Home The Bridge

Steam Skirmish Animations in Event

Comments

• Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bylo Band I totally agree. Even in the lower ranks how many who are trying to get to that 1500 level will lose out to someone who uses this 'cheat'?
    From the Tilting Point TOS:

Using, developing or distributing any “bot”, spider, unauthorized script, unauthorized scraper or offline reader, or any other cheat, exploit, mod, bot, hack or the like, or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify or interfere with or provide automated access to or use of the Tilting Point Services (including for purposes of accumulating “digital” or “virtual goods” or “virtual currency” or bypassing features that otherwise require payment)
  • edited May 2020
    Great so i could have had 25% more points in the same timeframe, didnt the ingame message about the upgrade specifically said the timeshortening features would require a forced upgrade? Oh yes it did lol. I was gonna celebrate the last traditional skirmish (without speedup features) by tapping like a maniac but ill wait until the playingfield is leveled again to continue, since im only losing ground...
    PS Again DB/TP dont try to fix/implement stuff in eventtime clearly it always backfires
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭

Using, developing or distributing any “bot”, spider, unauthorized script, unauthorized scraper or offline reader, or any other cheat, exploit, mod, bot, hack or the like, or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify or interfere with or provide automated access to or use of the Tilting Point Services (including for purposes of accumulating “digital” or “virtual goods” or “virtual currency” or bypassing features that otherwise require payment)

But isn't Steam an authorized 3rd party?
    ~ seeking out new life
    Great so i could have had 25% more points in the same timeframe, didnt the ingame message about the upgrade specifically said the timeshortening features would require a forced upgrade? Oh yes it did lol. I was gonna celebrate the last traditional skirmish (without speedup features) by tapping like a maniac but ill wait until the playingfield is leveled again to continue, since im only losing ground...
    PS Again DB/TP dont try to fix/implement stuff in eventtime clearly it always backfires

Do i give up or scream bloody murder after the event how i was taxed the extra time-rather than complain others saved time...so what do i deserve from cs?

Sure no one forced me to participate in an uneven playing field, but that's kinda like telling me to $@#! off about ff my 3/5 janeway. I mean it's not like existing golds are the exception in events, right? *drips sarcasm*
    ~ seeking out new life
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

It gives a player an advantage, by exploiting it.

It gives a player an advantage, by exploiting it.

This is like the shuttle debacle. You gotta send shuttles....skirmish you gotta tap
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Yeah i was hoping to add 2 stars to janeway aswell, too bad not going to happen now
    This is completely unacceptable for TP to do nothing...... It undermines the very real fact that the few & far between events with existing golds are how us non-whales get an opportunity to even the playing field with extra *s
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You can't blame the players, they have no choice but to engage the bug in their normal game play. We've a fleet member who plays via steam, is she supposed to not get her copies of Rios of Soji or any of the other rewards?

EXACTLY!

Plus, majority of players are not even on forum, so if u always play on Steam how should someone know thats not the ususal/meant behavior of 7.5
    for everyone?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭

Whoa there. Let's not compare this Steam situation to the building and using of a macro. It's no where close to the same thing.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
    edited May 2020
    Right so instead of TP blaming players (punitive approach) instead look at how to compensate those others to lift up into more equitable outcome. Like the captain level glitch or 10k shuttle debacle

What about a 25% rank reward adjustment? As in 25% more get each tier.........so top 1500 becomes .....what is adding another 25%? Top 1500 gets gold becomes top 1875 & so on down the line...just an idea
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that gets me is I have farming goals in mind. Other people are able to farm at a faster rate than I. Also, I’m missing out on being able to accomplish more farming by not being able to use this
  • Iknamur_Iknamur_ ✭✭✭
    You don't have to be on the forum to notice that some people score much more points than usual. Even being on the forum doesn't help much if you're trying for a high rank, because you're busy skirmishing, not reading threads. I haven't read about it on the forum, I simply noticed that some players scored much more points than myself in the same amount of time and I consider myself one of the quickest skirmishers, so I just did some digging. The big disappointment is that the in-game message regarding the 7.5.0 update didn't mention Steam, so that was not one of the first things I tried, yet I figured it out pretty quickly.

