Home The Bridge
Options

How do you like the Skirmish changes?

Try the new Skirmish settings out and let people know how you feel. [=

How do you like the Skirmish changes? 139 votes

Keep: eveything as is.
69%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior Willo[KM]VidemCaptain TFSabine of AthenspbertZombie Squirrel Fredou[QH] OxmyxJim RaynoreXo | SilverRose (retired)HaBlackGrumpferAuntieABakkster[SSR] GTMET12345678 of 123456789PhotonKimTechnocrat2[RR] DarkAngel 97 votes
Cange it back: to the way it was.
5%
eXo | das411Moogie's Favorite Glenn FiddichWilhelmscreamHaere LinteseregBejeesus [Knights of the Saucer Section][G5618] Mauzi 7 votes
Keep: Intro/outro skip, Auto-play - Change it back: Speed-up
2%
Prime LorcaCaptain SMR[10F]risky DingoMr. Hobbs 4 votes
Keep: Intro/outro skip, Speed-up - Change it back: Auto-play
5%
JayBeezyOdo Marmarosa[Deleted User]Automaton_2000NSEA Protector 1999ursine cotcherBentina (Captain Me) 7 votes
Keep: Auto-play, Speed-up - Change it back: Intro/outro skip
0%
Keep: Intro/outro skip - Change it back: Auto-play, Speed-up
9%
Drone_oneSovinox[TUFG] Captain ZlogIronagedaveThurthoradYateballIshmael MarxDownriverRick Pallas_SolKadavarSmiley WirelessCaptain Kirk JExanimus 13 votes
Keep: Auto-play - Change it back: Intro/outro skip, Speed-up
0%
Keep: Speed-up - Change it back: Intro/outro skip, Auto-play
0%
Other (Please explain.)
7%
[RotP]Ran AirenV.Commander Sinclair[KM] WOLF 359[Deleted User]Dirk GundersonSpock-ORoxtonLegate Damar .•°rÅTT°•.EnderW 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep: Intro/outro skip - Change it back: Auto-play, Speed-up
    If I read the poll correctly I have gone for keeping the ability to skip the intro and outro

whilst not having the ability to auto speed up nor the autopilot ability.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it is too early to judge. So far I like it all, would not need the speed-up though. But the ranking and chron consumation will show how good it really is.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it is too early to judge. So far I like it all, would not need the speed-up though. But the ranking and chron consumation will show how good it really is.

Too early for me to judge as well. It's interesting though. So far, I like the shiny newness of it and I'm having fun with my Valdore on auto. I never had the patience to do the button order before, but now it's automated.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cange it back: to the way it was.
    It's more easy this way (at least for me), and you can get many points really fast, but for the same reason, you'll need much more intel (chrons) to get a good rank.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please explain.)
    I want to hold onto my judgement until after the event is done. I'm hurdling through this at Warp 9; at one point I was ranked at 70, and I know I'm not in the top 100 players in the game. So it's amazing to move this quickly, but what is this going to feel like by Sunday morning?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    The new Skirmish changes are godly. That is all.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play skirmishes with both hands to save my fingertips. Can’t do that now. I’m only at 250k and my right index finger already hurts. I’m not McLovin’ it.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It saves time. Since this Skirmish everyone has it, instead of just players on some platforms, it does not give anyone undo advantage. It's also nice for those of us with arthritis and/or carpet tunnel. Less clicking.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I love the new version. Skirmishes were my least favorite events because they felt like the biggest grind to me. This takes some of the grind out of the game.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Went from godawful to fricken fantastic. To me it’s like manual versus auto trans. Manual can be fun until you have to drive in traffic and your leg is numb by the time you arrive. Auto takes the pain away, that’s what this update has done and I will be enjoying these events much more and spending which benefits the devs.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. On one hand it is a lot easier to get through, but on the other hand it seems to have removed the prestige of a strong finish.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I dunno. On one hand it is a lot easier to get through, but on the other hand it seems to have removed the prestige of a strong finish.

It kind of seems like galaxy with far superior rewards now, huh?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is much easier now which is nice. Points will be much higher though. Gonna have to see how many points I need and what rank I get at the end.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I feel happy for those that win but I’ve never felt any prestige for doing well in any phone game, not just this one. I do applaud the efforts of those that do finish well it’s just something that personally doesn’t mean much. If I finish well, ok, if I don’t then also ok. I don’t need to be number one, I’d much prefer to help others succeed, that’s what gives me the “warm fuzzies”.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is much easier now which is nice. Points will be much higher though. Gonna have to see how many points I need and what rank I get at the end.

@Zom[BAD] Squirrel is currently 850,000+ in first place. Stay strong, 🐿️!!!!!

01jwpqpq71aa.png

Less than three hours in. I would not be surprised if the top ten are all 7,500,000+ and 10,000,000+ to get first.

It's gonna be a bloodbath & beyond!!!!!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    We are going to run through many more chronitons which will be good for TP’s sales of chrons.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Do people actually buy chrons?
  • Options

I am given to believe that some do. Not everyone can run long voyages to accrue chrons or they are whales going for rank and running out. Guess we will see if there is an uptick in sales.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please explain.)
    i can not stand skirmish - so much so i won't play even for characters i want this week. there's something about how long it takes and how much micro-concentration that is a torture to me. Suspiria and done.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The macro argument a while back was because it gave some players an unfair advantage. It is within my programming ability to fully automate skirmishes, but I chose not to.

The skip intro is excellent for me on a slow (transatlantic) connection. Sometimes the game hangs for a few seconds or more when I try and start each battle. The skip intro allows me to put the phone down and wait for the into, then start the fight on my terms. It may not seem much, but it helps when multitasking.

The rest I am undecided about.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    As it is now, you have to tap to skip the animation, two taps to go to 3x, 1 tap to auto, 1 tap to skip the animation (5 taps)

Thankyou. I have only just realised it goes up to 3x, I was thinking it went to 2x, then back to 1x. Fat fingers here puts auto on before speedup, I am only going for thresholds so it won't really matter. I would like the Doctor, but don't have time to put in.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I’m having trouble with this. What was the whole point of the big macro argument a few months ago? It caused bitter feelings among several for a long time. Now to have it all automated. And the ability to do it three times faster. This is fine for normal arena battles. But I thought the events were something a player actually had to put forth an effort and play the game.

Still not sure if I like this or not, but it doesn't change the effort, maybe actually increases it.

As it is now, you have to tap to skip the animation, two taps to go to 3x, 1 tap to auto, 1 tap to skip the animation (5 taps)

Before you had to tap your ship skills and crew (which could be from 4-6 taps normally).

Now instead of spreading out all those taps over 15-20 seconds a battle its compressed into 5.

So you wind up having to do the same amount of tapping each skirmish, just compressed into less than half the time, which might mean you would have to do twice as many taps to top 25 the event.

Agreed with this. Same amount of tapping. The battles are faster. If you are only clearing threshold this is an improvement. If you are planning to rank well, I suspect this will result in needing to run more battles, clicking more, and spending more chrons, all in the same amount of time as before.
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Other (Please explain.)

Occasionally.. but Rarely.

Can we get bigger buttons on the battle screen? Thanx Much.