Home The Bridge
Options

What is your view on expedition events.

This event is so much less hard work that previous expedition events, partly due to the newer crew selector.
How much do you like them, and how often do you want to see them?

What is your view on expedition events. 191 votes

Give us a lot more expedition events, like one a month.
10%
Warrior Willo[RotP]Ran AirenAviTrekHungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Rowden Vice Admiral SpockRoxtonJediptm Hamsters2sagimaSkittishSloth.•°rÅTT°•.ChemtrekkerJoeSage 2Mark D[RUS] Spok NokMiT Sanoa[DSD] WinterDragyn 21 votes
Give us a few more, one every couple of months.
46%
[KM]VidemCaptain TFSSR BarkleySabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMpbertZombie Squirrel V.Travis S McClainFredouZann Calcore (ISA)GrumpferCapt AjammCommander SinclairAntasilKettleKornCMO ZoidbergPrincess TristaRaraRacingAgge 89 votes
I like the current frequency of one or two a year.
18%
Z•A•P•P ©™Dane 'Glynn FuryCaptain DurfRocpileJim RaynoreXo | SilverRose (retired)Fletcher ChristianGeneral McDuckJim SteeleakloboJean-Luc KenobigregorytcmdrworfMatt_DeckerLjofaEtienneAdmiral Lon Suder {SE}PenguinJimDavideBooksSynthetic Commander 35 votes
Expedition events are the worst, and I never want to see another
20%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Iknamur_milamber42Data1001[QH] OxmyxbarrydancerThis Sisko1Draiken78(HGH)ApolloCaptain Murphysexy_ladyGib - Admiral MarinersGhostStalkerParker RobbinsThurthoradDarmok campfireAMDGtytlalAlmost a AngelDirk Gunderson 40 votes
Go away, I am watching Picard.
3%
IvanstonePaladin 27Castell-NeathAandraaNSEA Protector 1999Sharpe 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love to see them more often
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me they bother my carpal tunnel in a way the other events do not especially when there are five missions instead of three or four and it is a whole event not just hybrid. I could live with a hybrid expedition every few months but otherwise for me they are not very tenable.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I’d like to see expeditions more regulary, like every 3 months or so.

But please allow to „heart“ most used crew, so u always see them on top, or show bonus crew general on top of sorting, no matter of fatigue and status. :)

Edit

But yeah, please limit Missions to 3 or 4 max.. 5 are too much imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I picked “one a year“ for all of you crazy people.

As far as I am concerned they can go away forever. :p

It’s been a day and a half and I’m still not through the first ticket LOL. I just unlocked all the epics.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm having an oddly hard time with this event; not at all how I did with the last one (which was the first event I won a Legendary in). My Professor (1* at first but now 2*) keeps running out of juice on me and my Detective Data (1*) isn't much better. I'm having a real hard time figuring out the sequence for each event. This isn't so much complaining; just frustrated my brain muscle isn't doing what it's supposed to. It would be good to keep doing these every few months.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    EnderW wrote: »
    i'm having an oddly hard time with this event; not at all how I did with the last one (which was the first event I won a Legendary in). My Professor (1* at first but now 2*) keeps running out of juice on me and my Detective Data (1*) isn't much better. I'm having a real hard time figuring out the sequence for each event. This isn't so much complaining; just frustrated my brain muscle isn't doing what it's supposed to. It would be good to keep doing these every few months.

Yep that is one of the big problems, Data and Professor have such low stats they fatigue so quickly.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep that is one of the big problems, Data and Professor have such low states they fatigue so quickly.

There's also that one COM node that none of the event crew can clear for the full points. Good thing I have a Scrooge Data.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Considering I've never gotten this high on an event ever....
    1pu8ag0zo7af.jpg
    I'd say I'm a bit biased :wink:
    Edit: this was last night but I figure I should be able to finish at this rank with less than 100 dil
  • Options

Yep that is one of the big problems, Data and Professor have such low states they fatigue so quickly.

There's also that one COM node that none of the event crew can clear for the full points. Good thing I have a Scrooge Data.

