“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a tough time choosing between Sulu & Gertrude, D’Nesh (my favorite of the three from that episode), and Vina, and ended up putting them in that exact order after a little internal deliberation. Hopefully the winner doesn’t end up featured in a demerit pack!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely went with the Orion trifecta. All three of them in the game would just be too cool but I wouldn’t mind if she lost out on being the featured Tuesday packer and got an event as a consolation prize. Vina next. Vina is very cool
  • Options
    Definitely D'Nesh. I have both the others FF, so It'd be nice to complete the set.
  • Options
    ‘Outpost Vina’ will probably be the version when she first meets Pike

u17ooth7qqbp.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Precedence is that the Players' Choice pack is a Tuesday pack. Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a link? I confirmed the in-game message, thinking I could just link from here but it's not in the Archer and Porthos announcement in Starfleet Communications and all I see about it in The Bridge is this thread.
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Precedence is that the Players' Choice pack is a Tuesday pack. Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a link? I confirmed the in-game message, thinking I could just link from here but it's not in the Archer and Porthos announcement in Starfleet Communications and all I see about it in The Bridge is this thread.

You can use the MotD banner too, if you relaunch the game.

Edit: The link is tied to your account, so wouldn't help to share it. Sorry.
  • Options
    Unnar Too wrote: »

You can use the MotD banner too, if you relaunch the game.

Edit: The link is tied to your account, so wouldn't help to share it. Sorry.

Thanks, @Unnar Too!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a weird set of choices, I suppose Janeway or Sulu here really...although completing the Orion Ladies could be a neat bridge crew.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to favor The Cage characters. I picked Janeway next because of the Most Wanted thread and I also liked that episode. Really though, I would like to see all four added to the game at some point.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Apart from my personal preferences when it comes to the new crew (and my willingness to try and pull them from a Tuesday pack, which would only apply to Janeway and Sulu+Gertrude) I'm trying to figure out who else might be included with them. Botanist/Gardener and Survivalist seem to have a few good options. There isn't a scientist trait, but Leonardo da Vinci seems like a plausible choice for that kind of theme. And possibly Stamets?
    I guess a Femme Fatale pack would be one of female characters with the romantic trait and some sort of femme fatale plotline, but I can't think of any particularly interesting option among existing crew (not among the 5* at least).
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    No season one, command track, Lt. J.G Worf?!
  • Options
    I ranked Femme Fatales #1. I don't really have any interest in D'Nesh but the rest of the pack might appeal to me. That may or may not have been influenced by me presently gorging on the Criterion Channel's Columbia Noir collection. I'm unlikely to chance it regardless of the winning theme, though. My dilithium priority will be the mega-event recap packs. I also have a strict policy of not chancing packs if I can't use at least two of the three 4*'s, and I don't think there are any that I need that would fit any of these four categories.

Tilting Point has demonstrated a willingness to tweak pack arrangements, though, and there may be some alternate configuration that might get me to chance at least one pack. We'll see.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the first time I left a STT poll without voting. There was no "I want none of those" option.

I thought the same, all options were bad
  • Options
    [10F] Unnar[10F] Unnar ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    This was the first time I left a STT poll without voting. There was no "I want none of those" option.

I thought the same, all options were bad

I just tried to guess which skill sets each option would have and voted accordingly. The skills matter more to me than the art.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I took the survey but I'm still gonna ask for another idea: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE BRUNT: The Nicest Guy In The Galaxy!
    d48diphhirue.jpg

I just watched this episode last night and thought the same thing!
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I took the survey but I'm still gonna ask for another idea: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE BRUNT: The Nicest Guy In The Galaxy!
    d48diphhirue.jpg

Hmm...idea time: an event where alternate versions of Brunt square off against one another and Quark is caught in the middle. Mirror Brunt has learned how nasty Prime Brunt has been and wants to make up for it...something Prime Brunt just can’t allow to happen.

5* - Brunt, FCA (COM, SCI, SEC)
    4* - Mirror Brunt (DIP, SEC)
    Existing 4* - Wedding Day Quark
  • Options
    YES PLEASE! It took me over a year to like Brunt when I was working my way through Deep Space Nine. I LOVED the Ferengi but kinda pushed Brunt aside. I didn't even want him on my Timelines crew! But after seeing the episode "The Emperor's New Cloak" I got to see a different ....alternate side of Brunt and when I went back to watch the series again, his character began to grow on me. Brunt is now one of my top 3 favorite characters in the whole Star Trek franchise. And of course, the great Jeffery Combs plays the part, which I discovered when Weyoun entered the series and I did a search on the Vorta to learn more about the character. It blew my mind! Anyway, if there can be an Alternate Brunt in the TimeLines universe, it would indeed be an awesome thing. Please and Thank You! :)<3:)
  • Options
    When I opened the poll and saw ”Homestead” Janeway as an option, my thought was a bit like ”Not another Janeway …”
    Well, Janeway IS cool, but we already have a ”few” of her as golden ones.