Also, it's premature to consider it "a bug" since this might be part of the 7.5.0 update, and the real mess up is that this thing occurred during an event, which made it uneven. I feel for Bylo Band if he took days off to play for a high rank and got screwed by this.

Anyway, if someone wants to do the math, I scored 250K vp in the past hour (I usually do 190K tops).
  • [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    typical reaction: deafening silence
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    [S47] ELiL wrote: »
    typical reaction: deafening silence

The TP offices aren't open yet and were closed when this thread was started.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
    Iknamur_ wrote: »
    Would a free copy of Janeway given to everybody make it better?

No. I don’t care about the grey haired Janeway. I’m currently 82nd but rank isn’t my concern. I’m in it to farm as many items as I can

• [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

No. I don’t care about the grey haired Janeway. I’m currently 82nd but rank isn’t my concern. I’m in it to farm as many items as I can

Fingers crossed for something more universal, like a 5* citation.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking a free Janeway, 3,000 chronitons, 3,000 honor, 300,000 credits, 50 merits, some trainers, 25 dilithium, a Fugitive Burnham, and whoever the rare is in threshold. That should cover the difference to the next rank tier and and some chronitons and honor that could have been gained if iOS and Android also had the exploit. If first place is using iOS or Android, then give them a gold citation too. Otherwise, they're getting a first place finish and the extra Janeway will have to do.

Just my opinion. WRG is going to do as they please. I'm just trying to think of something equitable.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, if someone wants to do the math, I scored 250K vp in the past hour (I usually do 190K tops).

Is this playing by steam, because that's a huge difference to what I normally pull in.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    If this amounts to a 25% advantage, I'd accept a 25% boost to my final score. Please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, the event is 20 hours old and I'm on hour 17 of button pushing.

But doing it that way for us non-Steam players would proportionally compensate us for time/resources actually spent playing, yes? I don't want handouts, I just want to win/lose honorably.

Also, if we are looking for a cheeky TP epithet, may I suggest we use the name Tilted Playingfield?

Ha! That works! Considering I am doing the 10 dilithium reward each battle for extra chrons and honor, I know this won’t be popular, but in my case chrons and honor would be preferable. Again, I know this is not others situations and I am probably speaking for a minority

Shan wrote: »
    I've seen this thread and I am letting the team know.

Thank you Shan
    ~ seeking out new life
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I'm thinking a free Janeway, 3,000 chronitons, 3,000 honor, 300,000 credits, 50 merits, some trainers, 25 dilithium, a Fugitive Burnham, and whoever the rare is in threshold. That should cover the difference to the next rank tier and and some chronitons and honor that could have been gained if iOS and Android also had the exploit. If first place is using iOS or Android, then give them a gold citation too. Otherwise, they're getting a first place finish and the extra Janeway will have to do.

Just my opinion. WRG is going to do as they please. I'm just trying to think of something equitable.

That makes sense, bumping everyone up to the next rank tier. I wouldn’t mind if the WaRGs tossed in a 5* citation for everyone, too, as a way to show they understand how they Tilted (the) Playing (field), even if inadvertently. It is only my opinion, but the Steam players have done nothing wrong in this situation, so I don’t think it’s fair to exclude or punish them. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Right so instead of TP blaming players (punitive approach) instead look at how to compensate those others to lift up into more equitable outcome. Like the captain level glitch or 10k shuttle debacle

What about a 25% rank reward adjustment? As in 25% more get each tier.........so top 1500 becomes .....what is adding another 25%? Top 1500 gets gold becomes top 1875 & so on down the line...just an idea

What's the captain level glitch?
    edited May 2020

What's the captain level glitch?

The captain level achievement on new year's allowed claiming the rewards again. Instead of reversing it, it was left for another week to allow everyone to claim theirs again
    ~ seeking out new life