Home The Bridge
Options

Phlox Behold for 1,500 dilithium

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
Personally, I think this is a pretty good deal. It's better than buying 9 or 10 recaps and hoping for a legendary. It's much better than event packs for 650 and hoping for a legendary or standard 10x premium pulls and hoping for a behold, and worlds better than 15k dilithium for a very old legendary in the faction store.

All in all, I think this is a great deal. Now... If only I can get a 15/3k/3k for $25 so I can do this on both of my accounts...
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, I probably will do it. I think my best on recap packs would be in 1 in 4 if I I have done that well. So, I probably will do it on both my accounts. Just have not as of yet.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree the offer itself is good it’s targetted so less of a gamble as you know what the options are. Just would have made sense to target those LTOs in tandem with this kind of thing or when we had the mini event. Not sure whether it should be a limited purchase having it limitless doesn’t feel right.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Great deal. If I had the dil I’d go for it. Anyone who does gauntlet and doesn’t have Defensive Phlox would benefit, most people have Rev Phlox 4/5 from last campaign and then Naked Phlox isn’t a bad card. 1,500 is a steal in this games terms.
  • Options
    FechoFecho ✭✭
    Not worth it...

Maybe if the deal were with honors instead of dil.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking to get it for the third star for Au Naturel. I’ve got Rev 5/5 and Puffer 1/5.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Reverend Phlox is immortalized, so I am passing. I get that this deal is better, but it’s not good for me. YMMV 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    whaaaa? I skimmed the email and assumed it was free lol. pass.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nice to see them trying something new....but still gonna pass.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    whaaaa? I skimmed the email and assumed it was free lol. pass.

Free would have been great. Very generous. And I, for one, am hurting for some true DB(TP) generosity. ;-D
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    All in all, I think this is a great deal. Now... If only I can get a 15/3k/3k for $25 so I can do this on both of my accounts...

Agreed. I just spent all my Dil yesterday trying to get TO Neelix, or I'd buy it. If we get a 15/3k/3k this weekend, I'll be happy to vote with my wallet.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took Defensive Phlox. Been wanting him.
  • Options
    Unnar Too wrote: »

Agreed. I just spent all my Dil yesterday trying to get TO Neelix, or I'd buy it. If we get a 15/3k/3k this weekend, I'll be happy to vote with my wallet.

Ditto. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to the cost of landing a 5* even from an event pack (thanks to TP, by the way, for today’s old event packs...another star on Q2 doesn’t hurt), this is a reasonable deal. Seeing it offered for dil as well as honor would be the only suggestion I could make. I was quite happy to put a final star on Rev Phlox #2, and look forward to seeing this again for future cast birthdays or other special occasions.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Reverend Phlox is immortalized, so I am passing. I get that this deal is better, but it’s not good for me. YMMV 🖖

If I'm understanding the offer correctly, you'll be able to choose 1 of the 3 Phloxes. So if you want one of the others, you'll be able to get him.
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    Unnar Too wrote: »
    I just spent all my Dil yesterday trying to get TO Neelix, or I'd buy it. If we get a 15/3k/3k this weekend, I'll be happy to vote with my wallet.

Ditto. 🖖

Hope you had better luck than me.

I finished Kurros and added Dereth, but didn't get Neelix or Kes.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

If I'm understanding the offer correctly, you'll be able to choose 1 of the 3 Phloxes. So if you want one of the others, you'll be able to get him.

You are correct - 1500 dil buys you a single behold with Rev Phlox, Puffer Phlox, and Nude Phlox and nothing else.
  • Options

Have Defensive at 1/5*, Reverend at 5/5*, and no desire for nekkid. Thus, pass. 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Reverend Phlox at 4/5. That is likely the best way to go. But Defensive Phlox is one I've really wanted. I don't know how he is on voyages, but the gauntlet calls. I read from many that Phlox Au Natural is really good, but I don't know how good or for what purpose.

Therefore 2 questions:

Is this a true behold, or is it a you-get-one-randomly?

From those that know, what are the strengths and weaknesses (or best purposes) of these cards?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think this is a pretty good deal. It's better than buying 9 or 10 recaps and hoping for a legendary. It's much better than event packs for 650 and hoping for a legendary or standard 10x premium pulls and hoping for a behold, and worlds better than 15k dilithium for a very old legendary in the faction store.

💯% disagree. For the first time, we are being charged for a "celebration" "gift". And people feel like that is a good thing? TP totally jumped the shark here. It is a bad precedent, and needs to be anything but clapped for.......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Not sure which to get. have Rev at 5/5 and 4/5. Don't have the others. 2nd 5/5 rev or start a new one and which one.... Hmmm.... and I have cites so a 2nd 5/5 rev is easy anyway if I want.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this idea ... this is basically one of the thoughts put forward on how to be able to add stars to a specific set of crew (in the vein of decrepit legendaries, but Phlox variants are pretty good) ... a 5* behold with a limited pool ... in this case 3 which is even better because you can 100% go for who you want, if you want.

The only thing ... I wish it was for Honor ... so it really would be open to all. Dilithium's not super difficult to obtain these days, but 1500 is still a lot (50 immortalised crew!), so it is aimed at those who are willing to spend ...
    I have two young kids (6 and 4) and we invite all the kids from their year to their bday parties, even though some might not be their friend. If the parents opt to allow their kids to come is their prerogative ... but all are invited. To me, this feels a tad like us only inviting our kids' 5-10 best friends ...

Still, a great initiative that I hope has some more accessible follow-up in the future.

I would love to be able to partake ... have Reverend 5/5 (from the campaign) a 1/5 Defensive and 0/5 nekked ... but just can't afford 1500 Dil (only have 428 and there's no way I'll get 1500 by the time the deal ends without having to spend money I don't want to spend).
  • Options
    I love the concept. I just wish they had done this with a character I care about :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Have Defensive at 1/5*, Reverend at 5/5*, and no desire for nekkid. Thus, pass. 🖖
    Got it - makes perfect sense now. I also do not care for nekkid, but I don't have defensive and my duplicate reverend is 3/5, so I... might?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Phlox,_Au_Naturel

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Reverend_Phlox

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Defensive_Phlox

I have two Revs and a Puffer Phlish ™. If I can get the Dilithium in time, will add Nekkid Phlox.

It has been pointed out to me that birthday 🎂 Offers have always been priced. So, this one is priced very nicely.......

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    When I saw the pop-up, I did have a moment's excitement, hoping for a lovely celebratory gift...

Still seems like a better-than-average deal, though, and if I had the Dil I'd bite to finish off my Rev. Phlox. I depleted the reserves a bit on mega wrap-up packs.
  • Options
    @DScottHewitt, I see what you're driving at, and it's a valid concern. The present offer includes 2 really good cards and 1 decent card. At the time of those prior free offers/gifts, the cards involved were not exactly elite. Kirk might be called elite (especially when he was given out), but that was also an error-filled scenario (butter-gate, if I recall). Mambo is solid enough. But the others... they're fine, but not exactly game-breakers.

Phlox is elite (Defensive for gauntlet, Reverend for voyages, Au Nat for... I dunno). It makes sense that they might try to monetize an offer like this. Now, if they intend to completely do away with any and all freebies in the future, and if this is the only way such offers will ever be presented to us again, then yes, this could be a red flag. But if this is just another new way to offer a certain class of crew, then let's just see where it takes us (and them).