as a grind. And wasn't surprised by the slight additional competitiveness, since I feel that's going to be a given with each successive Skirmish event.

Thanks DB — much appreciated that I didn't have to wait as long for this since the last time. And my extra resources and ~30,000 extra Honor thanks you, as well. B)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone get a screenshot of top 10, 1k, and 1500? I'm curious what the vps were. I was too busy playing at the end to check.

No screenshot but tenth place was 4.91 million.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Good thing I'm not competitive or I'd be really depressed right now!!! LOL
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I went to bed around rank 980. I woke up after the event ended in the 1700s. At least I got Nog.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    I went to bed around rank 980. I woke up after the event ended in the 1700s.

Well there's your problem. Never log off, never stop playing, and most importantly, NEVER GO TO SLEEP.

u5hyfxn6ksfb.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »

Good thing I'm not competitive or I'd be really depressed right now!!! LOL

First place was something like 10.2 million I believe. Skirmishes be crazy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Data1001, I found this skirmish to be consistent with previous ones. Played regularly, rank bounced a bit on day 1, then ground my way forward on day 2 until I settled between rank 110-150, where I stayed for the rest of the event. Generated a lot of vp over phase 2 (around 800K I believe), but rank didn't move much because almost everyone in that rank range is just doing the same thing - grinding for prizes.

For those counting at home: 1.86 million vp, rank 127.
    Net honor (includes voyages and whatever else): +31.2K.
    Net chrons (includes voyages, etc): -700.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    The grind at the end was crazy. Just barely made it past 1500, required a score over 250k higher than the past few skirmishes. Making up that unexpected jump near the end was nuts. No more waiting till the last minute. Lol
  • Options

0wksxaprhbe2.jpg

And just got an Item for my new Yegg Nog from the Dabo Wheel!!!!! Jumpsuit or something.

It would seem we ended next to each other
    dinasltxhxc5.jpg
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    pjuhpgfntgup.png

Dropped 200 spots while I was at work today. Hopefully this will be enough, trying to save chrons for next week.

This turned out to be worth 1521. Drat.
  • Options
    PLEASE double the intel cost (and rewards) for this event type after threshold. The time commitment is getting out of hand, and will keep getting worse as more people hit consistent 10 hour voyages.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grind at the end was crazy. Just barely made it past 1500, required a score over 250k higher than the past few skirmishes. Making up that unexpected jump near the end was nuts. No more waiting till the last minute. Lol

Can you tell us your ending VP? My estimate is somewhere around 920K, but I am curious about the right amount.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I got close to 2 million VP and finished at 120, but the cost after that was exponential. To get to top 25, I would have had to have doubled my VP to about 4 million. (Maybe more, I didn’t check at the very end.)

I don’t want to say how much time I spent on this game overall over this 4 day period, and to know I would have had to at least *doubled* that time to get an extra copy of Seven is laughable.

Only giving out 1 copy only from place 26-1500, and all the multiple copies being in the top 25+ is more than a little unbalanced.

Why not give people something to shoot for in between 1500-25?

Like, get a 10 pull pack starting at 750, 1 SR cite at 300 and below, and a second copy at 200 and below. Maybe a 3rd copy at 125 and below, 4th at 25 and below, 5th at 5 and below. In addition, places 3 and 4 would get 1 legendary cite, 2 would get 2, and the winner would get 3.

I mean, something like that. That might give people more to play for even if they can’t aim for top 25.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you tell us your ending VP? My estimate is somewhere around 920K, but I am curious about the right amount.

Ivlain posted his number 2 posts above. 946,250 VP and he ended at 1521. That puts 1500 ~950K VP. We also have someone with 980k for 1238. So that 30k had ~250 people in it. At 6k/round that's 5 rounds. The scores were high, but all the movement is because everyone is sitting at the same VP and an extra round here or there made a big swing.
  • Options

0wksxaprhbe2.jpg

dinasltxhxc5.jpg

Howdy, Neighbor!!!!!!
  • Options

0wksxaprhbe2.jpg

dinasltxhxc5.jpg

Howdy, Neighbor!!!!!!

Hello from a bit up the block (206)...