Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Faster Future (flashback) - 05/07

Comments

• ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Technically, the entire concept of the game makes every character a time traveler. At least within Timelines. However...

I would assume the trait would apply specifically to cards representing the character in the act of or from the specific episode involving it. Agent Seven, Braxton, the entire DS9 1701 set, Bell Riot, Bounty TOS, all apparently taken from a moment in time during which they were actively not from what they would consider their present.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've hashed this out in the trait audit thread(s), in regards to the Temporal Agent trait. A lot of the dialogue concerned what constitutes an agent.
  • A Temporal Agent trait seems perfect for this discussion, IMHO. It suggests a crewmember's status in an official capacity, performing Federation-sanctioned activities related to time travel. It's inclusive of the various civilian organizations (Chronal Assessment Committee, Department of Temporal Investigations, Federation Temporal Agency), as well as Starfleet's own Temporal Integrity Commission. Maybe best of all, it excludes the multitude of crew who have "unofficially" traveled time...which is to say the main characters of almost every Trek program. The focus should always remain on crew who are acting under orders, simple as that. Kirk's research mission during Assignment: Earth was presumably overseen by Commodore Delgado; Seven was deputized to perform counter-espionage on Voyager by Captain Braxton & Lieutenant Ducane in Relativity; T'Pol & Archer's 21st century investigation in Carpenter Street was facilitated by Agent Daniels; etc. When the crew is authorized to act temporally, then the trait fits.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Temporal Agent trait seems perfect for this discussion, IMHO. It suggests a crewmember's status in an official capacity, performing Federation-sanctioned activities related to time travel. It's inclusive of the various civilian organizations (Chronal Assessment Committee, Department of Temporal Investigations, Federation Temporal Agency), as well as Starfleet's own Temporal Integrity Commission. Maybe best of all, it excludes the multitude of crew who have "unofficially" traveled time...which is to say the main characters of almost every Trek program. The focus should always remain on crew who are acting under orders, simple as that. Kirk's research mission during Assignment: Earth was presumably overseen by Commodore Delgado; Seven was deputized to perform counter-espionage on Voyager by Captain Braxton & Lieutenant Ducane in Relativity; T'Pol & Archer's 21st century investigation in Carpenter Street was facilitated by Agent Daniels; etc. When the crew is authorized to act temporally, then the trait fits.

... and down the rabbit hole you go! 😈
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Temporal Agent trait seems perfect for this discussion, IMHO. It suggests a crewmember's status in an official capacity, performing Federation-sanctioned activities related to time travel. It's inclusive of the various civilian organizations (Chronal Assessment Committee, Department of Temporal Investigations, Federation Temporal Agency), as well as Starfleet's own Temporal Integrity Commission. Maybe best of all, it excludes the multitude of crew who have "unofficially" traveled time...which is to say the main characters of almost every Trek program. The focus should always remain on crew who are acting under orders, simple as that. Kirk's research mission during Assignment: Earth was presumably overseen by Commodore Delgado; Seven was deputized to perform counter-espionage on Voyager by Captain Braxton & Lieutenant Ducane in Relativity; T'Pol & Archer's 21st century investigation in Carpenter Street was facilitated by Agent Daniels; etc. When the crew is authorized to act temporally, then the trait fits.

... and down the rabbit hole you go! 😈

14a8sm23h5e4.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Anyone know when mega recap packs will be up?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know when mega recap packs will be up?

Should be tomorrow 24 hours after the event ends.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Anyone know when mega recap packs will be up?

Should be tomorrow 24 hours after the event ends.

thanks!

Captain Level 99

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Not interested in Burnham’s mother as some have stated. She made Burnham cry even more than she already did.

😆 She's getting as well known for her cry-face as Claire Danes on Homeland. Somebody even made a video compilation of her saddest moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtA1B3BFQ18

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Not interested in Burnham’s mother as some have stated. She made Burnham cry even more than she already did.

😆 She's getting as well known for her cry-face as Claire Danes on Homeland. Somebody even made a video compilation of her saddest moments...

Gotta be a long video

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

That's only my second biggest complaint about Michael Burnham. Mama Burnham though... No complaints come to mind. She was a hard woman from dealing with a hard reality. I don't have much better to do this weekend than get a shiny new 1/5. I hope the stats are good.

Was there any speculation yet about stats? SCI seems to be a lock. Maybe some CMD. And since there's only two things that go with SCI and CMD, the last will be DIP or SEC. But probably DIP.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's only my second biggest complaint about Michael Burnham. Mama Burnham though... No complaints come to mind. She was a hard woman from dealing with a hard reality. I don't have much better to do this weekend than get a shiny new 1/5. I hope the stats are good.

Was there any speculation yet about stats? SCI seems to be a lock. Maybe some CMD. And since there's only two things that go with SCI and CMD, the last will be DIP or SEC. But probably DIP.

ENG is up there. Didn’t she design and build the suit?

• CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting one for me:
    - Need two more stars on Zora
    - Could use the gauntlet help from Mirror Geordi
    - Really liked Gabrielle Burnham

Shame I tend to do terribly at faction events.

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

Burnham said her mother was an astrophysicist

Leland said she was also a ‘brilliant engineer’

my money’s on sci/eng/dip or sci/eng/sec

Captain Level 99

• Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do we like for the Tuesday legendary for $10?

A La Forge or a Janeway?

I’d be ok with Assimilated Janeway, maybe Conditioned La Forge.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

A La Forge or a Janeway?

I've got both. I would probably drop $10 on either.

Burnham said her mother was an astrophysicist

Leland said she was also a ‘brilliant engineer’

my money’s on sci/eng/dip or sci/eng/sec

She was pretty bossy. My money is on CMD tertiary. I forgot she built the suit, so ENG sounds right for secondary. I knew she designed it, but it didn't register that she built it for some reason.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

A La Forge or a Janeway?

Interfaced Geordi, please & tyvm. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember to say what you mean and mean what you say when you have tea with the March Hare and Mad Hatter.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm wondering why today's LTO is Nomad. Shouldn't it be a version of Janeway or La Forge?

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought all Tuesday crew offers were bonus crew in the following event. Didn't remember that sometimes they're not.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm wondering why today's LTO is Nomad. Shouldn't it be a version of Janeway or La Forge?

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought all Tuesday crew offers were bonus crew in the following event. Didn't remember that sometimes they're not.

I was surprised. Took and DYC'd him, though. Didn't have him.

Went back to check if there was maybe a Trait that is Bonus this week, but is not. Just one of those not connected ones. Maybe a Janeway or La Forge Thursday in a LTO........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I didn't have him either, bout and DYC'd him.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wow I actually have all 16 Event Crew/Variations for this event... And they are all FE/100 at least.....

Edit: 4 & 5* crew.
    Gonna be tough, many have multiple Janeways and Geordis.
    Let’s fly!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I am strongly considering using this event to cross off the Top 100 and/or Top 50 achievement, but may not want to if it's going to be super competitive.
    edited May 2020

Agreed. I am strongly considering using this event to cross off the Top 100 and/or Top 50 achievement, but may not want to if it's going to be super competitive.

Depends on the stats of Burnham’s mother and if many people want her. It may be a good event if she is a two-skill crewperson. As we did have lots of faction events recently people are probably low on shuttle tokens, I know I am.
    Let’s fly!
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

Gotta be a long video

2 seasons :)
  • And the Borg as well