Home The Bridge
Options

Resilient Romulan Pack Feedback

124»

Comments

• Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The description text is more clear, the legendary drop rates are better, there are no trainers, and the price is slightly lower. This is one step forward.

Except Romulans in this game are terrible, the new card is a legendary in a watered down pool, it's still only three drops with mostly trash offerings in addition to trash cards, and the price is too damn high. This is two steps back.

Seeing this "<snip>~Shan" type of offer return is a serous erosion of trust in the new ownership.

And yet, people are still buying. 🤦

If Picard and Disco are considered by some to be "dark", this aĉa fripono must be akin to the dark of a black hole.

If I ever start an indie band, we are definitely calling ourselves Watered Down Pool. At minimum, our first album will be called that.

The words "if i ever start a...band" constitutes a binding commitment in my legal head canon. I expect a bandcamp link within the next 6-8 months. :D
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I pulled the pack expecting a discounted 10x and ended up with trash.

If you guys are going to pull this sort of stunt, then make it obvious what we are getting.
    The Picard pack was at least clear that we'd get shafted by both the price and the odds.

This one is worse because...
    - Poor and unclear grammar (what is 'Get a The Romulan'?).
    - Poor interface (an 'i' icon the size of a pebble... I look at that for ODDS not content).
    - It uses misleading and similar art style as the Mega Event Recap packs or the Elusive Treasures packs (a pointless collage).
    - It's advertised using the same space as a weekly or special offer, but wasting all the space that could be used to explain the pack (which is done on Fenris Seven, EV Nahn, all those shuttle boost packs, the above mentioned Recap or ET packs, etc.).

The Picard Diplomacy pack was SPECIFIC and CLEAR on what you get, which is why I purchased that item even with the terrible odds and return (what flaming bag of shiitakes).

This pack is unclear and the worst hogwash you guys have done in a long time.

I think your confusion came from expecting a normal Tuesday offer.
    You might explain that to CS if you want the dil. back and the removal of what you got.

so0l0ugpq9iv.jpeg

I guess the problem is that the graphic does not explain what the info button does explain.

It certainly can fool one if they do not look at info.
    Something needs to be changed on the graphic to make it clear.
    It looks like you get more for less.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I think it's becoming obvious the new PTB intend to make the game cost more. Not a complaint.

We need to be working toward the game costing LESS. It is overpriced in EVERY respect. Even just FTP grind isn't valued enough. WRONG DIRECTION! This IS a complaint.

All this bickering over the wording of ads in the game proves there is a MASSIVE problem.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    you missed the part about how they should favor quality over quantity
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    I am still totally confused with this pack. It really is the worst offer I have seen in this game and I have no idea who it is targeted to. I do hope this isn't the direction TP is heading in because it would mean me leaving the game that I love.

Taking the pack as just a poorly designed try at something different then I have some suggestions.

If this is targeted at new players to help them catch up with long term players then the offer is OK as it is but the price point is far too rich. I would suggest 150-200 Dil price.

If you are trying to attract the long term player then the offerings are way too poor. I would suggest the first part being a behold/begold to at least give a better chance of getting something needed. The other two slots should at least have a chance at things of value. The first could focus on ships/voyages, lets say 2x shuttle tokens, requisition shuttle tokens, 5* ship schematics (that can be added to any ship), premium ship packs. The final part could target honor such as honor (30,60,120,20000,50000), honorable citations and premium packs. The higher rewards could be at a low chance of 2% but at least it provides a chance at something worthwhile.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    you missed the part about how they should favor quality over quantity

I gather you are referring to the story line of the Mega. Sadly, I pay little attention to that aspect of any event (I suspect I am not alone) and if that is important to a lot of players then I can’t really comment.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I'm making a bad assumption, but I believe the quality over quantity is directed at the cards more than the story telling. Skill wise there is less variation.

I believe the thought is that new cards are simply being mass produced to keep people satisfied and drawing packs. Little more than minor number changes and power creep. Rather than build on what exists they just print more cards. And the dropping cards are not relevent through the event for even a small bonus, which I have to agree seem ridiculous.

During the Q mega he referenced, I believe the Q continuum trait was a frequent bonus and the event was dropping characters with that trait so anyone playing was picking up cards relevant to the mega for small bonus as it ran. This event the common trait is one that few, if any, of the characters dropped by the mega have. Plus the packs offered are not all tailored to cybernetic to be useful. They are just random packs that may suit the current event but not the mega itself. Following the logic, you would assume that during a Picard show event the common trait would be cards that are either from Picard, or at least Disco, not Cyber.

And I have to agree. DB seemed to give little consideration to setting up minor event bonuses either leading up to or during a Mega. TP seems to be putting in even less effort. Their goal seems less about building a theme and more about constucting events with holes that cost money to fill or simply can't be filled. If you were planning cyber to be the trait of your next Mega you might spend the 3-4 weeks leading to it dropping Cyber cards into the events or packs. Instead we get events that seem randomly put together at the last minute, and where most players are constantly scrambling to catch up. And by the time the card they are working on is useful, the event is past and they have to scramble for another. Experienced players may have the inventory to handle it, but most don't.