True though I have come to expect that as it seems every expedition has one node the event crew cannot do.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    1pu8ag0zo7af.jpg
    Edit: this was last night but I figure I should be able to finish at this rank with less than 100 dil

Good luck. But keep in mind that folks can do 300k+ an hour, so better make sure ur around the final hours until event end. I expect a bloodbath For the final hours.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Wow. Really surprised at the negative response to this event in many online venues. Especially considering how many posts have said “what happened to expedition?” over the past few months.
    I agree that an entire 4 days is too redundant. But in general it is a nice change of pace and fun.
    I agree that having to start in the lower tier for every ticket is not fun. You should be able to play any tier from the start like in skirmish.
    I agree the missions could be shorter and limited to 3 or 4.
    I agree the ticket refresh needs work. Many new players are confused.
    I agree event crew exist for a reason but one thing i do especially like about expedition is any crew matching the node Trait can clear it. This is a way for newer or f2p players to have a descent chance to participate.
    As far as carpal tunnel, skirmish aggravates this as well and i feel the same about a 4 day skirmish.
    Since we rarely have expedition there is alot of confusion about how to start another set. Ppl think you have to wait for a reset or refresh. The button to start a new ticket/expedition should say “start new expedition” not “Cancel attempt”. This is misleading ppl think they will loose all progress by the word “cancel”. Its not until you hit the button that it explains you will not.

Speaking generally about many discussions on event repetition and boredom lately i would suggest that hybrid events could be mixed between all 4 types. Why is a hybrid always faction/galaxy????
    Expedition or skirmish could be phase 2 in several mixtures of hybrid variants. Such as
    Faction/expedition
    Faction/skirmish
    Galaxy/skirmish
    Galaxy/expedition
    In order to accommodate working players the skirmish or expedition portions should take place in phase 2 since these require more screen time.
    If some of the above changes could be implemented it could mix things up with several variations of hybrids between full galaxy or faction events.
    Lastly to add, i have seen suggestions of new event ideas similar to a gauntlet or a voyage. Add these 2 new events and we could go 8 weeks without the same event type. 🖖🏻🥓
  • Options
    This is my first Expedition. I'm really liking it overall. It's a bit time consuming, and I don't like that earned tickets are taken away with the daily reset, but otherwise I think it's a good change of pace.
  • Options
    I find them to be a lot more tedious than other events. The constant having to find the event cards and looking to match non-fatigued cards to nodes etc.

With skirmishes I just set up a team and tap away. Same with galaxy events, the event cards are always at the top. Faction events as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    1pu8ag0zo7af.jpg

Good luck. But keep in mind that folks can do 300k+ an hour, so better make sure ur around the final hours until event end. I expect a bloodbath For the final hours.

Rats I didn't think about that, I had planned on being there for the final hours so I may have to go over budget but it'll be worth it
    Edit: it now seems everyone got the same idea and now everyone is trying for a good finish so it's gonna be more like 1000 crystals instead of 100... But is it still worth it?
  • Options
    I agree that having to start in the lower tier for every ticket is not fun. You should be able to play any tier from the start like in skirmish.

You do not have to start in lower tier each ticket. Once you have cleared all tiers you can start on epic with a fresh ticket.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I like the fact that they require some more planning and aren't just mindless tapping. I dislike them because they're time consuming (but so are galaxy and skirmish events).

Personally, I would find them a lot more enjoyable if:

1) Bonus crew was shown at the top, as others mentioned.

2) Tickets didn't reset once a day.

3) The missions worked more like the space battles in skirmishes, that is: you use every ticket for one level of difficulty and not for all three of them AND with the right crew it's enough to play each mission once (I hate to replay them all just to clear one more node). The overall VP would be lower, but the threshold rewards could be reworked accordingly and match those of other events.

As for the last point, I know that no one forces us to play all of the missions and clear all of the nodes, but right now it makes a lot of difference in points if you just run every epic mission once, so it's not really an option if you want to clear thresholds.
  • Options
    One of my favorite things about Expeditions was using them as a barometer for my progress in the game. I wasn't capable of even unlocking missions 4 and 5 on Epic in my first Expedition. The next time, I could, but it took everyone I had. Honestly, if it hadn't been for Expeditions, I probably would have abandoned the game because I had no real sense of making any real progress with anything. Keep in mind, there were no collections or achievements at that time.

I have really enjoyed reading posts from newer players who have gotten into "The Game's Afoot", especially those who have observed the same things that those of us who have lamented their absence have said all along.

There are four months each year that have a fifth weekend. This year, those are March, May, August, and November. What if those were given to Expeditions?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I enjoy the strategy of finding the right crew to cover all the non-VP nodes, which allows you to limit the event crew to only the nodes that give VP, thereby minimizing their fatigue. Then you have to find 3 similar crew to cover those nodes at each skill mission level. It's a fun way to discover crew that have various skill combinations to fit a particular mission perfectly. As an example, for mission #5, I've been using Surak (epic), Tenavik (elite) and Captain Spock (normal) to cover all the non-VP nodes.

