Home The Bridge

Main Cast as Featured Event Crew

124»

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated through "All We Become 4: Reunification". This will be Picard's fifth regular Featured Crew event. For the purposes of this thread, I have excluded from Picard's stats the four appearances of Mirror Jean-Luc Picard as the recurring Legendary in the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event. If those are considered along with his regular Featured Crew appearances, then he would now be the character with the most overall event appearances (nine). Excluding "Smoke & Mirrors", however, leaves in place a four-way tie between Kirk, Data, Jadzia, and Janeway (eight apiece).

This will also be Troi's seventh Featured Crew appearance. With that, she ties Kira for #2 overall.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated through "All We Become 4: Reunification". This will be Picard's fifth regular Featured Crew event. For the purposes of this thread, I have excluded from Picard's stats the four appearances of Mirror Jean-Luc Picard as the recurring Legendary in the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event. If those are considered along with his regular Featured Crew appearances, then he would now be the character with the most overall event appearances (nine). Excluding "Smoke & Mirrors", however, leaves in place a four-way tie between Kirk, Data, Jadzia, and Janeway (eight apiece).

This will also be Troi's seventh Featured Crew appearance. With that, she ties Kira for #2 overall.

It's interesting that Worf isn't the overall leader. Because he was regular cast all 7 years of TNG and half of DS9, plus the TNG movies, he has the most screen-time of any Star Trek character, I would think.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

It's interesting that Worf isn't the overall leader. Because he was regular cast all 7 years of TNG and half of DS9, plus the TNG movies, he has the most screen-time of any Star Trek character, I would think.

Worf is tied for the most unique events (i.e., not counting replays) with six; four in TNG personae, two in DS9. He was #1 until the end of last year, when Janeway tied him in the finale of the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event. This week, Kirk caught up to them and Troi will catch up to them next week.
    Updated through next week's "Reverie in Prime". This will be Geordi's seventh event, tying him with Troi for second among TNG crew*. It will be The Doctor's third.

*Standard disclaimer that this thread excludes Mirror Jean-Luc Picard from "Smoke & Mirrors" from Picard's stats.
    Updated through next week's "The Butchers of Beta Penthe", which will be Tilly's second event. More importantly, though, it will be Kes's debut, and by extension that will make VOY the fifth series to finally have all of its main cast characters appear in at least one event.

I've cleaned up the notes at the bottom of the OP about the series being completed, making it easier to glean quickly.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated through next week's "The Butchers of Beta Penthe", which will be Tilly's second event. More importantly, though, it will be Kes's debut, and by extension that will make VOY the fifth series to finally have all of its main cast characters appear in at least one event.

I've cleaned up the notes at the bottom of the OP about the series being completed, making it easier to glean quickly.

With the addition of Kes, leaving us with only Archer remaining, you forgot to remove the S from "characters" in the following sentence:

"One main cast characters from the shows have yet to feature in any events. He is:"

Since now it's, well, just one character. (:

With the addition of Kes, leaving us with only Archer remaining, you forgot to remove the S from "characters" in the following sentence:

"One main cast characters from the shows have yet to feature in any events. He is:"

Since now it's, well, just one character. (:

That whole sentence was wonky. Revised it, but still not happy with it. Clearly, the most helpful thing would be for Archer to finally appear in an event so I won't have to still include and revise that part.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    bastardized from another franchise, but I imagine Delenn would say, "Only one earth captain has never had an event in timelines. He is behind me, you are in front of me. Give him an event if you value your soul."

• jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    let's ask Scotty himself what he thinks about not being featured in any events yet..

tumblr_oxzwrs0I0n1vaqoiqo1_500.gif

I suppose Silly Tilly is more iconic than Scotty. After all miracle worker can't compete with omnipotent silliness. ;)
    das411 wrote: »
    let's ask Scotty himself what he thinks about not being featured in any events yet..

tumblr_oxzwrs0I0n1vaqoiqo1_500.gif

I suppose Silly Tilly is more iconic than Scotty. After all miracle worker can't compete with omnipotent silliness. ;)

I'll readily agree that it was ridiculous how long it took for Scotty to make it into an event, but before turning this into a "... vs. Disco" thing, it's worth remembering that there were 69 events before Disco was introduced into the game. That was more than enough opportunities for every main cast character from all the other five series to have appeared in at least one event. Here's one way to look at the situation:

