Home The Bridge
Options

What is the point??? - Shan's edit: behold full of immortalized crew

124»

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the biggest issue is just not being able to get crew I’d like to have. And it only gets harder as more crew are added to the game. I’ve never had Killy, First Officer Burnham, or Gary Seven pop up in a behold. And those are just a few that come to mind. All 3 have been in the portal for quite a while. I’ve gone 3-4 months in a row, multiple times, without a single begold. I’ve never gotten 2 begolds in a single 10 pull, yet I see people get 4 begolds in a single 10 pull here fairly often. And I think it’s frustrating to play events to 350k week after week for a 10 pull, and seeing a frozen super rare drop straight into the first slot and crush all hope for yet another week. I’m VIP 14 roughly twice over, so it’s not like I’ve never spent money on the game. But spending money on the game at this point makes me feel like a sucker, because I rarely get anything for it other than disappointment. If TP is cool with that, then I guess I have to be cool with it too.

I can understand that feeling. It’s why I don’t really rely on the standard premium packs for specific crew I need; mega event discounted packs, mega event recap packs, old event packs on Fridays, and LTOs are my preferred ways to get specific crew.
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    What if you could buy the first star for any crew in the portal with honor? Say 100k, just like the honor hall exclusives?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the biggest issue is just not being able to get crew I’d like to have. And it only gets harder as more crew are added to the game. I’ve never had Killy, First Officer Burnham, or Gary Seven pop up in a behold. And those are just a few that come to mind. All 3 have been in the portal for quite a while. I’ve gone 3-4 months in a row, multiple times, without a single begold. I’ve never gotten 2 begolds in a single 10 pull, yet I see people get 4 begolds in a single 10 pull here fairly often. And I think it’s frustrating to play events to 350k week after week for a 10 pull, and seeing a frozen super rare drop straight into the first slot and crush all hope for yet another week. I’m VIP 14 roughly twice over, so it’s not like I’ve never spent money on the game. But spending money on the game at this point makes me feel like a sucker, because I rarely get anything for it other than disappointment. If TP is cool with that, then I guess I have to be cool with it too.

I can understand that feeling. It’s why I don’t really rely on the standard premium packs for specific crew I need; mega event discounted packs, mega event recap packs, old event packs on Fridays, and LTOs are my preferred ways to get specific crew.

I had a little dil saved up after the last mega and took a chance on a few recap packs. I had better luck with those I usually do with standard premium pulls. Nothing earth shattering, but I wasn’t disappointed either. Until something changes with the standard premium portal though, I can’t even entertain the notion that I would spend money on it. And if that’s the way TP wants to keep it, that’s cool. My money is tight right now like it is for a lot of people, so I don’t really feel like I’m missing much.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProTip:

if you're someone who buys a lot of packs, never take the 5th star on a gold character , unless it's someone you'd love to cryo cause they're so bad (example, Nagus Rom). This was a conscious effort on my part to reduce the likelihood of a FF gold behold.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProTip:

if you're someone who buys a lot of packs, never take the 5th star on a gold character , unless it's someone you'd love to cryo cause they're so bad (example, Nagus Rom). This was a conscious effort on my part to reduce the likelihood of a FF gold behold.

Or if you want a duplicate. I started a second FO Burnham.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even worse is getting garbage like this. And yes that included a Immortalized Behold.

41lhrim04cnw.png

That is the worst pack I have EVER seen, something like that should not even be possible IMO.
  • Options
    b7u024trlk8p.jpg
    This is why merit pulls are better- 3rd star on Geordi. My 2nd star on him came from a merit pull too:
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    b7u024trlk8p.jpg
    This is why merit pulls are better- 3rd star on Geordi. My 2nd star on him came from a merit pull too:

Until the straight drop is a crew you have FF. Merit pulls are even more likely to be FF because you are given one instead of having a choice of 3.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    b7u024trlk8p.jpg

Until the straight drop is a crew you have FF. Merit pulls are even more likely to be FF because you are given one instead of having a choice of 3.

Fair and vaild point. I was tbinking more in terms of the effort to get to the pull...dilithium / event grind / merits from daily activities
  • Options
    Less than 24hrs later....what luck!!ikzyj2d71gvw.jpg