Home The Bridge
Options

Discussion about next week's mini event.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

But... There is a lot of merit to the expedition idea. I think it was @Bylo Band who pitched an idea to use old expeditions as a separate chapter or game mode. Making them mini events would surely fit that criteria. But... There's been what, 7 expeditions total? That would get DB through 7 weeks before they had to start creating content or rotating the same 7 (or however many there are) mini-events. I'm not discounting the idea, but I do also see some reasons that DB may go another direction.

If the mini events were mini expedition events, I think I'd be fine with it. There are only 7 of them, but they could always just change the dialogue and some of the rewards, instead of creating new away missions. People have complained about the lack of new episodes, so this could address their requests too, sort of.

The only thing I really hope for is that they won't be mini galaxy events with new crew as rewards. I know most of you hate faction, but to me galaxy events are what expeditions are to 25% of the players, according to that poll someone here made. I'd rather not see any more of them than I already have to :D

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now reading all this, I suspect something like a mini episode, like an episode without separate levels (normal/elite/epic), but better rewards. That gives us both away missions and space battles to earn points.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thrilled at something new. We've had almost nothing new of significance (that requires interaction) since Skirmishes 21 months ago so I'm approaching this one open minded and positive. They have a long leash with me to iron out the wrinkles as long as they're trying something.

Pretty much all of the new stuff since then has been one-and-done. I'm guessing what it will be for fun. It'll be difficult to disappoint me as well. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y’all, what if it’s gonna be a Bridge Crew theme harvester for the marketing department to use? None of us would stand a chance against @Travis S McClain or @Data1001 , just to name a couple. :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y’all, what if it’s gonna be a Bridge Crew theme harvester for the marketing department to use? None of us would stand a chance against @Travis S McClain or @Data1001 , just to name a couple. :wink:

No one stands a chance against them, anyway.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone remember when DB did that short story writing competition on Facebook? I got a kick out of that. Wish they'd do something like that again. Except not on Facebook since I deleted my account.
  • Options
    DazlaaaaaDazlaaaaa ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Oh. All I need right now is trainers

Really?!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »

Really?!

I think Banjo was around 425 immortalized last week. Now he's at 525. That's a lot of trainers. He's got to be going through them like water.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?!

Really

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's a mini voyages/assignments format using "useless" 1*, 2*, 3*, 4* ships
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    To quote my favorite Vulcan: "Fascinating..."

Let's see what the resource / commitment / rewards ratios are - maybe a new type of event they're testing out to add to the cycle. I'll try anything once - twice if it's cheap and easy.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see what the resource / commitment / rewards ratios are - maybe a new type of event they're testing out to add to the cycle. I'll try anything once - twice if it's cheap and easy.

That’s why I’m on my third wife. OOOHHH!!!!!!

• Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say the only ones I kept from the mega is Mirror Burnham and Picard. Oh yeah, I have Twilight T’Pol immortal. I just save all my one and two stars I get from voyages. Every once in a while I need to pull a few 90k credit packs if I have enough trainers but no one to level.

Stubbs I understand. I kept him, but I get others airlocking him. But AoS Troi? Did you already airlock her? I'm keeping both in case recap packs are kind and I can freeze them. (Even if not, I'll use SR citations and freeze them.)

I did dump her. I have enough Trois. Plus I’m working on the innovator collection so I have SR cites way ahead of her in line. And I should have kept Stubbs for that collection. I didn’t realize he was in it til he was gone and after I realized I was close enough to that collection to have him make a difference. Oh well. I’ll get there

You can request him to be restore within 30 days of airlocking him.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

Indeed :)
  • Options
    @Shan Can you clarify that... active (i.e. not frozen) or idle (not busy with shuttles/voyages)?
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    So I .. I totally misled you all by accident :(
    ogdwjtdfho9n.jpg

This mini event will not require active crew.
    I am sorry!

I will set up the discussion for the mini event soon.
    I will reiterate in the thread itself, but a reminder to please keep the feedback clear and concise - and on topic.

Thank you!

„There are no mistakes, just Happy Accidents. :) “ - Bob Ross <3
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Oh well... My all-SR-voyage performed outstandingly but only last for 7.8 hours. What a pity. But we will survive it.

Shan, only people who do not work make no mistakes. All good, thanks for the update. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, Shan! So active but not idle - aka skirmish rules. :)
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    So I .. I totally misled you all by accident :(
    ogdwjtdfho9n.jpg

This mini event will not require active crew.
    I am sorry!

I will set up the discussion for the mini event soon.
    I will reiterate in the thread itself, but a reminder to please keep the feedback clear and concise - and on topic.

Thank you!

All is forgiven - one Voyage recalled slightly early is hardly the end of the world! Thank you for clarifying ahead of time :)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew. sent my shuttles by mistake so glad to see this.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have just recovered my last set of event shuttles, the voyage is at 5 1/2 hours out of a possible 10, but I will wait to see what game is afoot before sending out post-event shuttles.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?!

Really

Truly?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?!

Really

Truly?

Indeed

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?!

Really

Truly?

Indeed

vi8piszkolq6.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

Really?!

Really

Truly?

Indeed

vi8piszkolq6.jpg

I was expecting this :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread, the feedback thread is open :)
    Have fun and thank you!
This discussion has been closed.