NON-MAIN CAST CHARACTERS WHO APPEARED PRE-DISCOVERY
    1. Apollo
    2. Arex
    3. Barak
    4. Barclay
    5. Bareil x2
    6. Bateson
    7. Chang x2
    8. Chaotica x2
    9. Degra
    10. Dukat
    11. Riley Frasier
    12. Garak x3
    13. Grilka
    14. Harriman
    15. Harris x2
    16. Icheb
    17. Ilia
    18. Alidar Jarok
    19. K'Ehleyr x3
    20. Kang
    21. Khan
    22. Kilana
    23. Klaa
    24. Kolos
    25. Kor
    26. Kurros
    27. Laas
    28. Lal
    29. Lore
    30. Martia
    31. Martok x3
    32. McGivers
    33. Nog
    34. One
    35. Pel
    36. Danara Pel
    37. Pike
    38. Q x3
    39. Ro
    40. Rom
    41. Sarek x3
    42. Sela
    43. Jennifer Sisko
    44. Sloan
    45. Arik Soong
    46. Dr. Soong
    47. Soran
    48. Sybok
    49. T'Mir
    50. The Professor
    51. The Traveler
    52. Miral Torres
    53. Lwaxana Troi
    54. Valeris
    55. Vina
    56. Winn
    57. Zek x2

MAIN CAST CHARACTERS WHO DID NOT APPEAR UNTIL AFTER DISCOVERY
    1. Sato 12/7/17
    2. Scotty 2/2/18
    3. Kes 5/17/18
    4. Archer 5/24/18
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her role as main cast or not is debatable, but I still think Rand deserves one more variant. It doesn't have to be event-based, it could be just pack-only. But it'd be nice to see either her Transporter Operator Rand from TMP and/or Communications Officer Rand from VOY: Flashback.
    Grace Lee Whitney never got the recognition as an actress or for her work from Star Trek as much as she'd hoped.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    Her role as main cast or not is debatable, but I still think Rand deserves one more variant. It doesn't have to be event-based, it could be just pack-only. But it'd be nice to see either her Transporter Operator Rand from TMP and/or Communications Officer Rand from VOY: Flashback.
    Grace Lee Whitney never got the recognition as an actress or for her work from Star Trek as much as she'd hoped.

She first appeared as Comm Officer of the Excelsior in Star Trek VI, my favorite of the movies, and for that alone I will co-sign this request. I'm down with her TMP version making it into the game, too. Between these two versions, she should be able to cover CMD/DIP (Comm Officer)/ENG (Transporter Operator).

And more than not getting as much recognition as she'd hoped, it's terrible that she never got any justice for the sexual assault she survived during her brief run on TOS. Of her cast mates, only Leonard Nimoy vocally supported her when she was fired from the show shortly after that attack. She never publicly identified her assailant, though anyone interested in trying to deduce who it was will find plenty to read about the subject if they go looking for it.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

She first appeared as Comm Officer of the Excelsior in Star Trek VI, my favorite of the movies, and for that alone I will co-sign this request. I'm down with her TMP version making it into the game, too. Between these two versions, she should be able to cover CMD/DIP (Comm Officer)/ENG (Transporter Operator).

And more than not getting as much recognition as she'd hoped, it's terrible that she never got any justice for the sexual assault she survived during her brief run on TOS. Of her cast mates, only Leonard Nimoy vocally supported her when she was fired from the show shortly after that attack. She never publicly identified her assailant, though anyone interested in trying to deduce who it was will find plenty to read about the subject if they go looking for it.

All of this is very true.
    I just remember my first time starting up TOS. I had already seen the TOS movies as I was raised on them and some of the TNG movies too, then I later decided I needed to know what Star Trek was fully about and watched through TNG, then DS9, then VOY. I decided to save TOS for after those three because I knew it was made during a different time and I was afraid with all the bygone technology, that I might not enjoy it as much if I dove into it first, so I padded my Star Trek background with the other series before taking the plunge.

But I remember my first time starting it up and seeing Rand on screen and being mesmerized at her grace (pun intended). I knew TOS had Uhura, but I didn't know Rand and Chapel were also prominent female crew members. It always gets me down when I know what hardships GLW faced and that her portrayal as Rand never did get a good sendoff/closure, she just up and vanished, and then her scenes in later movies were often cut or very short. So I hope DB can do her some justice.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    Now that every main cast character has appeared in at least one event's Featured Crew, I'm abandoning this thread. If anyone else should take an interest in the topic, I hope they find what was tracked and discussed here helpful in some way.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that every main cast character has appeared in at least one event's Featured Crew, I'm abandoning this thread. If anyone else should take an interest in the topic, I hope they find what was tracked and discussed here helpful in some way.

Good victory lap to have though