Home The Bridge
Options

What is the point??? - Shan's edit: behold full of immortalized crew

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until u see all immortalized legendary beholds regulary... THAT hurts!
    Please TP finally add a reroll option! I d even pay dilithium for. 🙈

I think I would pay dilithium on the legendary side, but not the SR side. I still have very low odds of an all-immortal legendary behold.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Here is another example of where a legendary reroll would be useful, the 5/5, nope, nope:

0sus73q6t690.jpg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Just chiming in to say that we get that this is frustrating, and we are exploring ways on how to improve things.

Several people have suggested that a FFF BeGold or BeGold could maybe give you the option of a Citation. Not sure what coding complexity would be involved, though.

It's not a coding issue. It's a monetization/game design issue. A lot of players have most of the 4* crew FF. They get a ton of FF beholds. Giving them 4* citations means they never need to buy packs looking for the 4th star on event crew, they just have a citation to use. When a new 4* is introduced player would only need a single copy and could then cite with their extra citations. And the more citations players get the more FF beholds they'll get making matters even worse. And whales would have the same thing happen with 5* beholds and a growing pile of 5* citations. WRG's pack revenue would disappear.
  • Options
    Just be glad you get honour. There was a time when we didn't even get that. 😬
  • Options
    Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I like the re-roll featute. That was going to be my second solution.

My plan would be that you get x1 "free re-roll" per pull. As a new game feature, you could then earn additional re-roll tokens in events (like voyage tokens are currently issued) to keep rerolling until your happy, much in the way you keep your voyage going with tokens.

When your out of re-rolls / re-roll tokens, pick whats there
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wait until you get a FF begold!!
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Hence why you need a re roll option / tokens!!! ;)
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Ugh! 😖 Those are the absolute worst!!

• Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Just be glad you get honour. There was a time when we didn't even get that. 😬

True, but if the game had not evolved since then, a lot of us would not be still playing.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clear thresholds for the 1000 honour and the Voyage token. Everything else, like getting Yates as part of a behold, is gravy.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Just chiming in to say that we get that this is frustrating, and we are exploring ways on how to improve things.

Several people have suggested that a FFF BeGold or BeGold could maybe give you the option of a Citation. Not sure what coding complexity would be involved, though.

It's not a coding issue. It's a monetization/game design issue. A lot of players have most of the 4* crew FF. They get a ton of FF beholds. Giving them 4* citations means they never need to buy packs looking for the 4th star on event crew, they just have a citation to use. When a new 4* is introduced player would only need a single copy and could then cite with their extra citations. And the more citations players get the more FF beholds they'll get making matters even worse. And whales would have the same thing happen with 5* beholds and a growing pile of 5* citations. WRG's pack revenue would disappear.

I'm pretty that just looks like a piece of sky that hit you in the head.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Getting Beholds where you have all super rare crew immortised is faily common now. Its nothing to get upset about. On the other hand I would get It upset if I had an all Legendary immortised behold
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Beholds where you have all super rare crew immortised is faily common now. Its nothing to get upset about. On the other hand I would get It upset if I had an all Legendary immortised behold

You are apsolutely correct but there is something even more upseting like pulls without even one 4* star. That is happening a lot to me. I had 1 begold in several months now. IAnd just a few beholds, of course with all 4*s FFed
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    I've seen a re-shuffle option pitched before. That's a personal favorite. If there was citation or "dump for increased honor option, then I would like to see that be a fourth option, personally. Three choices is already a fairly narrow field. I would hate to reduce it to two. :)

Yeah, definitely as a 4th choice - there's space, the three choices, and below and a "clicky here for..." button
  • Options

Until you get used to it, as you have with the 4* ones.

Acceptance of something isn't the same as something being acceptable.
  • Options

@AviTrek is quite right, if you were able to bin off a FF behold for a citation, then you'd relatively quickly build up a warchest of 4* cites.

At that point, why buy packs chasing a 4*? Get one, cite away. Next time a 10 for 10 comes along, or a good dil offer, go load up on premium pulls and farm some more cites.

Overall purchases go down, and TP have to increase good offers in an attempt to create a less bumpy income stream, so less profit and less money to put into the game.

5*s a bit more complex because begolds are much rarer, and a cite there could be justifiable.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I get a behold, I have a 40% chance of it being all-frozen.
    It's just a point you get to in the game!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »

@AviTrek is quite right, if you were able to bin off a FF behold for a citation, then you'd relatively quickly build up a warchest of 4* cites.

At that point, why buy packs chasing a 4*? Get one, cite away. Next time a 10 for 10 comes along, or a good dil offer, go load up on premium pulls and farm some more cites.

