Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Faster Future (flashback) - 05/07

124»

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made out like a bandit in this past event. I hit top 350 and got a 10x premium pull. I'm not mad at the fix for myself, obviously. But I do think there were a few select cases (Bylo, Smelly, Dax, and a few others) where they were more negatively impacted than others. The fix did not include a forced restart, so a few people could have easily continued to use the exploit. I doubt that it was widespread, but I do think that there were a few cases that may warrant individual review.

I am not to excited about Gabby B. I'll probably aim for top 1k, but I'm not going to dip into my supply of rental shuttles for her. I've got more bonus crew than I can fit onto 4 shuttles, but it's just not worth the trouble. There's plenty of existing Discovery crew with ENG/SCI that the Burn-mom won't add anything to my roster or get cited over other crew with same skills who are more likely to get events.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we usually buy the Premium Boost Pack five times? It is two times in the Portal.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Can't we usually buy the Premium Boost Pack five times? It is two times in the Portal.......

they’re trying to control your mad spending 😛
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Can't we usually buy the Premium Boost Pack five times? It is two times in the Portal.......

they’re trying to control your mad spending 😛

Just was wondering. I thought it was like the Chronitons during Galaxy/Skirmish. They actually did the Chronitons ten times last week. Five packs in each phase.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I’m in the camp not interested with Gabby B. I already have Hugh, Hansen and Heb. I’ll shoot for full threshold and what ever continues naturally over but I’m not going to waste any tokens or too many time boosts on this one.

It will be interesting to see which faction wins perhaps I’ll choose an underdog and see if the tide can be changed.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    The only fun part about this is that I get a chance to use my new 1/5 lizard Janeway. 😬😬😬

Mine was Immortalized about three minutes after I finally got a Coffee ☕ Janeway. She is going out in every 🌊 do far........
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only fun part about this is that I get a chance to use my new 1/5 lizard Janeway. 😬😬😬

Mine was Immortalized about three minutes after I finally got a Coffee ☕ Janeway. She is going out in every 🌊 do far........

I ran the numbers and decided to share my immortal Lizard Janeway with my squad. She’s pretty fantastic.
  • Time travel...smells like...broccoli.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
    Time travel...smells like...broccoli.

The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is... unfair.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yikes...I probably don’t even have to burn time-reducers in the kickstart for this event. The most positive thing I can think of to say is that Momma Burnham might be okay at 1/5* for a new player looking to patch an ENG/SCI hole on their crew. Warship Tuvok did just that for me once upon a time, although he will likely be the next cryovault casualty if I need slots as even his shuttle usage is dwindling these days thanks to a wealth of stronger 3-skill COM/SEC crew.

Looking forward to next week, I wonder what kind of bonus crew will be available...a full Galaxy event seems likeliest but a Faction/Galaxy Hybrid probably isn’t something we could rule out. Depending on who the 4* crew are, would it be more likely for Jury Riggers or variants of M. Burnham to be Gabrielle’s associated bonus crew? Or could it just be character/trait variants of the 4*s?

They have been very stingy about new faction/galaxy hybrids recently. I would guess full galaxy is the most likely, followed by faction, then faction/skirmish, then skirmish, and least likely is faction/galaxy hybrid.

I hope I'm wrong since faction/galaxy is my favorite, but DB/TP does not like giving away that 4th copy of a crew in a hybrid event.

In the last 8 months there has been one non-repeat faction/galaxy hybrid. It was Where Nightmares Meet back in Februrary.

Looks like I was wrong. Happy to see a Faction/Galaxy hybrid again :-D
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my voyage today I got a mutated Paris so now I can add a fourth star to my Evolved Janeway. What a great time to get him.

jbejvg3j0t8i.png

I just pulled a Captain Janeway from a 10-pack and was able to do the same. Great timing indeed!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my voyage today I got a mutated Paris so now I can add a fourth star to my Evolved Janeway. What a great time to get him.

jbejvg3j0t8i.png

I just pulled a Captain Janeway from a 10-pack and was able to do the same. Great timing indeed!

Very cool. I love it when a plan comes together.
    Let’s fly!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I am glad I started a duplicate Evolved Janeway, and decided to start a second Interfaced La Forge from a behold with two very poor choices (Duelist Torres and First Officer Chekov).
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

Always been 2 times only. But 4 times total over the event, since its offered twice and both run 48hs.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Can't we usually buy the Premium Boost Pack five times? It is two times in the Portal.......

Always been 2 times only. But 4 times total over the event, since its offered twice and both run 48hs.

I was only able to buy them 2 times.. Probably for the same reason I was not able to buy the 2 $10 crew offers this time.