Home The Bridge

New Life and New Civilizations collection expansion

[ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in The Bridge
While the Server Update thread mentions the Play Ball collection update, it does not mention that the New Life and New Civilizations (a.k.a. Diplomat) collection was hugely expanded with two additional tiers, to where 60 of the 64 Diplomats in the game are needed to finish it.

lwrczdthzh8e.jpg
b7cgo7eyszqo.jpg

It looks to me to now be by far the most difficult collection to complete in the game.

Comments

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the Server Update thread mentions the Play Ball collection update, it does not mention that the New Life and New Civilizations (a.k.a. Diplomat) collection was hugely expanded with two additional tiers, to where 60 of the 64 Diplomats in the game are needed to finish it.

lwrczdthzh8e.jpg
    b7cgo7eyszqo.jpg

It looks to me to now be by far the most difficult collection to complete in the game.

HOLY SMOKES! I need 29 more diplomats!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHOA.
  • so they continue unmaxing collections.ok i m done chasing them then and with the game once i reach 99
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am NOT chasing those carrots. Especially for one measly DIP boost
    Maybe the Picard mega will have diplomats as bonus. And maybe we’ll get a bunch. Otherwise, that’s an insane amount of 5*s needed for that collection.
    It's an end-end-endgame goal I guess.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riva a Diplomat? If so, easier decision to Cite him at end of this Campaign.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Riva a Diplomat? If so, easier decision to Cite him at end of this Campaign.

Yes.
    edited March 2020
    I'd like to see an expansion of the 10 crew collections (Cardassian, Ferengi, Borg, Vulcan, Romulan, Augment) to 15 or 20, or several additional tiers.
  • edited March 2020
    borg2004 wrote: »
    so they continue unmaxing collections.ok i m done chasing them then and with the game once i reach 99

To ba fair, if there are 64 Diplomats and the lowest goal was way below 60, it was probably time for some new goals. I understand when people got upset when they added one Crew to a Collection and made a goal for the new +1 maximum number. But, the game is growing all the time. Several new Crew every week. At some point, Collections need to grow to reflect the new Crew. If a Collection has ten Crew in it, and eventually there are fifty new Crew in it, should the top goal remain for Immortalizing ten of the sixty? People should be glad the game is constantly growing. Stagnation and staleness would not bode well for the continuation of the game.

this is not the way to grow or reduce staleness of the game.if one wanted to do that, everyone in the forum can think of 20 things how that could be accomplished.new episodes fleet battles etc.as for unmaxing collections it negates the accomplishment imo. they can always add more crew and give rewards but springing that out of the blue...why not only 60 lets make it 200. why not create new collections instead of messing with the old ones that are already maxed? it feels like an insult thats how i feel

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't get mad at two new tiers. But I'll have to wait for more lower rarity Diplomats. I can't justify citing 20+ legendary crew for that final step.
    Farewell 🖖
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if I got my remaining 4* Diplomats, that would still only take me to 35...
    This is a goal too far above me for the time being!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
    Luckily Diplomat is a far more common trait than Jury Rigger. When collections were first released, a lot of them seemed daunting, including this one. Despite the fact that I just finished all the skill bonus collections about 6 weeks ago, I’m actually happy to see it expanded. I actually requested it in the TP poll we just had, so I’m probably at least partially to blame.
    Luckily Diplomat is a far more common trait than Jury Rigger. When collections were first released, a lot of them seemed daunting, including this one. Despite the fact that I just finished all the skill bonus collections about 6 weeks ago, I’m actually happy to see it expanded. I actually requested it in the TP poll we just had, so I’m probably at least partially to blame.

Awe Smelly! Don’t do this. You just got out of the doghouse!

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Ha! I already put up a mailbox in front of it.

That made me actually laugh out loud. Smart though. Guess you never know when you have to take up permanent residence there. Move over Rex. You got a roommate

• The last time I finished a collection, I celebrated by airlocking 5-6 2/4* and 3/4* crew I didn't think I'd need anymore. Guess I don't want to do that again.
    Unnar wrote: »
    The last time I finished a collection, I celebrated by airlocking 5-6 2/4* and 3/4* crew I didn't think I'd need anymore. Guess I don't want to do that again.

Ouch! A very smart D3VIL DOG once told me he thinks every card in the game will eventually be in a collection. Only 2 collections would have to be added for that to be true. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. When people in my fleet ask who is safe to airlock, that’s generally what I tell them. Just something to consider.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth noting is that completing the new tiers would bring total DIP bonuses (Starbase and Collections) to +15% Core and +16% Proficiency Min and Max. Presently, so far as I know, the most any skill is boosted is 15%.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That made me actually laugh out loud. Smart though. Guess you never know when you have to take up permanent residence there. Move over Rex. You got a roommate

I also had audible laughter.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Worth noting is that completing the new tiers would bring total DIP bonuses (Starbase and Collections) to +15% Core and +16% Proficiency Min and Max. Presently, so far as I know, the most any skill is boosted is 15%.

Pretty sure it‘s the other way. 16% base and 15% prof. ;)
    svw4mp0a6mam.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they had created a new collection instead of expanding a collection with many awful and older characters. I don't mind the extension to 40, but 60/64 is too much. The thing I really don't like is that they are incentivizing bad/older cards that have been power crept. A Pilot collection for example that gives a boost to your arena and skirmish battle ships would have been very welcome. I'll probably go to 40 in the diplomat collection and stop there. Even some of the whaliest of whales don't have this collection finished.

I expect new diplomats to be added. Hopefully they're SR and below. In the meantime, the most dedicated collectors will have an advantage. Personally, I find it to be a mild annoyance at most.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing to remember is just because there’s a collection doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to chase all the 5*. If they drop great, but it’s no loss if they don’t.
  • I'll collect who I want anyway. If it helps a collection fine, if not well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I won't finish this one in at least 2 years lol