Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: One Incredible Tale (rerun) - 06/04

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: One Incredible Tale (rerun)
Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
Event Crew: Kay Eaton 5* (New), Satin Dress Lily Sloane 5* (Existing), Herbert Rossoff 4* (Existing), and Combat Medic Paris 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/04 until Monday 06/08 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Linnis Paris (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 06/11.

Event Factions:
Hirogen, Ferengi Traditionalists, Cardassian

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Kira, Sloane, Quark, and T. Paris.

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like this one :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Is Satin Dress Lily to be in thresholds?

Should be, since it is a re-run.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    am i reading right that we have back to back tom paris events? is that a first for a non-mega? - and of course thanks for the info Shan!
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who has the T. Paris trait?
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Paris is 3 weeks in a row Event Crew?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Uluru wrote: »

Just 2 for Tom Paris, but he has some Romantic variants, so some will be in their third in a row.

Edit: Unless you are counting Linnis. It wouldn't be the same Paris, but it would make three weeks in a row for a Paris to be event crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just 2 for Tom Paris, but he has some Romantic variants, so some will be in their third in a row.

Edit: Unless you are counting Linnis. It wouldn't be the same Paris, but it would make three weeks in a row for a Paris to be event crew.

and if there's a voyager mega next, wouldn't it be 6 in a row for him to be bonus? CM Paris was such an MVP back in his day, this month will feel just like old times! :p
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, this may be a fun little event. I’ll have some time on my hands next weekend, I’ll go for Linnis at least.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

4 weeks if your name is Captain Proton Paris (Pilot trait - then Romantic). :)

EDIT: This does kinda mean I really wouldn't mind the new Kira ... not too many SCI options for the first half. DIP a plenty.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

EDIT: This does kinda mean I really wouldn't mind the new Kira ... not too many SCI options for the first half. DIP a plenty.

Now that you mention it, my DF Paris has also been busy. If Voyager crew are bonus, as I suspect, then DF Paris will be 4 citations very, very well spent.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Now that you mention it, my DF Paris has also been busy. If Voyager crew are bonus, as I suspect, then DF Paris will be 4 citations very, very well spent.

4 citations on a crew that is in regular portal and with below average stats?
    Not sure u can spend citations much worse. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Awesome. My Lily is at 3/5 and is the last card I need to complete the Big Goodbye collection.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. My Lily is at 3/5 and is the last card I need to complete the Big Goodbye collection.

Same here :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

He's still got the uber-unique skill set that buoys his statistical malaise. DF Paris may not have the raw voyage power, but he does tag along on many voyages due to his skill set.

Precisely. He's on CMD/ENG, CMD/MED, and ENG/MED voyages with that 25 bonus anti-matter. Those pop up with some frequency. Not to mention the recent weekend work. No regrets. I've gotten less use from "better" legendaries. If DF Paris pops up in a behold, I just pick one of the other choices. If anyone is on the fence about citing him, see how these factors stack up to your other options. It may be a good choice for you as well. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

He's still got the uber-unique skill set that buoys his statistical malaise. DF Paris may not have the raw voyage power, but he does tag along on many voyages due to his skill set.

Precisely. He's on CMD/ENG, CMD/MED, and ENG/MED voyages with that 25 bonus anti-matter. Those pop up with some frequency. Not to mention the recent weekend work. No regrets. I've gotten less use from "better" legendaries. If DF Paris pops up in a behold, I just pick one of the other choices. If anyone is on the fence about citing him, see how these factors stack up to your other options. It may be a good choice for you as well. :)

This. Raw voyage power is far less important than value over replacement crew and finding just the right person to fill a skill gap.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Raw voyage power is far less important than value over replacement crew and finding just the right person to fill a skill gap.

That’s why Doug Meintkowitz and Orlando Cabrrera for Nomar Garciaparra was a good deal for the Red Sox

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

Never ever used em on a single voyage. Well, maybe i was just lucky? 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Delta Flyer Paris is a good jack of all trades but master of none. He is good for mid level players with many holes to fill that need the versatility DF Paris can provide but as he is an older card with only okay stats I would not advise spending four citations on him. I would only spend four citations on a crew member whose stats are great and can be of lots of use. I would advise waiting till the mega and putting citations towards an event legendary in the mega. There is a good chance we could see a new Mobile Doc Variant who is Med-Eng-Sci as in the episode he creates a biotemporal chamber to cure Kes. Also, you cannot guess bonus crew before a mega event announcement with any accuracy. Krenim Paris was not bonus in the Year of Hell Mega that was based on the episode he was from but Rura Penthe Commandant from Star Trek VI was.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Delta Flyer Paris is a good jack of all trades but master of none. He is good for mid level players with many holes to fill that need the versatility DF Paris can provide but as he is an older card with only okay stats I would not advise spending four citations on him. I would only spend four citations on a crew member whose stats are great and can be of lots of use. I would advise waiting till the mega and putting citations towards an event legendary in the mega. There is a good chance we could see a new Mobile Doc Variant who is Med-Eng-Sci as in the episode he creates a biotemporal chamber to cure Kes. Also, you cannot guess bonus crew before a mega event announcement with any accuracy. Krenim Paris was not bonus in the Year of Hell Mega that was based on the episode he was from but Rura Penthe Commandant from Star Trek VI was.

