Home The Bridge
Options

Steam Skirmish Animations in Event

Comments

• Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Iknamur_ wrote: »
    Would a free copy of Janeway given to everybody make it better?

Wouldn't make it worse (imo) long as we don't have to wait til after the event to find out. Otherwise it becomes problematic like the 6th mirror picard airlock.

Now that's in answer to 'make it better' NOT makes it all better, lol
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives a player an advantage, by exploiting it.

I don't think you know the real meaning of this word.

It's a feature of the 7.5 version that somehow made it live before the forced upgrade.

Is it a bug? - kind of.
    Is it an exploit? - No.
    Is the playing field uneven between platforms? yes
    Is it unethical to play on a tilted platform that favors you? maybe

I'd find it more annoying to play on steam anyway because i can't mash the screen with my fingers. If you find it easier to play with a mouse, then whatever floats your boat. I really don't care.

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

The captain level achievement on new year's allowed claiming the rewards again. Instead of reversing it, it was left for another week to allow everyone to claim theirs again
    Ah that.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a feature of the 7.5 version that somehow made it live before the forced upgrade.

Is it a bug? - kind of.
    Is it an exploit? - No.

I'd find it more annoying to play on steam anyway because i can't mash the screen with my fingers. If you find it easier to play with a mouse, then whatever floats your boat. I really don't care.

Wrong. It may be a glitch, just like that pack glitch when you would buy the Dil package and get the free 5* crew. If you continually use it, you are EXPLOITING it. Read the definition of exploit.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I did a few rounds on steam and android (same account) but at best i think the difference is maybe 2 or 3 sec for each battle.
    It could depend on crew, ship and maybe connection but at least in my case it's not that big of advantage but i can see that if you go for top 5 it can have an impact on your score.
    Best thing would be to push this update for all but we know how well those usually go during an event.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have sent that message from the future! It's only 7:54!
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Me [AUS] wrote: »
    I did a few rounds on steam and android (same account) but at best i think the difference is maybe 2 or 3 sec for each battle.
    It could depend on crew, ship and maybe connection but at least in my case it's not that big of advantage but i can see that if you go for top 5 it can have an impact on your score.
    Best thing would be to push this update for all but we know how well those usually go during an event.

It's still supposed to happen some time in the event for all. Maybe this time will be inspiration to do it outside of events in the future? :)

It makes a big difference.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    This is letting people on steam complete skirmishes in ~1:35 compared to 1:55-2:00 on IOS and Android and a serious issue for those competing for the top 25 in this event.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having lived this now for a full day (minus 3 hours where I foolishly slept) I can tell you the most demoralizing part are those times where you've just burned through like 150K Intel, charged up to 3rd place with a decent lead on 4th place, go farm another 150-200K Intel, and come back to 5th place.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Having lived this now for a full day (minus 3 hours where I foolishly slept) I can tell you the most demoralizing part are those times where you've just burned through like 150K Intel, charged up to 3rd place with a decent lead on 4th place, go farm another 150-200K Intel, and come back to 5th place.

This happens in a normal skirmish. I tend to farm high cost items as a result.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a bug? - kind of.
    Is it an exploit? - No.

Wrong. It may be a glitch, just like that pack glitch when you would buy the Dil package and get the free 5* crew. If you continually use it, you are EXPLOITING it. Read the definition of exploit.

So you want people to stop playing the event? It's not someone's fault their platform updated early. Many people don't even know it wasn't updated for all. It's not like exploiting a bugged pack. Sure it **tsk tsk** for the rest of us, but let's not blame the players for something out of their control.

Of course not, but TP needs to correct this. Too many are being harmed from this.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also don’t know that this was their intent for the new version once the force upgrade happens.

A speed up setting was talked about, but that sounds different from a separate click ending animations.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

If only I could send you the Intel I couldn’t possibly burn through...I’ve still got 300k after my item shopping spree and can’t imagine using anywhere near all of it over the rest of the weekend.
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

No. I don’t care about the grey haired Janeway. I’m currently 82nd but rank isn’t my concern. I’m in it to farm as many items as I can

Are you skipping the last battle in each skirmish to farm more rewards? I've tried that at the end of the skirmish when my rank rewards were locked in. But never so early. I also tend to get in auto pilot mode and forget to abandon the skirmish anyways.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unnar Too wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

No. I don’t care about the grey haired Janeway. I’m currently 82nd but rank isn’t my concern. I’m in it to farm as many items as I can

Are you skipping the last battle in each skirmish to farm more rewards? I've tried that at the end of the skirmish when my rank rewards were locked in. But never so early. I also tend to get in auto pilot mode and forget to abandon the skirmish anyways.

I did think about it and I may start doing that. Not sure. With the rank though that will give me about what? 2000 or so honor from airlocking crew and pulls. Not alot to gain there so I just may start doing that. Thanks for the idea! I forgot that was a thing

• Options
    I wonder which option they will go with? A Mirror Picard for everyone? Or an HMS Pinafore Data for some? This feels more like a HMS Pinafore Data scenario, but hey, you never can tell.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder which option they will go with? A Mirror Picard for everyone? Or an HMS Pinafore Data for some? This feels more like a HMS Pinafore Data scenario, but hey, you never can tell.

Can we pick what we want? I want a Juliana Tainer.
  • Options
    Does that mean Facebook users had an advantage aswell? Was under the impression it was Steam only
  • Options

No, that's not how this usually works.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Does that mean Facebook users had an advantage aswell? Was under the impression it was Steam only

I don't see any posts about Facebook so i think just Steam.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Now I understand why my rank is sinking like a stone even though I haven’t stopped running skirmishes since this morning. Was too busy running more and wondering what I am doing wrong to check forums!!

This is annoying. I was hoping for another top 25 or even top 15 before skirmish dynamics change with the 7.5 upgrade. Add 2-3 stars to my old Janeway. Guess it already changed for some :(

• Options
    edited May 2020

I'm sorry. I was being facetious. I would not mind any compensation they offer, to be honest.

EDIT: Even if it's Intel.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry. I was being facetious. I would not mind any compensation they offer, to be honest.

I could post some „Mirror Picard“ puns here, but i won t. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    That's a great feature, I hope it becomes official sooner rather than later. However, the way it's been available on some platforms but not others is greatly disappointing. I do not know if I'm going to be able to get a copy of this week's crew with all the people who ran this for hours. That's really frustrating.
  • Options

I could post some „Mirror Picard“ puns here, but i won t. :D

What if I want to see the puns?