Overall purchases go down, and TP have to increase good offers in an attempt to create a less bumpy income stream, so less profit and less money to put into the game.

5*s a bit more complex because begolds are much rarer, and a cite there could be justifiable.

I could be wrong. It has happened already in the past week. But, I really think people are over-estimating how often everyone gets a FF Behold/BeGold. It might not be so many that it floods the universe with Citations.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If I had gotten one 4* citation for every time I had an all-immortalized behold in just the first 3 months of this year alone, I would have 106 citations.¹

Not that I'd complain about that, although there's no way I'd need even 1/10th as many as that, either.

¹ I do a screenshot every time this happens, so I have absolute verification of this number

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one bitter monkey

I sincerely hope this becomes part of the forum lexicon.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that such beholds happen (I get them frequently), and it is part of the game.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one bitter monkey

I sincerely hope this becomes part of the forum lexicon.

I also thought that was an interesting turn of phrase. Wondered if it was a common thing that I hadn't heard, so I turned to my old friend the Google machine, to help educate me. Apparently it's a Septani original, but there were a few things I found online with that name — including a couple of websites, a production company, and an aperitif.

4wy5m9exn85u.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    What you receive for the time and resources needed to simply isn't worth it. I have much better things to do with my life then spending an entire weekend plus punching a tablet with the smallest chance I may get something at the expense of actual quality time with my family. No one will ever hear from a loved one I’m glad you spent time doing that instead of being with me.

Life is short, my dad has begun to show symptoms of dementia and my life and my wife’s is about to be upended. That is sometimes what we get thrown our way, we will deal with it the best we can, but when I think of all the time I wasted with mindless crap instead of showing my appreciation for what he gave me it makes me sick. Learn from my mistakes, cherish those things you can’t hold in your hand. LLAP all.

When I started this game Years ago it took my thoughts away from daily pain, only to be replaced with pitiful pull pains, Gauntlet glitch pains, PIA UC chat...ok that was funny😂
    Meeting some actual friends along the way, Trista might be one, well maybe, well ok.😊
    Shan has been extremely.....streches extremely patient with me, and yet here I am still.
    I get it you have real life issues and that's something you have to deal with, so this isn't a fit for you right now. Find something that does work for you to help cope with the situation's your dealing with that will allow to to escape for awhile and defuse so to speak.
    Hope is always present.
  • Options
    After ploughing time and resources in to the event to reach the premium behold, this is what I'm rewarded with....not impressed.

I only have 382 cards ff out of the 850 odd currently on offer. So less than half, and most of those are 5 and 4 star cards.

I've said it before but these premium behold options REALLY need a revamp of some sort. Its not a fair system at all and makes me want to not bother much going forward. Especially as its happening more and more often.

I feel your pain I have 482/882 immortilized and I don't remember the last time I got a useful purple. There should be a reroll button lol a FREE one, ppl have said have one for dilithium like no way man it should be a free re-roll.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »

I could be wrong. It has happened already in the past week. But, I really think people are over-estimating how often everyone gets a FF Behold/BeGold. It might not be so many that it floods the universe with Citations.......

I have 298 FF 4*. There are currently 329 4* in the game. Ignoring the question of who is/isn't in the portal, if I get a behold there is a 74% chance it's FF. There are plenty of people with even more FF 4* than me.

You average .5 beholds per 10x pack. So I would average .38 citations per 10x. Between threshold 10x, community 10x, and campaign 10x, I would be getting 2.6 citations from portals. Probably closer to free when you factor in 1x pulls.

Add in a campaign citation and I'm at 3.6-4 citations per month. That's while spending $0.

That's enough citations to cite every new event 4* added to the game that doesn't have a community reward. I would never buy an event pack again.

And then the more 4* I have FF, the odds of that FF behold increase even more.

And that's me without buying any extra portals. People with more FF 4* or who are buying premium campaigns or 10x10 offers would get even more citations
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Here is another example of where a legendary reroll would be useful, the 5/5, nope, nope:

0sus73q6t690.jpg

I would rather not sway WRG's goodwill of potentially fixing FF beholds by trying to convince them that we need rerolls of beholds where you just don't like the options. Let's stick to FF beholds only, and having a reroll option for that.

Let's flip this example to one I have actually got recently. You get a Begold with 2 FFs and one "Not Owned" or the third is one you have and need cites. You choice then becomes take the one left that's not FF, or start a duplicate? To me that defeats the purpose of getting a choice, when there is basically no choice. I say get an option for reroll regardless of what comes up (even if all not owned), and even if it costs a few dils.

cg9xl4b8ayrd.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...