Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Faster Future (flashback) - 05/07

Comments

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the stats of Burnham’s mother and if many people want her. It may be a good event if she is a two-skill crewperson. As we did have lots of faction events recently people are probably low on shuttle tokens, I know I am.

only has 2 skills (eng,sci) and 4 traits
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the stats of Burnham’s mother and if many people want her. It may be a good event if she is a two-skill crewperson. As we did have lots of faction events recently people are probably low on shuttle tokens, I know I am.

But is a jury rigger for those that have not finished the collection. Looks good event to make a run depending on how hard people are hitting it with their Janeways and Geordies.
    Let’s fly!
  • FechoFecho ✭✭
    Pretty lame the treshold rewards.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

But is a jury rigger for those that have not finished the collection. Looks good event to make a run depending on how hard people are hitting it with their Janeways and Geordies.

Sure, but there are so many better jury riggers out there that I can't imagine anyone using honor on her who hasn't already completed the collection.
  • What an awful card to put up as ranked reward in a flashback. After last weeks debacle of running different events at same time it would be good to see a mass boycott of this event to send a message that we are discerning customers
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be tough, many have multiple Janeways and Geordis.

Agreed. I am strongly considering using this event to cross off the Top 100 and/or Top 50 achievement, but may not want to if it's going to be super competitive.

Agreed. I am strongly considering using this event to cross off the Top 100 and/or Top 50 achievement, but may not want to if it's going to be super competitive.

Looks like it's a perfect event to try this on. The general consensus of the commentors so far is MEH and if I wasn't looking to try and hit these rank achievements I wouldn't be trying to get her myself.

Looks like it's a perfect event to try this on. The general consensus of the commentors so far is MEH and if I wasn't looking to try and hit these rank achievements I wouldn't be trying to get her myself.

Yes unless by having this discussion it inspires others to go all out as well. Psychology is sneaky that way. Good luck to you.
    Let’s fly!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes unless by having this discussion it inspires others to go all out as well. Psychology is sneaky that way. Good luck to you.

Why thanks! I won't be all that upset if it doesn't work out.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. She looks fairly strong, but with only the two skills, is she worth leveling over my other choices? On the other hand, even with just engineering and science, that would likely be an improvement. I've got to crunch some numbers.
  • Jean-Luc KenobiJean-Luc Kenobi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Yeah I'm not going for her, I don't really go for two stat cards. Will just send shuttles every four hours to help guild hit daily targets.
    I'm not sure. She looks fairly strong, but with only the two skills, is she worth leveling over my other choices? On the other hand, even with just engineering and science, that would likely be an improvement. I've got to crunch some numbers.

No, because she will will you in voyages by not having a third skill. Better to buy some mega recap packs and finish one of those legendaries besides Elnor or wait for someone else.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes...I probably don’t even have to burn time-reducers in the kickstart for this event. The most positive thing I can think of to say is that Momma Burnham might be okay at 1/5* for a new player looking to patch an ENG/SCI hole on their crew. Warship Tuvok did just that for me once upon a time, although he will likely be the next cryovault casualty if I need slots as even his shuttle usage is dwindling these days thanks to a wealth of stronger 3-skill COM/SEC crew.

Looking forward to next week, I wonder what kind of bonus crew will be available...a full Galaxy event seems likeliest but a Faction/Galaxy Hybrid probably isn’t something we could rule out. Depending on who the 4* crew are, would it be more likely for Jury Riggers or variants of M. Burnham to be Gabrielle’s associated bonus crew? Or could it just be character/trait variants of the 4*s?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Including "Jury Rigger". I'ma predict people gonna be interested based on that Çolleçtion........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Yikes...I probably don’t even have to burn time-reducers in the kickstart for this event. The most positive thing I can think of to say is that Momma Burnham might be okay at 1/5* for a new player looking to patch an ENG/SCI hole on their crew. Warship Tuvok did just that for me once upon a time, although he will likely be the next cryovault casualty if I need slots as even his shuttle usage is dwindling these days thanks to a wealth of stronger 3-skill COM/SEC crew.

Looking forward to next week, I wonder what kind of bonus crew will be available...a full Galaxy event seems likeliest but a Faction/Galaxy Hybrid probably isn’t something we could rule out. Depending on who the 4* crew are, would it be more likely for Jury Riggers or variants of M. Burnham to be Gabrielle’s associated bonus crew? Or could it just be character/trait variants of the 4*s?

They would never do something like make the Red Angel, who so many have been clamoring for, the new 4 🌟 would they? If they do, I'ma pretend it is Shelby in the suit........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

That is the most horrible Crew I have ever seen. She is probably below a Tier Ten 1 🌟........

😉😉😉😉😉😉
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

They have been very stingy about new faction/galaxy hybrids recently. I would guess full galaxy is the most likely, followed by faction, then faction/skirmish, then skirmish, and least likely is faction/galaxy hybrid.

