Options

The Voyage Project (Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @Bylo Band
    Your work is most helpful.
    If I am doing this right I am missing out on the average with my 8 hour voyages on 72 honor an 50 Chron. So with getting more 1* and 0* components. I may be ahead on the Chron. but losing out on 72 honor so truly as I thought really not that big of a deal.

But of course over a year could be a considerable amount of honor but still could be recovered in a skirmish. So then the question for myself am I ahead in Chron. If so by how much. This actually may put into question is it better to run a 6 hr voyage. The whole thing comes down the savings in Chron being able to be used in a skirmish to recover the honor loss. Of course, it is user dependent on the savings in Chron. I know items I have had to harvest are base casing, power cell, sensor, starfleet uniform pattern, furs, database, and clothing pattern, and common casing, power cell, Isolinear Chips, emitter crystal, furs, spices, database, clothing pattern, alcohol, and polyalloy.
    I think there is a component that does not drop cannot remember off hand which it is.

Edit: anybody that continually levels (basically doing duplicate 4* and 5* crew) will need 2* database. Interesting I farm 2* database and do not need to farm 3* casing @Paladin 27 😉🙂 Epic: Pirate Problems
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    It might be a slight tangent to the discussion, but is there any added benefit in much longer voyages? I can do 10hrs but don't have the time/ inclination to nurse the last hour, so always recall at 8hrs. I have 30+ revivals so could just let a voyage run for a few days - any point to doing that?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Vid wrote: »
    It might be a slight tangent to the discussion, but is there any added benefit in much longer voyages? I can do 10hrs but don't have the time/ inclination to nurse the last hour, so always recall at 8hrs. I have 30+ revivals so could just let a voyage run for a few days - any point to doing that?

I run 8 hour voyages so recall after that dilemma. I save about 33 supply tokens to run a long voyage to get the voyage only crew.

On those voyages . I avoid the two part crew Thot Gor, Lucien, and Jannar by answering the part one so that there will be no part two. As @Althea Biermont has suggested.

I make sure for the three part crew I answer properly so they will show up. After I get both part three dilemmas I return.

Problems, the return time can be quite long, so for daily achievement make sure it gets back and allows you to send off a voyage and get that 1st dilemma for achievement before achievement expires. It is also wise not to do a long voyage when a faction event or expedition event is going to start.

For Galaxy just make sure not to include the event specific crew. Also, usually you can figure out which crew you need on Galaxy by doing all the recipes you intend to build to see what crew you need.

It is also wise to make sure to have all traits on the voyage to max AM of 2950 to cut down on refreshes.

All that said, if the traits work out for you, send your long voyage when an event has ended and the next event is a skirmish. Though with Galaxy phase two, you probably know which crew you need for recipes so could start while phase two is still going.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so we are gearing up to do another project to do some testing, specifically centered around the idea of shorter voyages for the purposes of using the true chroniton value (ie actual chronitons earned plus the cost of 0* and 1* items people normally spend chronitons to farm) for these voyages, going off of the 18 items listed earlier in this thread. For those of you who have replied expressing interest in helping/participating, you have been seen, and thank you in advance :)

As of right this second we are still working out the kinks in the process (these things take time when trying to coordinate a volunteer project with people on different schedules) and trying to nail down the precise parameters, but once that is done the intention is to open this up for people interested to contribute, so stay tuned :)

On that note, we have run a few "test" 2 hour voyages just to see what it looks like, and so far not a single 1* item has dropped for anyone. I will admit to having never paid attention to the item drops in voyages before so I am not sure if that is normal, so if anybody can provide some clarity there, it would be appreciated.

And on that note, I do have a question for everyone, what would be better to test for this project: 2 hour voyages, 4 hour voyages, 2 and 4 hour voyages?
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1 star items drop from hours 3 to 6, so I would think this makes sense testing for 6 hour voyages.

I can also take some data down as well and submit.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thank you. We will set this up to record for 6 hour voyages.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Spices I believe do not drop on voyages.

Edit: Makes me think of Dune.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    @Bylo Band Sent you a PM with my current voyage which just got to 6hr mark just now ..
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies to everyone trying to post their data, this is my first time using google docs and I did not set up the sharing protocols correctly, but HOPEFULLY I have that corrected, and everyone should be able to access and edit it now....if this is not correct, please let me know (again!).
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I just fixed the editing ability to everyone, but it may require the updated link below.
  • Options
    Just a note to folks, if you are going to submit data, make sure to submit every voyage you have so there is no selection bias.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we just doing 6 hour voyages? I just recalled an 8 hour voyage about 40 minutes ago
  • Options
    Are we just doing 6 hour voyages? I just recalled an 8 hour voyage about 40 minutes ago

I think it’s just meant to measure chrons, items and honor/crew through 6 hours, so you can just note those at that point and continue on if you still want the 8 hour run.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I just woke up and can confirm that people have been able to access and edit the spreadsheet, and I'm also happy to report that we are already up to 6 entries!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will anyone be mad if I try to shift the columns tomorrow to make it the same order that they show up on our screens?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will anyone be mad if I try to shift the columns tomorrow to make it the same order that they show up on our screens?

