Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks IS BACK!

Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in The Bridge
Come watch our live stream show! We (myself, Automaton_2000, StarsAndGarters + Guests) will be on (roughly depending on local concerns) every Wednesday at 20:30 BST (12:30 PST, 14:30 CST, 15:30 EST) all things going well on https://twitch.tv.com/TimelinesTalks
So come join us in the chat if Live but if not then you can catch up on the YouTube channel or via the podcast!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/TimelinesTalks

Podcast Link (or search within your app for Timelines Talks): https://anchor.fm/s/256197a0/podcast/rss

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Timelines_Talks

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fun! Sadly that is smack dab in the middle of my sleep time so I cannot attend.
  • Options
    @Bylo Band Thats a shame! Alas one of the downsides to global timings. There will be a replay. If you want you can submit questions/ideas here and I will try to include them.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be singing?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Will there be singing?

And dancing!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I downloaded Twitch and followed you to watch the pack opening last week and it was probably the most fun I’ve had involving Timelines since the honor sale. I’m in!

Oh, and for the record, convincing ME to keep an app installed on my phone is a very big deal, but you’ve done it!
  • Options
    Awesome.
    Good news tomorrow I should be joined by a couple of Big guests who write a certain Book too!
  • Options
    Fantastic Inaugural stream this week. You can view the replay here for 14 days. But I have a copy which I'll upload to youtube soon.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool to see you dudes. I didn't know Auto was coming back out of retirement.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This stream is cool. It should be in another sub-forum, though. Sorry for being pedantic, but it’s true. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Thanks for discussing the question I submitted. I am glad you got so much enjoyment out of my provocative word use :) You guys definitely nailed the meat and potatoes, though having watched it all I feel I should have asked it slightly differently, because your discussion helped me clarify what it is I meant to ask, so well done!

2. It looks like you already have a question lined up for next week: Does discussion of your weekly stream belong on The Bridge? I vote yes, it does.
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I really enjoyed the discussion and look forward to future ones. Its nice to see Automaton back in the game as well.

If your looking for future questions then what about your three most overlooked legendaries that are worth taking and citing up. It might be interesting to see if you all choose the same ones or if different then the different reasoning involved.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    1. Thanks for discussing the question I submitted. I am glad you got so much enjoyment out of my provocative word use :) You guys definitely nailed the meat and potatoes, though having watched it all I feel I should have asked it slightly differently, because your discussion helped me clarify what it is I meant to ask, so well done!

2. It looks like you already have a question lined up for next week: Does discussion of your weekly stream belong on The Bridge? I vote yes, it does.

Thanks we're always look for more questions and even though it had mostly been answered in the post your question brought a good debate over both the length of voyages and the long term viability of the game.
  • Options
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I really enjoyed the discussion and look forward to future ones. Its nice to see Automaton back in the game as well.

If your looking for future questions then what about your three most overlooked legendaries that are worth taking and citing up. It might be interesting to see if you all choose the same ones or if different then the different reasoning involved.

I shall put that one in the show notes for next week!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you provide a link to your YouTube page where you'll be posting the videos?

Cheers.

ps - wasn't able to catch the live stream (probably never will ... that's around bedtime for the kids in our household) and haven't been able to check out the video yet (we have poor internet access and max bandwidth is currently required for my partner's work).
    But will check it out this evening ... keen to see the discussion.
  • Options
    I'm currently in process of setting up a YT page so when I do I'll post it here.
    Don't know if I mentioned it but we're moving the stream to same time on Wednesdays so we can talk about the upcoming event crew in more detail.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about the singing!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    But what about the singing!

All in good time.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep trying to check it out, but I am constantly getting network errors from Twitch. :'(
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Trying to minimize Shan’s workload. Other sub-Forums fit better. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

So, I'm the first person to notice threads that belong in other sub-forums, but I don't see how this one isn't appropriate for The Bridge. It's about STT, after all, so Strange New Worlds isn't a good fit (and certainly not The Holodeck). It's not particularly about asking for advice, so the Ready Room isn't right. It's not about things that anyone wishes to see added to the game, so it's not something I'd put in Make It So.

Where would you think it'd be better suited?

My assumption is that some form of the Association Fallacy is being applied here to say discussions about this STT video stream do not belong because strictly speaking this sub-forum is supposed to only be about STT, and technically this thread is about a video stream.

My counter is pretty simple, nobody likes a narc. This thread is wonderful, this project is wonderful, it is doing literally zero harm to ANYBODY, let the paid employees do their jobs and mind your own business.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

So, I'm the first person to notice threads that belong in other sub-forums, but I don't see how this one isn't appropriate for The Bridge. It's about STT, after all, so Strange New Worlds isn't a good fit (and certainly not The Holodeck). It's not particularly about asking for advice, so the Ready Room isn't right. It's not about things that anyone wishes to see added to the game, so it's not something I'd put in Make It So.

My assumption is that some form of the Association Fallacy is being applied here to say discussions about this STT video stream do not belong because strictly speaking this sub-forum is supposed to only be about STT, and technically this thread is about a video stream.

My counter is pretty simple, nobody likes a narc. This thread is wonderful, this project is wonderful, it is doing literally zero harm to ANYBODY, let the paid employees do their jobs and mind your own business.

I sit corrected and apologize for offending. 🖖

EDIT: While I know that only I can monitor my tone in these words, I would politely suggest that anyone who posts here also take a step back before submitting. Lesson learned. LLAP
  • Options
    edited May 2020

@Bylo Band ? Frak you for implying that I am a narc. That was entirely uncalled for, and I think you are better than that.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hmm
    First irk no rationale given for having a thread moved that’s bad form. Another post got contentiously moved not so long ago but there was a rationale behind it.
    Second irk assuming to do a mods job or policing for a mod well there is a report function for serious infractions for all else most will be glossed over and left or intervened as appropriate it’s not really our call either way.
    Third irk not happy how this is degenerating.

My view for what it’s worth is that as long as the stream remains commentary and critique on the game I don’t see why it can’t stay on the bridge area.

Edit: forgot the really important part...
    Kudos to the OP I hope to catch your streams or catch-up posts on YouTube in the future.

Stay safe and KBO
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    We've been discussing formats and topics for the stream, we will be keeping up to date with latest event info and news as well as topics of conversation for newer players and tactics for events. It's a broad spectrum of information from all over Timelines so yes, The Bridge. If Shan disagrees so be it but let's let her make the decision shall we.

Anyway next stream Wednesday 20th 20:00 GMT (12:00 PST, 14:00 CST, 15:00 EST) look forward to seeing you there. Any questions for the group post them here or send me a DM!

@Commander Sinclair I shall be uploading to YouTube once I get a channel sorted out so hopefully that will work out for you if Twitch is playing up.
  • Options
    @[10F] Captain Idol, just wanted to say thanks for the Timelines Talks. It was very informative, and I learned a lot!
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of a question that would be compelling enough for you. Failing.
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of a question that would be compelling enough for you. Failing.

Ask us when we're doing a drunk stream.

"Never have I ever...had to revive a voyage twice in a row cause I forgot."

drinks

Now that you're back, are you going to bring back the Honor Suicide Pact? If that was what it was called...?