Home The Bridge
Options

New Life and New Civilizations collection expansion

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I noticed that too. And here I thought I had all the main collections finished...

Also why is Logician Solok not in the Play Ball collection?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I noticed that too. And here I thought I had all the main collections finished...

Also why is Logician Solok not in the Play Ball collection?

Per Shan, he will be added to it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll collect who I want anyway. If it helps a collection fine, if not well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I won't finish this one in at least 2 years lol

My thoughts exactly. I will approach it like I approached the Jury Rigger collection. So far out of reach that I won't focus on it at all. If enough 1-4* are added that it becomes close to being complete I'll consider my options at that point. Until then it won't change my game play at all.
  • Options
    97jzy8o0vn3g.png

I would need 58 legendary citations to finish.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the addition ... even though, as a pretty average player, I'll not hit 60 in the foreseeable future ...

40 is in range though and there are some good/decent 5* crew that can be citation-magnets:
    - Pining Vina
    - Solar Sail Sisko
    - Krenim Guest Paris
    - Forrest
    (- Suus Mahna Sarek, who's almost there for me anyway).

which will get me the 40 tier ... but I do wish that proficiency was at 40 and base at 60 ... means I'll be down 1% in the gauntlet for DIP almost eternally.

Some other good crew who I don't own ...
    - Bem
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crikey Nechayev and Grand Nagus Rom became useful for something. I need to immortalise 13 crew and unlock 21 remaining legendaries, I hope some more purples get added to the collection.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a thought... What if the next season of Discovery is a bunch of diplomatic missions? What if we get a new Diplomat almost every other week? I don't know how the show will go, but it seems like a possibility to me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, they also expanded Rare crew (that gives another replicator use) and possibly holodeck enthusiasts unless I was just behind on the do not airlock checklist.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    FYI, they also expanded Rare crew (that gives another replicator use) and possibly holodeck enthusiasts unless I was just behind on the do not airlock checklist.

They expanded Rare a few weeks back. And they didn’t expand the Holodeck one (still 12 reward tiers with 13 possible cards).

I’m betting this expansion is a mistake (probably meant to be lower goals). There are stretch goals and then there are impossible to achieve goals; this is the latter. There have to be only a few dozen accounts that could clear this and, if you’re spending that kind of money, the rewards aren’t worth it.

Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    This collection is a beast for me (36/40 FF, 46/64 owned), but I still love the expansion.

Adding new (or expanding old) collections has been part of my feedback to DB the last couple times they asked. IMO, long-established players need more goals to maintain engagement. This is a game with no true finish line. Nobody gets to "win" STT. So might as well give us more things to try to do. Whether one chooses to do them or not is up to each person.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

They expanded Rare a few weeks back. And they didn’t expand the Holodeck one (still 12 reward tiers with 13 possible cards).

I’m betting this expansion is a mistake (probably meant to be lower goals). There are stretch goals and then there are impossible to achieve goals; this is the latter. There have to be only a few dozen accounts that could clear this and, if you’re spending that kind of money, the rewards aren’t worth it.

That, or there is a plan to add a significant number of Diplomats to the game soon, and the expansion of the collection was meant to come out later to coincide with that.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    This collection is a beast for me (36/40 FF, 46/64 owned), but I still love the expansion.

Adding new (or expanding old) collections has been part of my feedback to DB the last couple times they asked. IMO, long-established players need more goals to maintain engagement. This is a game with no true finish line. Nobody gets to "win" STT. So might as well give us more things to try to do. Whether one chooses to do them or not is up to each person.

Same here: 35/40, 49/64, and the expansion of this collection or others is no bother to me...I come in expecting to never be able to complete them, so it’s nice to have additional milestones in between where I am and where the “finish line” is.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

That, or there is a plan to add a significant number of Diplomats to the game soon, and the expansion of the collection was meant to come out later to coincide with that.

Which could imply a diplomat themed mega perhaps
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here: 35/40, 49/64, and the expansion of this collection or others is no bother to me...I come in expecting to never be able to complete them, so it’s nice to have additional milestones in between where I am and where the “finish line” is.

28/40 and 43/64 for me. I don't mind that I'll likely never hit that final tier.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be another "leak", with the expansion added in the wrong Patch.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

While that is a possibility, keep in mind how long it took them to get Jury Rigger up to an attainable level. Given that they introduce between 2 and 3 new cards a week, it would take several months to get it up to 60 (unless they all were diplomats, which is unlikely from a practicality perspective).

But, of course, this could all be by design. Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

While that is a possibility, keep in mind how long it took them to get Jury Rigger up to an attainable level. Given that they introduce between 2 and 3 new cards a week, it would take several months to get it up to 60 (unless they all were diplomats, which is unlikely from a practicality perspective).

