Home The Bridge
Options

Discussion about next week's mini event.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand. It is the great airlocking/freezing competition.

You get points for every crew you freeze during the mini-event.
    You get even more points for every crew air-locked (and left to asphyxiate in the vacuum of space for over 4 hours.)
    If you clear your roster entirely you get a massive heap of bonus points.

The winner gets a free 1/2 Acting Ensign Crusher, who cannot be airlocked, cited or merged with another, so stays in their active roster forever. :p

Seriously, if we are going to have this regularly, then we may need a larger active roster, so it would be nice if we could have some extra free crew slots.

You totally lost me

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You get even more points for every crew air-locked (and left to asphyxiate in the vacuum of space for over 4 hours.)

The winner gets a free 1/2 Acting Ensign Crusher, who cannot be airlocked, cited or merged with another, so stays in their active roster forever. :p

Seriously, if we are going to have this regularly, then we may need a larger active roster, so it would be nice if we could have some extra free crew slots.

You totally lost me

Dude is trying to get us more slots. 🤫😉

Oh. All I need right now is trainers

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

You totally lost me

Dude is trying to get us more slots. 🤫😉

Oh. All I need right now is trainers

Hopefully trainers will be on the low end of the loot table. It would only make sense because the amount that we get from Tuesday cadet missions is pretty low. It could use a little boost from these new mini events.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I think it will be like a battle against a giant enemy like the borg or crystalline entity and every captain will do damage against it until it dies but it will require thousands of attack and everyone that patriciate will get some loot.
  • Options
    Uluru wrote: »
    Please no trainers. Voyages give more than I can spend.

wxt1kleekds0.png
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

wxt1kleekds0.png

You did that just to make @Banjo1012 jealous, didn’t you? :wink:

P.S.: w/r/t crew slots, I suspect the next free set of 5 & additional tiers will arrive in April, possibly around First Contact Day. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

wxt1kleekds0.png

P.S.: w/r/t crew slots, I suspect the next free set of 5 & additional tiers will arrive in April, possibly around First Contact Day. 🖖

My suspicions are yes. But on the plus side I’m at 518 immortals. This quest will soon be over

• Options

wxt1kleekds0.png

My suspicions are yes. But on the plus side I’m at 518 immortals. This quest will soon be over

Have you been immortalizing event crew as you go or will you get a little bump with recap packs?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say the only ones I kept from the mega is Mirror Burnham and Picard. Oh yeah, I have Twilight T’Pol immortal. I just save all my one and two stars I get from voyages. Every once in a while I need to pull a few 90k credit packs if I have enough trainers but no one to level.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot speak for anyone else. But I plan to do nothing on my Daily Chores until we know what we have to do in the Event Mini-Event.

Others can decide for themselves.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    Uhhhh, not sure if I went to the right room or not. I have nothing valuable to contribute to the conversation but I would like to engage in some petty bickering? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

There is thread somewhere. I got edited yesterday. :smiley:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15642/pricing-error-one-too-many-zeros/p1
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I want to say the only ones I kept from the mega is Mirror Burnham and Picard. Oh yeah, I have Twilight T’Pol immortal. I just save all my one and two stars I get from voyages. Every once in a while I need to pull a few 90k credit packs if I have enough trainers but no one to level.

Stubbs I understand. I kept him, but I get others airlocking him. But AoS Troi? Did you already airlock her? I'm keeping both in case recap packs are kind and I can freeze them. (Even if not, I'll use SR citations and freeze them.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stubbs I understand. I kept him, but I get others airlocking him. But AoS Troi? Did you already airlock her? I'm keeping both in case recap packs are kind and I can freeze them. (Even if not, I'll use SR citations and freeze them.)

I did dump her. I have enough Trois. Plus I’m working on the innovator collection so I have SR cites way ahead of her in line. And I should have kept Stubbs for that collection. I didn’t realize he was in it til he was gone and after I realized I was close enough to that collection to have him make a difference. Oh well. I’ll get there

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    So we need active and available crew for something "familiar", which in fact more or less tells us what it is:

- It's not the gauntlet or anything related to ship battles.
    - It could be away team missions, so another version of expeditions. Not too hopeful about that one because it would require DB to optimise their workflow to build away missions faster but who knows.
    - It could be related to galaxy events, but randomly spending chrons in the middle of the week would immensely piss people off and I'm sure the devs aren't that stupid.
    - It could be related to voyages.

I don't think any of us would be in awe of voyages "with a twist" but it would have the advantage of not getting in the way of the every day routine so I like that theory the most.

