Home The Bridge

Discussion about next week's mini event.

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
As announced here: forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15639/all-hands-to-battle-stations we are having a beta for a mini event next week.

Use this thread to discuss it.
On Monday I will start a specific thread for feedback about the mini-event.

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hmm...intriguing. The complete lack of details has certainly piqued my interest lol
  • Wonder how much we need to spend to compete.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I'm on it like Kirk on the latest female alien.

Or

You had me at, we want your opinion..
  • I am intrigued and very excited to see something new!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Could make the mid week more interesting...

Trying to get more people to log in Monday-Wednesday I bet.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • I'm also very intrigued and looking forward to something new!
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mid week event? WAY cool!!! I’m super excited! And I like the mystery involved in what it is and what we will be doing. Let’s do it!!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something new can never do harm. Whatever it is, count me in!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • robownage wrote: »
    Hmm...intriguing. The complete lack of details has certainly piqued my interest lol

This is my exact thoughts put into words before I had time to even think them.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    As announced here: forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15639/all-hands-to-battle-stations we are having a beta for a mini event next week.

Use this thread to discuss it.
    On Monday I will start a specific thread for feedback about the mini-event.

Will we be getting a "Event Briefing" like the one we get for Thursday Events? Or is it going to surprise stuff?

Like an eighth Wild West Crew.......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adds a bit of spice to boring Tuesdays ;) would be nice to know a little more info but I guess I have to sip my Guinness and wait.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Adds a bit of spice to boring Tuesdays ;) would be nice to know a little more info but I guess I have to sip my Guinness and wait.

Adds something besides the Tuesday Packs, which so often now have 4* instead of 5* New Crew, since people are complacent......
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad you are thinking of ways to keep the game fresh and look forward to the mini event "mystery"...
    Looks like we will be told a half hour beforehand what the deal is and we will have that half hour to figure out what we are doing. Sounds very intriguing!
    I would have preferred a 24h Mini Event from Tuesday till Wednesday.

Starting right 30 mins after the current event ends is not great, imho.
    If this becomes the new standard, players will burn out fast and DB losing money.

Depends on how it works. It could be something that doesn't necessarily require a huge time commitment, but has a large window to ensure completion.
  • robownage wrote: »

If this becomes the new standard, players will burn out fast and DB losing money.

Depends on how it works. It could be something that doesn't necessarily require a huge time commitment, but has a large window to ensure completion.

Fair point. Maybe there are no Individual leaderboards and ranked rewards.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Roxton wrote: »
    As long as it does not drain all our resources needed for events
    It should be good.

Indeed. If the event is neutral or a way to set up resources for the next event that would be cool. But events are already draining half the time. I'd rather not be tempted by something else to drain my resources when I need to build for the next full event.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not, it has the potential to be interesting but the pessimist in me can't ignore that they may be testing how acceptable nerfed rewards for skirmishes are. :D
    Roxton wrote: »
    As long as it does not drain all our resources needed for events
    It should be good.

Is the Decoy Kira Flashback Galaxy? Extra Chronitons might be nice.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I'm hoping it is something similar to the McCoy thing ... where the event is linked to community achievements or something like personal achievements during that timeframe ...
    I'm okay with doing some "extra" stuff on those days, but ...

If I have to rank against players to get something from Monday to Wednesday, that's just basically adding an "extra" phase to the current event ... that would mean it would basically be a continual event schedule each day of the week ... I can't do that kind of commitment stuff to a game, I already find it hard to do well in regular events due to IRL activities limiting my game time severely.

But I'm getting ahead of myself ... as long as it isn't a massive commitment I'm fine with it.
    As soon as 11:00 Monday hits, I’m bored. I would LOVE to have that boredom cured!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Why not, it has the potential to be interesting but the pessimist in me can't ignore that they may be testing how acceptable nerfed rewards for skirmishes are. :D

And there was me thinking expedition :smiley:
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will wait to see what this looks like for a final opinion.

I would love to see something with threshold style rewards.

I hope there are no rank rewards that will make Mon-Wed as competitive as Thur-Mon.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am intrigued by the concept and the mystery behind the event...then I remember that I will be buried in work for most of Monday and Tuesday, so I don’t know how much I will actually be able to participate.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, should we keep our crew at home beforehand? Voyages, shuttles? Or will it be like Gauntlet or Skirmish where the crew may be wherever?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Shan, should we keep our crew at home beforehand? Voyages, shuttles? Or will it be like Gauntlet or Skirmish where the crew may be wherever?

The announcement specifically mentions no featured crew, so looking more like Skirmish in that approach.
This discussion has been closed.