NOPE! If it is a better way, I'm all for it!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like to continue collecting data for 8 & 10 hrs (as per the original post) ... you could add additional columns to be populated voluntarily by those providing data for 6 hrs (should their voyages make it that far ...)

Like @Prime Lorca [10FH] did, I added in the voyage skills at the end (mainly for myself so that I can identify the voyage easier when I look back a few weeks down the line) ... I did end up making it to 10 hrs.
  • Options
    I track the skill pairs because I like to know where my weaknesses are. Not sure if DIP/SCI would have made 10 hours. It looked close, but it was bedtime. From Part 1, I realized it was best to optimize and recall while I sleep. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    If you'd like to continue collecting data for 8 & 10 hrs (as per the original post) ... you could add additional columns to be populated voluntarily by those providing data for 6 hrs (should their voyages make it that far ...)

Like @Prime Lorca [10FH] did, I added in the voyage skills at the end (mainly for myself so that I can identify the voyage easier when I look back a few weeks down the line) ... I did end up making it to 10 hrs.

That is a really good idea @RaraRacing. Ever since we began this 6 hour project, I've been running 6 hours and then recalling to get more data faster, but that if I'm understanding you correctly you are proposing adding more columns on the back end to track Honor and chronitons for 8 and 10 hours? If so, that seems like a pretty slick idea :)
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »

That is a really good idea @RaraRacing. Ever since we began this 6 hour project, I've been running 6 hours and then recalling to get more data faster, but that if I'm understanding you correctly you are proposing adding more columns on the back end to track Honor and chronitons for 8 and 10 hours? If so, that seems like a pretty slick idea :)

Yes, I mean ... I'm still running 10 hr voyages for those 4*s I'm missing :) (got in the last star for Captive Bashir the previous voyage) ... so if you want the basics for those: Starting AM, 8 hr chrons/honor and 10 hr chrons/honor then I'd be willing to add that info.

I mention voluntarily because maybe not everyone wants to make the effort to add that info in too and feels the 6hr stuff is enough ... but you could select out the voyages to 10 hrs and continue to add only those to your original data (if you plan to do more with that).

I'm just about to send my next voyage off (CMD/ENG) ... will add data in 6.

@Prime Lorca [10FH] ... I couldn't resist letting the voyage continue on overnight ... SEC/MED was the last combo for which I'd not yet made 10 hrs ... so I just had to go for the "personal achievement", made it with 224 AM to spare, no sweat. :)
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Yes, I mean ... I'm still running 10 hr voyages for those 4*s I'm missing :) (got in the last star for Captive Bashir the previous voyage) ... so if you want the basics for those: Starting AM, 8 hr chrons/honor and 10 hr chrons/honor then I'd be willing to add that info.

I mention voluntarily because maybe not everyone wants to make the effort to add that info in too and feels the 6hr stuff is enough ... but you could select out the voyages to 10 hrs and continue to add only those to your original data (if you plan to do more with that).

I'm just about to send my next voyage off (CMD/ENG) ... will add data in 6.

@Prime Lorca [10FH] ... I couldn't resist letting the voyage continue on overnight ... SEC/MED was the last combo for which I'd not yet made 10 hrs ... so I just had to go for the "personal achievement", made it with 224 AM to spare, no sweat. :)

Congrats! My last SEC/MED didn't make it. I've made it before, but I'm far from consistent on that combo. I certainly don't blame you for wanting to give it a go.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added the 8 and 10 Honor and Chron columns on the end, and shaded them in light pink so they'd stand out.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I did not mess up the sheet. I added my data. But seems like I did it wrong.
    My line is grey and I seem to have floating point numbers.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks great from what I can see, thank you :)
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Err .. do we add the converted Honor from crew we get in as well ??
    3 green crew at the 6hr mark in my current voyage, and 2 greens and a blue in my last ...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Err .. do we add the converted Honor from crew we get in as well ??
    3 green crew at the 6hr mark in my current voyage, and 2 greens and a blue in my last ...

Yes, everyone make sure you are adding your crew honor to your honor total
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    488 honor and 256 chronitons at 8 hours
    815 honor and 406 chronitons at 10 hours
    I can't get into the spreadsheet right now. I'll check again later.
    Edit: Still can't get in. Added 10-hour info.
    Final edit: I got in and logged the info after restarting my phone.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @JiveDutch, to do this, after the 6 hour dilemma, take the straight Honor accumulated and add it to the Honor value of all the crew drops you acquired. 4* = 200, 3* = 100, 2* = 50, 1* = 25.

z1z3wgslbqcn.jpg

For example, in the screen shot from the 4 hour mark, this voyage has an Honor total of 200 + 50 + 38 = 288 so far.