A competent creative team constructing an event, you would think they would coordinate everything around it. Why are they introducing diplomatic and romulan packs when the theme of the month should be Cyber. Nothing fits together, it's a chaotic mess that makes it look like the teams making it have no ability to coordinate.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm making a bad assumption, but I believe the quality over quantity is directed at the cards more than the story telling. Skill wise there is less variation.

Eh, I regard brainstorming and selecting crew as part of the writing process.
    I believe the thought is that new cards are simply being mass produced to keep people satisfied and drawing packs. Little more than minor number changes and power creep. Rather than build on what exists they just print more cards. And the dropping cards are not relevent through the event for even a small bonus, which I have to agree seem ridiculous.

During the Q mega he referenced, I believe the Q continuum trait was a frequent bonus and the event was dropping characters with that trait so anyone playing was picking up cards relevant to the mega for small bonus as it ran. This event the common trait is one that few, if any, of the characters dropped by the mega have. Plus the packs offered are not all tailored to cybernetic to be useful. They are just random packs that may suit the current event but not the mega itself. Following the logic, you would assume that during a Picard show event the common trait would be cards that are either from Picard, or at least Disco, not Cyber.

That Q mega might be the best constructed to date. All nine new crew slots went to Q-related characters. There were some quibbles over rarity (why was Colonel Q a 5*?), but I think it included all of the top requested ones. Plus, there was Episode 10 right before it!
    And I have to agree. DB seemed to give little consideration to setting up minor event bonuses either leading up to or during a Mega. TP seems to be putting in even less effort. Their goal seems less about building a theme and more about constucting events with holes that cost money to fill or simply can't be filled. If you were planning cyber to be the trait of your next Mega you might spend the 3-4 weeks leading to it dropping Cyber cards into the events or packs. Instead we get events that seem randomly put together at the last minute, and where most players are constantly scrambling to catch up. And by the time the card they are working on is useful, the event is past and they have to scramble for another. Experienced players may have the inventory to handle it, but most don't.

A competent creative team constructing an event, you would think they would coordinate everything around it. Why are they introducing diplomatic and romulan packs when the theme of the month should be Cyber. Nothing fits together, it's a chaotic mess that makes it look like the teams making it have no ability to coordinate.

Lest we forget, this was all preceded by the Holonovel/Tee Time Doctor incident. There is definitely a sense that TP is throwing a lot of stuff at the wall right now. Maybe there are too many cooks in the kitchen? If so, the cook who came up with Diplomatic Deluge and Resilient Romulans would do well to go to the prep station and just chop the veggies for someone else.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was a poll or discussion a while back about how often we should get mega events. I did a search and didn't find anything. I'm going to do a poll later. I went back two years (when I joined the game) and didn't find anything. Thanks for the idea, @SSR Barkley !
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Well I am a tiny bit excited to see if our feedback was enough to mold this idea into an interesting and appropriately priced pack for today.
    I have dilithium, will it be worth a purchase...
  • Options
    when i referred to Quality, i referred more to the choice of characters, the quality of the cards themselves, the likelihood they'd ever be used again, who was the mega recurring itself and it's quality, and how everything pieces together, including packs, discount packs, LTO's, etc.

I personally did not like the Q mega because most of the gold cards were garbage. I airlocked Q2 and the other dude ... colonel Q? the two good cards that came out of that mega were God Q and Amanda Rogers.

The gold standard for megas would be the ToS mega from December, and the original Borg mega.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the feedback, again.
    This week will see a regular theme pack.

There will be future collection packs however, please note that while your comments are appreciated, and taken into consideration, it will not necessarily results in changes for future collection packs.

New types of packs will not always suit everyone, and it will take some time to assess if additional iterations are needed.

• Options
    reasonable, thanks Shan for taking the feedback!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of concerned that when someone says something like "TP should make this change, then charge this
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for all the feedback, again.
    This week will see a regular theme pack.

There will be future collection packs however, please note that while your comments are appreciated, and taken into consideration, it will not necessarily results in changes for future collection packs.

New types of packs will not always suit everyone, and it will take some time to assess if additional iterations are needed.

It took me a while to place it, but I realize I've read this joke before, albeit the shortened version:

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

I interpreted it as “Your words say no but your wallets said yes.”

Which is the big problem. As long as people keep getting the "stinky" offers, they will count that as positive feedback. Even with literal pages of negative feedback from players who can see how stinky the deal is.

Not Shan's fault, not Tipping Point's fault. Just how it is going to happen, as long as the Packs sell. Both these Offers were terribly overpriced. Basically, people were paying 650/550 Dilithium for Offers that were worse than the 725 Merit Merit Pull.

But, people were paying...........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?