Home The Bridge
Options

Resilient Romulan Pack Feedback

Comments

• Options
    The price is way too high for a 3 pack, especially a 3 pack with one crew and 2 worthless goodies. The goodies (rations, honor) are way too low to be worthwhile since you got more pulling 10x. The Romulans in the game are very outdated and won't be doing much at your crew. At least, you could get a ship upgrade for these odd ships with pulling 10x and a lot more honor. This is a straight downgrade.
  • Options
    I'm putting in another vote that the description is much clearer, but the value is not nearly good enough to buy. Trainers are worse than schematics for dilithium packs, not enough honor, too much of a chance for a dupe or card I don't want.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is going to be the new way that new cards are introduced, I really owe TP a thank you for helping me save my dilithium. I have absolutely zero interest in chasing anything in this pack style. Narek can absolutely be the one card in this game that I don't own until he's added to the regular portal.

It's also odd to introduce such an exploitative format in the midst of a global economic crisis. This is when other games I play have loosened the purse strings and made packs more deeply discounted. Instead, TP seems dedicated to pushing less content for more money.
    I'm glad Wicked Realms is trying new things. Value proposition is lower than the purchase price but this is why you vote with your wallets.

Both posts make good points. The changes show that TP listened to feedback, even if they didn't get it quite right the first try at re-structuring the pricing. They did move in right direction, even if they did not cross the goal line. Voting with our wallets is the right way to continue feedback. Continued after next quote.
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Reminder of why people like 10 packs:
    2e56b2yjbeeq.jpeg

A way to vote with our wallets is to take the good deals. Even though I have Torres FF at Level 90, I took a Pull on the 490 Pack. I figured 700-800 Honour was an acceptable return on my "investment" of Dilithiums, to support a very reasonably priced Offer in the Portal.

Could have knocked me over with a feather when Leah was in the very first Slot.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Reminder of why people like 10 packs:
    2e56b2yjbeeq.jpeg

Damn it. 😆👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that it is MUCH better than the experimental (and hopefully failed) Diplomatic pack last week. If it had contained the new Narissa from Picard, I would have been tempted, but as it is, absolutely not. Still priced too high. Eliminate Trainers & Replicator Rations, and you are getting closer. I think a 3-pull pack should be all 3* or higher with one slot guaranteed 4* or better, and if honor has to be there, then 100, 200, or 300 honor variants.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Description is better although I didn’t have an issue understanding the last pack. The $10 Seven offer I bought quickly, debating on the other discounted offer as I have both fours frozen but I do not have Brahms. I like the premise of including collection crew in packs. Make it a single begold that only includes crew from all of the collections packs and nothing else. If that was a $10 offer I’d snap that up.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Let me quote @Data1001: "Ugh, me no likey!"
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is ever so slightly better than the diplomat one... but we're talking VERY marginally... it's still god awful
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Brahms pack instead, and was able to win a second star for my Brahms. The 550 pack I am saying no, sorry TP

I went with this pack too because I’m tired of using my outdated Phoenix Cochran in voyages that call for his skill set. I got Brahms, immortalized her, and feel really good about it

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for making the description clearer.

It WAS ambiguous on the last pack - possible for it to be correctly interpreted in different ways. I don't feel its helpful for players to risk alienating others by saying anything otherwise. (Of course the in game message was clearer, but that didn't arrive quickly enough).

As to the offer itself - it's not for me but I'm quite happy to save my dilithium for other purposes.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    1) I like the idea of a pack that gives a chance of obtaining specific crew, with a specific trait for collections in this case (personally, I'd like to see more packs with variants of a specific character or crew with a specific skill set).

2) The description is very clear and the unusal price tag promts people to read it, which is good.

BUT

3) I would never buy them as long as they are like this. I rarely buy Tuesday packs, but when there's a crew that I really want in them, I usually give it a try (and hate myself for it, because in more than three years I never got the crew that I wanted out of one of them). These are worse than Tuesday packs. Unless you have somewhere around 55.000 dilithium (random estimate) to waste on them or you'd be happy with every single crew in them, they're almost guaranteed to be a huge disappointment. As others mentioned, the chances of getting a specific legendary are so small, it only makes sense to buy them to get a specific super-rare and even then, for the bigger collections the chances are really bad. The other two slots are worthless.