I've been able to clear every ENG/SEC/MED/SCI node with 1/5 Detective Data (now 2/5), 4/4 Doc LaForge and a second Doc LaForge built from threshold rewards. It is very satisfying to come up with efficient combinations to clear every mission in 2 runs, maximizing the VP earned (66,500 per run, since I don't have The Professor for DIP nodes) in about 20 minutes per ticket.

If we're talking full expedition, I think once every 2-3 months would suffice. If they're part of a hybrid, then monthly please! The new skill filtering and search functions have been very helpful, and I like the earlier suggestion about being able to favorite (heart, like in crew quarters) crew to appear at the top.
  • Options
    I don't think they are more time consuming than a galaxy or skirmish-event unless you really buy extra tickets. I do think they require more tapping so the feeling of time may be different.
    I could live with a few more expeditions but preferably in hybrid events.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 'em ... once in a while is fine ... I wouldn't mind if the next few are re-runs, especially if they have the same reward set-up like this one ... e.g. Merry Men with Will Scarlett the weekend before and Beowulf Kim in the thresholds.

Also, the odd Hybrid with an expedition element might be nice, like they've done in the past.

Like others, I enjoy the crew management aspect ... I've had some fun brain scratchers for voyages during this event (MED/ENG, ENG/DIP and now DIP/SCI) that would normally have some of the crew I use for the event on it ... it has taken me a while to get into the rhythm again, it would be better if I could sit down for an extended period to play, but hey.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the ticket refresh needs work. Many new players are confused.
    I agree event crew exist for a reason but one thing i do especially like about expedition is any crew matching the node Trait can clear it. This is a way for newer or f2p players to have a descent chance to participate.
    As far as carpal tunnel, skirmish aggravates this as well and i feel the same about a 4 day skirmish.
    Since we rarely have expedition there is alot of confusion about how to start another set. Ppl think you have to wait for a reset or refresh. The button to start a new ticket/expedition should say “start new expedition” not “Cancel attempt”. This is misleading ppl think they will loose all progress by the word “cancel”. Its not until you hit the button that it explains you will not.

This has been my main complaint since tickets went from timed 1 hour to infinite time. The in-game event info has never been edited to reflect and explain this (but it was after ad-doubling was intoduced to explain that it wont double VP). Instead of "cancel attempt", perhaps something like "recharge crew bonus nodes", and refering to tickets as "charges" would adequately describe how the events effectively run.

I always try to be sure new members of my fleet understand this, and during the run of the event there almost always is someone confused in UC. I am enjoying the rerun (The Games Afoot is well-written and has some interesting scenarios) and the crew search fuction is an improvement, but this needs to be addressed next.

The away-team mechanic is one of the most underused features of the game. Outside of story missions, expeditions are the only other place it is utilized, which is why we need them.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of being a downer, I just don’t understand the draw. As I said yesterday, the first ticket is neat because it’s fun to figure things out and the second ticket, when you can finally run in reverse order, is also fun when making tweaks to your crew usage. After that, it is a perfect storm of mindless thumb-wrecking and being completely hosed if you aren’t constantly paying rapt attention - one wrong step and you’ve completely wiped out a crew member, worse yet if it’s an event crew.

Skirmishes can be done while doing something else. Galaxy events require more attention but are at least flexible when it comes to pacing. As for Expeditions...let’s just say that I am at 416k VP and not entirely sure if I have it in me to grind to 475k for Data. Although I’ve made it this far, I hate Expeditions more with every ticket and am having trouble finding the will to keep going.

Getting back on topic, I don’t want to participate in a full Expedition ever again. If we get a couple hybrids a year I can do them like with Galaxy hybrids and just sit out the half I don’t like...also, please never have a Galaxy/Expedition hybrid.
  • Options
    I’d like an Expedition event every few months. I guess your love or hate for them depends on the depth of your crew. Although this is a time intensive event I’ve had a relatively easy go of this one. I wish that all of the tickets were distributed at the beginning like others have said earlier. Even though I’m in a good time zone for the start of the event I work during the day and was not able to start until around dinner time. I couldn’t claim a lot of my rewards until Saturday and now I’m working on using up all those tickets before the reset.

Better yet if we could get more Expeditions my preference would be in a hybrid with a faction so you’re spending only half the time plowing away getting rewards.
  • Options
    RFRF ✭✭
    I enjoy the change of pace but would really prefer to see it in a hybrid... maybe with a skirmish so all the complainers can unite, lol!
    Seriously though, variety is good and with all events anyone has the option to take the weekend off.

LlAP
  • Options
    I hate the time wasting involved in Expeditions and that you get nothing except points and the event rewards. If they added some other rewards on node it might be worth while. And I have had multiple comments in my fleet about how boring, or long it is to complete a ticket. This will be my worst event in ages, and my fleets worst in a long time.