But, of course, this could all be by design. Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the point. Not everyone needs to be attainable for everyone on day one. Adding something and saying, you'll need several months to complete it seems very reasonable for a game that would like to last years. Think how long it took from the introduction of jury rigger collection until it became in reach for most players.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    While I appreciate the collection expansion I would like to see new ones for at least some of the overlooked traits even more.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Thank you for Expansion and new goals in game. I hope the other collections will follow the path of Expansion
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoping they expand the old ones and add new ones.
    The Vulcan collection maxed at 10! It needs new milestones at 25 and 40.I
    There are a crazy amount of collections they could add.
    "Deeds Worthy of Song"- They could do a Klingon collection and it would be all Arena boosts and, maybe, schematics to build the IKS Negh'Var.
    "Past and Future"- All time jumpers- Laborer Kirk, Daniels, Temporal Agent Seven, 1701 Dax, Trader Odo,...it is Timelines after all. Citations, Trainer Efficiency boost, +1 Replicator Boosts, any thing that changes how quickly crew advance would be good.
    "Dark Reflections"- Mirror Universe. ISS Charon schematics or a special Mirror crew in rewards. A few would worry me in the Mirror Universe - Yar, Lwaxana, and Seven as the dark version of themselves...
    "Roots and Wings"- Parents and offpring. Lwaxana, the Bashirs, Naomi Wildman, etc. Citations, Portals, and even +5 Crew Slots in the rewards here.
    "Strange, New Worlds"- Mother Horta, Yarnek, Species 8472,... The really odd ones. Kevin Uxbridge would make a get reward. A Command powerhouse - he wiped out a species with a single THOUGHT!
    "Our Five Year Mission" Original series crew. Not sure on the rewards here. The Shuttlecraft Galileo, maybe, or avatars of the various ship badges.

W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some light spoilers for PIC:
    The only Picard I expect to have the Diplomat trait is one taken from the finale, when he formally oversees first contact between the Federation and Synths. Got my fingers crossed for a 4* Captive Picard, ideally in a Galaxy hybrid so I can FF him for free without having to slog through an entire Galaxy. On the other end of that, someone formally represented the Synths in talks with the Federation, but I have no idea who. I'd guess Soong or Soji, but with nothing to back that up. I think Director Hugh ought to have the trait, but his official position is nebulous enough I'll understand if he doesn't. Otherwise, I can't really think of any other Diplomats from PIC. Or for that matter, anyone remotely diplomatic.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoping they expand the old ones and add new ones.
    The Vulcan collection maxed at 10! It needs new milestones at 25 and 40.I
    There are a crazy amount of collections they could add.
    "Deeds Worthy of Song"- They could do a Klingon collection and it would be all Arena boosts and, maybe, schematics to build the IKS Negh'Var.

I read that as “Worthy of Soong”, all androids.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Picard I expect to have the Diplomat trait is one taken from the finale, when he formally oversees first contact between the Federation and Synths. Got my fingers crossed for a 4* Captive Picard, ideally in a Galaxy hybrid so I can FF him for free without having to slog through an entire Galaxy. On the other end of that, someone formally represented the Synths in talks with the Federation, but I have no idea who. I'd guess Soong or Soji, but with nothing to back that up. I think Director Hugh ought to have the trait, but his official position is nebulous enough I'll understand if he doesn't. Otherwise, I can't really think of any other Diplomats from PIC. Or for that matter, anyone remotely diplomatic.
    Well, the Emergency Hospitality Hologram is someone I'd call diplomatic, but I guess he wouldn't qualify as a diplomat per se.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Well, the Emergency Hospitality Hologram is someone I'd call diplomatic, but I guess he wouldn't qualify as a diplomat per se.

Agreed.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    i love the idea of more attainable tiers. it's something to shoot for. Not in a hurry to get there, but i love the idea.

Would love to see increases in other collections such as Do No Harm,The Daystrom Award, Spit and Bailing Wire, etc.

Would also love increasing the achievement cap past the 600 immortal limit
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could also see an Admiral Picard added with the diplomat trait. He's in the new Starfleet uniform from when he was leading the work to save the Romulans.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they had created a new collection instead of expanding a collection with many awful and older characters. I don't mind the extension to 40, but 60/64 is too much. The thing I really don't like is that they are incentivizing bad/older cards that have been power crept. A Pilot collection for example that gives a boost to your arena and skirmish battle ships would have been very welcome. I'll probably go to 40 in the diplomat collection and stop there. Even some of the whaliest of whales don't have this collection finished.

The idea is that it's probably easier to do than add new collections, and that they don't want to go back to adding tiers every 3 months so they pick a number that looks good and relevant for the next year or two and move on to the next one.

Collections are not important. They are not required, and should never be. Some people obsess over ticking boxes but in the grand scheme of things it makes no difference during faction events as bad cards remain bad, and it will at most add one dilemma to your voyages. Just let the devs do these little things people like because ultimately it's not a game changer and there are better ways to feed your vanity than ticking boxes in a not so cheap mobile game. :)
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there will be a "Diplomat" themed mega. I am no where near being able to complete this, at least, not until they have some more honour/citation offers
    DB: Do Better