• Options
    Eh, no.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was tempted by Romulans but not if I do not get a full pull and too many Romulans. Could we get a second discount cyberneticist pack? There are many of those I would buy like Bounty Hunter Mudd or one of the legendary Data’s.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The challenge here is that Romulan crew in the game tend not to have the best stats, and most have been around quite awhile.

For me, I have every super rare and below Romulan immortalized, so I would be pulling for the 10% chance of landing a legendary. Add in the fact that none of those legendaries have top shelf stats, and I’m just shaking my head.

I recently picked up a Romulan Picard (from the last 10 for $10 offer) and wouldn’t mind adding stars to him...if I thought this pack was anywhere near worth the asking price.

And not only is TP not getting my dil for this, they’ve only put out one discounted theme pack this week instead of the usual two; I’m not really interested in Brahms but I would certainly put down for at least three shots at Bounty Hunter Mudd or even some older, badly power-creeped cyberneticists like LtC La Forge (mine is stuck at 4/5*), Captain La Forge (mine is 2/5*), Detective Data, The Professor (both at 3/5*), or several others. Heck, I wonder how many (other) people are still sitting on a 4/5* Scrooge Data and would jump at a 490-dil pack to FF him.

I can understand thinking of the player base and how many are getting pinched by limited disposable income, but offering bad deals or a reduced selection of good deals seems like a backwards way of addressing the issue.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    PRO - the description was much more clear.

CON - the value of this pack is still abysmal, especially the non-crew rewards.

SUGGESTION - this type of pack should be sold for merits, since it is more comparable to the standard 725 merit rewards pull, as opposed to being sold for dilithium. Maybe 1,000 merits? You are guaranteed a 4* SR crew (or 5* legendary), but are likely to get just the one crew (and the second crew would basically just be more honor for most players).

I would shoot for these horrible odds for merits. That would be a fine trade.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought the pack.

This is still, in my opinion, a waste of dilithium.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, that's still a negative on this one. I'd bite for 1,000 merits, as was suggested above, or something like 100 DIL.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent job explaining it and the drop rates👍👍👍👍

For me, I prefer the normal Tuesday x10 packs, over this.

Trading the possibility of 9 more crew drop chances for some replicator rations, a crew of rare or less rarity or honor, and 100 dil. less in cost, is not worth it.

This is much better than a merit drop. 10% chance of a legendary crew drop, so on the average a legendary crew for every 10 bought.

But I still think some work is needed to make it worth 550 dil. If the legendary drop rate was 20%, I think it would be a comparable deal to the old x10 650 dil. Tuesday pack.
  • Options
    Not gonna buy it. The description is better and at least one guaranteed 4* crew is also better. But in comparison to the other pack that is just to the right of it, this one is still way too expensive. So no thanks.
    I would not consider it no more a rip off like last time, but still a very bad deal.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I don't mind seeing this offer, I don't buy Tuesday packs because of the low drop rates and crew pool dilution (same reason why I've stopped buying regular packs, only recaps and mega 490s tempt me these days) so I'm not going to buy this one either, however, I'd rather see that instead of more pay to win features in events.

I'm not sure why the devs and marketing think I need trainers, there's not enough chronitons in the world to level up all of the crew I have so most of them stay at lvl 0 for months.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    [...] Even at 10% for a legendary, only 3 drops and rations/honor do not justify a 550 dilithium price tag imho. [...]

Only one of the 3 slots has a chance for a legendary though, so the chances for the entire pack shouldn't be higher than in a normal 10x one.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Frank?
    Makes a good point. You have taken the normal expectation and given us something else.

In future when trying new things, always include the original version. Here it would be the new legendary Romulan with two other legendaries and 3 superrares for 650 dil. for x10 and one pull 72 dil.. Of course, that would probably lead to no purchases of the other one, but still it will help to determine the right setup when you hit it.