Hopefully it's not competitive and DB uses their new temporary achievements features instead of yet another boring ladder.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    So we need active and available crew for something "familiar", which in fact more or less tells us what it is:

- It's not the gauntlet or anything related to ship battles.
    - It could be away team missions, so another version of expeditions. Not too hopeful about that one because it would require DB to optimise their workflow to build away missions faster but who knows.
    - It could be related to galaxy events, but randomly spending chrons in the middle of the week would immensely piss people off and I'm sure the devs aren't that stupid.
    - It could be related to voyages.

I don't think any of us would be in awe of voyages "with a twist" but it would have the advantage of not getting in the way of the every day routine so I like that theory the most.

Hopefully it's not competitive and DB uses their new temporary achievements features instead of yet another boring ladder.

You very well could be right. And having it over three days could have us seeing tests of many skill combos. I would be very down for that!

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be shuttle related too. Just to complete the list...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I am hoping for something like one of our suggestions in "Make It So", that it is some kind of scavenger hunt! This would fit the time issue pretty well and require crew so...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it will be something like "complete X something". If we need active crew then it could be complete faction missions.

Maybe complete 50 shuttles? Although the comment about playing with balance maybe means the target will be successfully complete 35 missions?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn t count on, that ships are not involved somehow. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a line planned about shuttles too, but somehow I forgot. It's possible, but it's not really a players' favourite and we're already getting factions every other week, but the main question would be: what would DB change about shuttles? Their management is already in love with the event, probably because the top 5 spends 2k a week to get there, so what would they change about that?
  • Options
    Drago MusevniDrago Musevni ✭✭✭✭
    Just what we need, MORE days of events during the week. </sarcasm>

More days of disruption where we need to withhold our best crew from voyages and shuttles.

I'm kinda hoping the mini-event is an expedition with lousy rewards so that I'll have no qualms about skipping it entirely.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I had a line planned about shuttles too, but somehow I forgot. It's possible, but it's not really a players' favourite and we're already getting factions every other week, but the main question would be: what would DB change about shuttles? Their management is already in love with the event, probably because the top 5 spends 2k a week to get there, so what would they change about that?

My comment was only for completion's sake.

Now that I know that it is not vein to hold back the crew I will just have myself surprised with whatever may come.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    After seeing the current bloodbath of a faction event, it would not hurt my feelings if DB gave players a new outlet for their shuttle boosts and rentals. One consideration is that we are about to wrap up a faction event. There will be a winning faction bonus. I'm not sure if that will impact a mini event with shuttles. DB might want to avoid this wrinkle and 6 straight days of sending out shuttles. We shall see...

I did a poll a while back about what new event type players wanted most. Voyage-type was the clear winner. If DB paid attention to that, then @Ren~ might be right. I also did a thread about some ideas for a voyage type event. It would be nice if DB took some ideas from there or elsewhere on the forum. Here's to hoping. 🤞
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

We know it's not Ren's favorite. The competition we see would tend to indicate there are players who like it despite Ren's opinion.

What we know DB wants to accomplish (emphasis added by me)

We have multiple goals in mind:
    - propose a potentially reoccurring mid-week activity that is familiar yet has a few twists
    - provide a new way to get specific rewards
    - test out balance changes without impacting our regular events
    - gather specific feedback

A faction event would certainly fit familiar. And testing a balance change without impacting regular events would imply that the mini-event is based on a regular event not a new voyage type event.

This feels like either a variation on an existing event, or possibly a way to rework expedition events without losing a weekend event to an expedition event they can't monetize.

• Options
    I think you're unduly discounting voyages. Just because there is currently no voyage event, that does not make voyages unfamiliar.

But... There is a lot of merit to the expedition idea. I think it was @Bylo Band who pitched an idea to use old expeditions as a separate chapter or game mode. Making them mini events would surely fit that criteria. But... There's been what, 7 expeditions total? That would get DB through 7 weeks before they had to start creating content or rotating the same 7 (or however many there are) mini-events. I'm not discounting the idea, but I do also see some reasons that DB may go another direction.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just what we need, MORE days of events during the week. </sarcasm>

More days of disruption where we need to withhold our best crew from voyages and shuttles.

I'm kinda hoping the mini-event is an expedition with lousy rewards so that I'll have no qualms about skipping it entirely.

I understand the sentiment, but nothing is required. It may be a fun thing with no major reward, in which case you simply choose voyages and shuttles or different types of rewards.
This discussion has been closed.