IF from that episode, than the Delta Quadrant Ambassador to Earth, Neelix.

We all had our mixed feelings about him - or as the dialogue between Neelix and Tuvok stated: ”I thought, you only tolerated me?” ”Despite you having some annoying traits, you were indeed a valuable asset to the crew.” (or something similar).

Ambassador neelix (top high DIP, MED, ENG (more psychological seen as ”motivator” and deploying a shield grid before...

uu12cq9uipk4.jpeg
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    When I opened the poll and saw ”Homestead” Janeway as an option, my thought was a bit like ”Not another Janeway …”
    Well, Janeway IS cool, but we already have a ”few” of her as golden ones.

IF from that episode, than the Delta Quadrant Ambassador to Earth, Neelix.

We all had our mixed feelings about him - or as the dialogue between Neelix and Tuvok stated: ”I thought, you only tolerated me?” ”Despite you having some annoying traits, you were indeed a valuable asset to the crew.” (or something similar).

Ambassador neelix (top high DIP, MED, ENG (more psychological seen as ”motivator” and deploying a shield grid before...

uu12cq9uipk4.jpeg

Yes it was confusing as the “Homestead” episode of Voyager was that Neelix storyline. I believe Tilting Point is referring to the Voyager two-parter “Resolutions” in which Janeway and Chakotay get a virus from an insect on a planet and have to remain on that planet they believe forever and she has to homestead with Chakotay. Voyager gets a cure from the Vidiians though after a time and come back for Janeway and Chakotay. Many choices for this Janeway as she had many outfits while on the planet.

7din6xgy06ev.jpeg

g9hn56zjal13.jpeg

vpv0khxzjxyg.jpeg

77fv8ytyixbc.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, are you guys absolutely certain there were other options besides Janeway?! I don't remember seeing any ;)
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Wait, are you guys absolutely certain there were other options besides Janeway?! I don't remember seeing any ;)

Haha, that is how I feel when beholds drop. Just seas of Janeways. She has dropped far more for me than anyone else, far more. I get that there are many Janeways in game but the only Janeway that does not drop is the one I most need, Captain Coffee Janeway.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Haha, that is how I feel when beholds drop. Just seas of Janeways. She has dropped far more for me than anyone else, far more. I get that there are many Janeways in game but the only Janeway that does not drop is the one I most need, Captain Coffee Janeway.

I wish I could say the same :sweat_smile: I'm still waiting for Arachnia to drop out of anywhere and I think I might have spent half of all the dilithium I spent in this game on "They came from the holodeck" packs :(

For what it is worth, Arachnia is definitely in the regular premium portal. All of my legendary Janeway drops except Vice Admiral Janeway have been from the regular premium portal not some fancy packs. They are definitely there. Keep getting those 10x pulls in events and hopefully she will drop for you. Best of luck.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I wish I could say the same :sweat_smile: I'm still waiting for Arachnia to drop out of anywhere and I think I might have spent half of all the dilithium I spent in this game on "They came from the holodeck" packs :(

For what it is worth, Arachnia is definitely in the regular premium portal. All of my legendary Janeway drops except Vice Admiral Janeway have been from the regular premium portal not some fancy packs. They are definitely there. Keep getting those 10x pulls in events and hopefully she will drop for you. Best of luck.

I've opened plenty of 10x packs when the 10x10 offers still had decent value for me, but I've never seen her in a begold. She might actually be one of only a few legendaries from 2016 that I've never seen in a behold.
    I also particularly hate this because during the last run of her event (the one where basically everyone was able to get her because of the bug) I was on vacation with no wifi. I think those have been the only 10 days since December 2016 where I've ever skipped playing timelines :neutral:
  • Options
    I like the idea of an Earth Ambassador Neelix. I know he could get on the nerves of many viewers but Neelix is a favorite of mine. A usually very happy and open minded character who never turned down a challenge and was always willing to embrace the unknown and the unexpected.
  • Options
    I tend to favor The Cage characters. I picked Janeway next because of the Most Wanted thread and I also liked that episode. Really though, I would like to see all four added to the game at some point.

Lorca, I appreciate your support as I was the one who first put her in the most wanted forum a couple weeks ago. I still hold to my conviction that homestead Janeway ( if it is the Janeway from the resolutions episode) needs to have the monkey as part of the art if she wins. I will be very sad if there is no monkey. I repeat myself, the monkey is important don’t forget the monkey.