Home The Bridge
Options

Resilient Romulan Pack Feedback

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Changes have been made compared to the Diplomat Deluge pack: price, content, and presentation.
As per usual please be concise and productive - thank you!

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Has it replaced the 490 dilithium "Cyberneticist" packs we were expecting?

No, there is another one with Leah Brahms etc.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you tried.-Bart Simpson

🖖👍🖖👍🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting idea, but i have no interest in Narek and need to start saving up anyways :#

although...if this was an all-Borg pack with
    you know who Seven
    instead, would you guys buy it?
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it replaced the 490 dilithium "Cyberneticist" packs we were expecting?

No, there is another one with Leah Brahms etc.

Thank you! But was I crazy for expecting two? I thought I knew the ins and outs of the 490 packs, but just seeing one has surprised me.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Brahms pack instead, and was able to win a second star for my Brahms. The 550 pack I am saying no, sorry TP
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The info is clear. But I can't see it as worth anything. There are dozens of crew possible and the odds of getting one I need are worse than Dabo. I don't usually go for the packs if I have 2 of the three purple crew immortalized. There is no way I would spend for a pack where most of them are immortalized or weak.
  • Options
    The drop rates for item #1, the rep rations are wrong. They don't add up to 100%

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping people actually read the description before they pull this week.

It specifically gives 3 things:
    • ONE super rare or higher Romulan
    • 5x Rations or better
    • 30 Honor OR a blue/green/grey copy of another romulan

The description text was perfectly clear to me. Thanks Shan.

Definitely an improvement because of this.

As was pointed out, setting this next to the 490 packs makes the Romulans less tempting. One gives an average of 600-700 honor, plus crew useful in the mega event. The other gives 100 honor, plus a Romulan who is not useful in the mega event.

One other notable difference - the Romulan collection did not expand. If it had, then adding those Romulans could have improved my game. It might be more tempting to newer players than more established players.

I appreciate the move toward a better deal. And I did buy one pack. I got a fourth star on a SR Romulan that I had. In that regard, I'm not bitter about spending the dilithium. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me, or is this disaster being presented in lieu of the usual Tuesday pack? Yes, there is a new 5* crew but the chance of getting him is so much worse than normal I can’t imagine this is going to be a good day for pack sales. Oops.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! But was I crazy for expecting two?

Nah, same here. Would have prefered 2 of them over this Romulan "experiment" + 1. But in a way also fine, will build up my Dil more this week...

• Options
    RFRF ✭✭
    The explanation pretty much made sense, Shan, so thanks for that.

This pack style is not going to get me to spend any dil. Even though I usually am disappointed with portal pulls of all honor this offer even takes away that benefit. Easy pass.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Well wasted 550 dill just of curiosity mostly. If these are going to be the usual offers from now on....well i have some dill left and better save it for something else.
  • Options
    If this guaranteed a behold, instead of the straight drop, I'd bite. But as is, too likely I just get a dupe.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    With so many Romulans, unless you're relatively new the odds of getting something worthwhile are exceedingly low. And if you're new enough to be tempted, there are better uses for your dil.

But at least there's no confusion this time.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting idea, but i have no interest in Narek and need to start saving up anyways :#

although...if this was an all-Borg pack with
    you know who Seven
    instead, would you guys buy it?

Same odds and still way overpriced? Even I wouldn't.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    If this guaranteed a behold, instead of the straight drop, I'd bite. But as is, too likely I just get a dupe.

I agree about if it was a behold. If there was the option for a behold featuring choices from the collection, then two other pulls that dont feature trainers or rations, then I might spend the 550.
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for listening to our feedback. I pulled a Romulan Picard right off the bat, so I'm a little happier with these already than I was last week. I'm glad you fixed the 4*/5* ratio and I like the guaranteed replicator rations. This still isn't quite the right balance for me between dil/reward for the reasons that others have mentioned. That said, I'd probably get a 10 for $10 of these if it were available.

Edit: This would be the right balance for me:
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Wicked Realms is trying new things. Value proposition is lower than the purchase price but this is why you vote with your wallets.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said