I hope I'm wrong since faction/galaxy is my favorite, but DB/TP does not like giving away that 4th copy of a crew in a hybrid event.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

They have been very stingy about new faction/galaxy hybrids recently. I would guess full galaxy is the most likely, followed by faction, then faction/skirmish, then skirmish, and least likely is faction/galaxy hybrid.

I hope I'm wrong since faction/galaxy is my favorite, but DB/TP does not like giving away that 4th copy of a crew in a hybrid event.

In the last 8 months there has been one non-repeat faction/galaxy hybrid. It was Where Nightmares Meet back in Februrary.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

In the last 8 months there has been one non-repeat faction/galaxy hybrid. It was Where Nightmares Meet back in Februrary.

I guess I hadn’t realized how few of those we’ve had. Then again, I just go reasonably hard in the faction half and skip the galaxy half anyway unless I desperately want the 5* crew reward, which isn’t that often.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    What an awful card to put up as ranked reward in a flashback. After last weeks debacle of running different events at same time it would be good to see a mass boycott of this event to send a message that we are discerning customers

IMO, no boycott is called for. Last weekend is still a bit of a blur but it would be hard to argue against Smelly and myself being the most negatively impacted by the mistakes of last weekend, we both started right at the start and skirmished all day and were in 3rd and 4th place respectively, and losing ground to the people ahead of us AND to the people coming up behind us also playing on Steam.

The company realized the error very early Friday morning (thanks in large part to the people who started threads on the forums, so thank you guys), made the decision to adjust the event in IMO the best/most fair way possible, and made those change very quickly. It was a regrettable incident, but once the mistake was made and identified it was handled very well/professionally.

That is saying alot as it is coming from someone it affected greatly. You’re an amazing sport about it. Boycott sounds pretty out there to me too. Just cuz a card doesn’t live up to one persons expectations?

I just realized when I looked at her just now. Mama B is inside the death planet quarantine bubble!!!!! You can see the forcefield sparkling where her right hand is touching it.

COVID-19 Legendary, y'all.
  • Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    What an awful card to put up as ranked reward in a flashback. After last weeks debacle of running different events at same time it would be good to see a mass boycott of this event to send a message that we are discerning customers

IMO, no boycott is called for. Last weekend is still a bit of a blur but it would be hard to argue against Smelly and myself being the most negatively impacted by the mistakes of last weekend, we both started right at the start and skirmished all day and were in 3rd and 4th place respectively, and losing ground to the people ahead of us AND to the people coming up behind us also playing on Steam.

The company realized the error very early Friday morning (thanks in large part to the people who started threads on the forums, so thank you guys), made the decision to adjust the event in IMO the best/most fair way possible, and made those change very quickly. It was a regrettable incident, but once the mistake was made and identified it was handled very well/professionally.

That is saying alot as it is coming from someone it affected greatly. You’re an amazing sport about it. Boycott sounds pretty out there to me too. Just cuz a card doesn’t live up to one persons expectations?

Agree, there have been plenty of crew that don't live up to personal expectations.

Though I will still boycott because I hate flashbacks. I don't buy the argument that it saves developer resources vis-a-vis a rerun since whether DB (now TP) release the new legendary in the flashback week or the weak earlier makes no difference overall. They still have to create a legendary card. I think it is just their stinginess at giving out a legendary in thresholds.

Maybe if they notice a significant enough drop in participation during flashbacks, they will reconsider and bring back the 2-reruns between megas.

Edited to fix typo.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Agree, there have been plenty of crew that don't live up to personal expectations.

Though I will still boycott because I hate flashbacks. I don't buy the argument that it saves developer resources vis-a-vis a rerun since whether DB (now TP) release the new legendary in the flashback week or the weak earlier makes no difference overall. They still have to create a legendary card. I think it is just their stinginess at giving out a legendary in thresholds.

Maybe if they notice a significant enough drop in participation during flashbacks, they will reconsider and bring back the 2-reruns between megas.

Edited to fix typo.

I’m with you on the flashbacks and I’ll throw re-runs in there too. If I wanted that crew I would have got them the first time around. Whenever I see one I get very disappointed

• ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Zora has been 3/4th since the event was first run. So I'll play at least enough to get her 4th star. I'm only gonna use speed boosts for the kickstart. Hopefully I'll clear thresholds but I won't stress over it.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    My Zora has been 3/4th since the event was first run. So I'll play at least enough to get her 4th star. I'm only gonna use speed boosts for the kickstart. Hopefully I'll clear thresholds but I won't stress over it.

Does that mean you don't want me to share V.A. Janeway?!
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I think ill pass, I will do the basic shuttles nothing more. Her stats are mediocre at best, nothing worth fighting for.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

Does that mean you don't want me to share V.A. Janeway?!

Share whomever you want. If you want to make a run for top 1500 I'll put some more effort in.