I cited before the Pilot mega event, so I pretty much did as you said and it has paid dividends. ENG/SCI/MED is saturated now. Caretaker, White Rabbit, Imprinted Archer, Amanda Rogers, Mirror Stamets, Leonardo Da Vinci, Loken... am I missing anyone? I needed someone to put in a CMD seat and I generally only cite main cast. I know Mountain Climber Mayweather is main cast, but I didn't get him. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Except I didn't fail a single shuttle that DF Paris flew last weekend, so maybe I'm not.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I cited before the Pilot mega event, so I pretty much did as you said and it has paid dividends. ENG/SCI/MED is saturated now. Caretaker, White Rabbit, Imprinted Archer, Amanda Rogers, Mirror Stamets, Leonardo Da Vinci, Loken... am I missing anyone? I needed someone to put in a CMD seat and I generally only cite main cast. I know Mountain Climber Mayweather is main cast, but I didn't get him. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Except I didn't fail a single shuttle that DF Paris flew last weekend, so maybe I'm not.

I like DF Paris. I have him 5/5 having used two citations on him and he makes it on a fair number of voyages for me especially voyages that are eng-med or com-eng. He is a good crew person for most players. But I would not recommend using four citations on him. One citation to get him to 5/5, absolutely. Two citations to get him to 5/5, probably. But with four citations a player can make any crew person 5/5. DF Paris is an older card with good skill set and traits but his voyage score is just 3155. Determined Paris in the current event has a voyage score of 3515, 360 points higher. I would recommend waiting for more information on the mega or using the four citations to max two good 3/5 someone might have so they could have two 5/5 instead of one.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I like DF Paris. I have him 5/5 having used two citations on him and he makes it on a fair number of voyages for me especially voyages that are eng-med or com-eng. He is a good crew person for most players. But I would not recommend using four citations on him. One citation to get him to 5/5, absolutely. Two citations to get him to 5/5, probably. But with four citations a player can make any crew person 5/5. DF Paris is an older card with good skill set and traits but his voyage score is just 3155. Determined Paris in the current event has a voyage score of 3515, 360 points higher. I would recommend waiting for more information on the mega or using the four citations to max two good 3/5 someone might have so they could have two 5/5 instead of one.

Definitely wait. I am never opposed to waiting, especially with a mega event on the horizon with unannounced bonus crew and a campaign that is near the half way point. Maybe DF Paris has some more good days ahead and maybe they are behind him, but I think that he will remain useful.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    skill speculation for Linnis?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Definitely wait. I am never opposed to waiting, especially with a mega event on the horizon with unannounced bonus crew and a campaign that is near the half way point. Maybe DF Paris has some more good days ahead and maybe they are behind him, but I think that he will remain useful.

Yep he will always be useful as Paris comes up in a ton of events and he has great skill combo and traits. Citing him up is not a bad choice I just think that four citations is too many to spend on almost anyone. I did spend four citations on a crew member only once with Medic Reno that was great and I had gotten her from a Tuesday pack so no way to get more of her. DF Paris can be gotten from the portal, from packs, and if his event is rerun.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Yep he will always be useful as Paris comes up in a ton of events and he has great skill combo and traits. Citing him up is not a bad choice I just think that four citations is too many to spend on almost anyone. I did spend four citations on a crew member only once with Medic Reno that was great and I had gotten her from a Tuesday pack so no way to get more of her. DF Paris can be gotten from the portal, from packs, and if his event is rerun.

I've dumped 4 citations several times. EMA, Killy, FO Burnham, Ba'ul, Cheesecake Seven, Stranded Quark, DF Paris, and Dr. Pollard. Several of those were splurging after the last honor sale. I have to say, Killy probably got the most use with all the skirmishing. Can't say that I enjoy dropping 4 citations, but I will take one useful crew over two mediocre any day. Hmm... Killy and FO Burnham are the only ones who don't have MED. And only three are missing ENG.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    skill speculation for Linnis?

I would expect and hope her to have some of the skills from her parents, MED from Kes and COM from Paris, with DIP or SCI as logical third skills.