Options

The Voyage Project (Part 1)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote=
    Oh and Sven
    Your Honor totals do not make sense, do you happen to have the data from your voyages still, because your Honor totals are mathematically impossible

Unfortunately don't but I took screen shots and transcribed the numbers straight from the screen shots.[/quote]

Did you add in the honor from airlocking crew?

A 6 hour voyage should have a minimum of 240 honor (3 green crew and 3x30 honor just from dilemmas) unless you get really unlucky and get schematics or rations on the 6 hour dilemma.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Paladin 27 for the detailed analysis! Those numbers jive with what I was observing with my own results as I was reporting them, and from the results I was looking over from other captains.

Your conclusions are sound IMO, and now the tricky part is for each of us to take this information and apply it to our own personal game needs/play styles to find our own optimal strategies. That being said, if there is one hard and fast takeaway from all of this it is this: For optimal returns regardless of your intended voyage length, voyages should be recalled directly after resolving dilemmas.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread @Bylo Band and your analysis @Paladin 27 ... I agree 100% with the conclusion that it is ideal to recall right after a dilemma.

I was a bit lazy with my voyages this past weekend (and other aspects of the game, dropped from 500 to around 2000 for the event - other things on my mind). But will continue to add data if needed ... I remember you mentioning a Part2 of the project ...

As you mentioned, the game-play implications of the results on decisions are interesting as well (e.g. adding stars to crew) and it provides a different perspective on who to view crew.

Anyway, will keep it short ... thanks again.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    [quote=
    Oh and Sven
    Your Honor totals do not make sense, do you happen to have the data from your voyages still, because your Honor totals are mathematically impossible

Unfortunately don't but I took screen shots and transcribed the numbers straight from the screen shots.

A 6 hour voyage should have a minimum of 240 honor (3 green crew and 3x30 honor just from dilemmas) unless you get really unlucky and get schematics or rations on the 6 hour dilemma.
    [/quote]

I was only putting the honor at the 6 hour and adding the crew honor at 8. I will add the crew honor at 6 going forward.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    [quote=
    Oh and Sven

Unfortunately don't but I took screen shots and transcribed the numbers straight from the screen shots.

I was only putting the honor at the 6 hour and adding the crew honor at 8. I will add the crew honor at 6 going forward.
    [/quote]

I would suggest tweaking your template to enter 1-4* crew count and separate straight honor drop. It will avoid confusions like this, prevent math errors, and allow a separate analysis of crew drops in addition to the honor analysis you're doing.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally do not see the value in charting 0*, 1*, 2*, or 3* crew and see little value in charting 4* crew, but the beauty of having had this opened to everyone is that anybody was free to make a suggestion and make the changes to the spreadsheet.

An easy way to quickly use the spreadsheet to tally the Honor for you is to input it this way: if you had 160 straight Honor, one 4*, one 3*, and two 2*, you could input" =160+200+100+50+50" and then hit TAB.

Unless somebody is still wanting more data collected for Part 1, I think it is safe to stop inputting data. I will leave the spreadsheet up for those who are still interested in crunching numbers, but for those of you who were only interested in helping us gather data, I want to thank you once again for helping/participating, but I believe we it is safe to terminate operations. That being said, if somebody else wants to keep it going, please let us know :)

OK, as to Part 2, originally my plan was to start that up this week, but then the game decided to run a full skirmish with a Janeway in the ranked rewards, so that is where my focus is presently. I could put something together tonight, but I cannot guarantee I'll be in a position to properly manage the new thread, so look for it either Monday night or Tuesday :)