Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Someone Like Me - 07/02 - Mega-Event Part 4

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Someone Like Me
Event Type: Hybrid Event Galaxy/Skirmish
Event Crew: Krenim Guest Chakotay 5* (New), Tanis 4* (New), and Rogue Harry Kim 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 07/02 until Monday 07/06 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Desert Archer (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/09.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Suspiria 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
n/a

Event Bonus Galaxy phase:
• high bonus: event crew, and Suspiria
• small bonus: variants of the Chakotay, Kim, and crew with the Warp Theorist or Caregiver trait.

Event Bonus Skirmish phase:
• high bonus: event crew, as well as Suspiria
• medium bonus: variants of the Chakotay, Kim, and crew with the Warp Theorist or Caregiver trait.
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Val Jean 2* (Existing)
- U.S.S. Voyager 4* (Existing)
- Krenim Weapon Ship 5* (New)

Comments

• Options
    Desert Archer is existing crew, no?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert Archer (new). But that card is already in the game Shan...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanis is a nice choice for this Mega. But not as nice as Samantha Wildman would've been. :neutral:
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, new 5* ship, the Krenim Weapon.

Prediction: will result in “Krenim” being added to ship attributes for the voyage AM bonus. Won’t be added to portal packs until “someday, maybe”

Meaning: Unless you unload a bunch of dilithium on ship schematic packs, you will have yet another ship attribute that will hinder your ability to get the bonus AM and have a better shot at longer voyages. Fantastic work.

Hope: Maybe it will ALSO have one or two of the ship attributes currently not represented by any 5* ships.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Prediction: will result in “Krenim” being added to ship attributes for the voyage AM bonus. Won’t be added to portal packs until “someday, maybe”

Meaning: Unless you unload a bunch of dilithium on ship schematic packs, you will have yet another ship attribute that will hinder your ability to get the bonus AM and have a better shot at longer voyages. Fantastic work.

Hope: Maybe it will ALSO have one or two of the ship attributes currently not represented by any 5* ships.

Actually, I believe when it leaked earlier this week all of the traits were pre-existing. I forgot to take a screenshot, but I remember there being four and I don't believe any of them were new.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    In case anyone is too lazy to look it up:

Desert Archer comes from the Secrets in the Desert Faction (Fed., Sec31, Cardassian) event with:
    - Undercover O'Brien
    - Torchbearer Tyler - EDIT: yes, Voq counts.

So, this will be a Flashback ... i.e. no 5* crew in the threshold reward structure. :( bummer.

Thank you! It's not that I'm lazy, but there's no sense in both of us doing the work. :)

I still have Rogue Kim out of the freezer. If I don't have the Janeway shuttle achievement done by that event, then it sure won't take long after it starts. The wiki only listed variants of Jonathan Archer, Miles O'Brien, and Tyler/Voq as bonus crew.

Edited to specify Jonathan Archer
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    robownage wrote: »

Actually, I believe when it leaked earlier this week all of the traits were pre-existing. I forgot to take a screenshot, but I remember there being four and I don't believe any of them were new.

That was indeed the case. However, Shan did say that it wasn’t finalized yet and that anything we saw at that point was subject to change (I’m paraphrasing.) The original post was called Krenim Weapon Ship, and I think it’s still on the first page.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanis could have some interesting traits - Ocampa and Telepath for a start.
    Hmm.. Do I thaw Harry or not? I have other Kims in hand. Have to wait and see.
    I was right to call the Val Jean and Voyager as skirmishers for this event.
    I'm very onboard with this flashback. The O'Brien is immortalized. The Tyler is just a star short of it. I can cite since there aren't community rewards. I have enough variants of the three to make a decent go of it and should have the new Janeway for sure by then. Have been doing much better in Faction events and I will have Suspiria (my new top for Command) and probably Professor Sato immortalized by then too. That will give me eight 5*s, plus both event 4*s Immortalized for shuttles. >:) I will be doing much better this time around.

See, this is cool. I enjoy progressing, and your posts illustrate how much fun can still be had in the game itself. Rock on, @W.W. Carlisle ! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is 2/5*. I would commit, but given how sketchy things are here & now, I will abide.
    🖖
    P.S.: Fix it.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @~peregrine~ I finished 13810th the first go. I hope to better it!
    OCD and a competitive streak can be a bad combination. I know exactly how I'm doing and I mostly play against myself.
    I managed to immortalize Obrist, so between him and Suspiria 4/5*FE, I'm in solid shape. Karyn is coming along nicely, but an immortalized Tee Time Doctor is my best surrogate for Dr. VG.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    OCD and a competitive streak can be a bad combination.

You are in good company with those 2 traits in the STT universe. Cheers!
  • Options
    Zefram GrZefram Gr ✭✭
    edited June 2020

@(HGH)Apollo you forget this archer...cloqsquks2hs.jpgmr32dwoweuik.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty devious of TP to give us this temporary achievement of 200 faction missions before July 21 that’s basically impossible to achieve without shuttle boosts or literally not sleeping and then as soon it starts give us a several week drought of faction events so we can’t speed up the temp achievement process. And also add shuttle boost packs to the LTO today even though we’re in a galaxy event. Gotta say, TP is ruthless.
  • Options
    Pretty devious of TP to give us this temporary achievement of 200 faction missions before July 21 that’s basically impossible to achieve without shuttle boosts or literally not sleeping and then as soon it starts give us a several week drought of faction events so we can’t speed up the temp achievement process. And also add shuttle boost packs to the LTO today even though we’re in a galaxy event. Gotta say, TP is ruthless.

It’s not as bad as you might think. It’s possible, even with only 2 shuttles, though there’s not a ton of wiggle room. That being said, the event after the next one is likely a flashback of a faction event, so that should go a long way towards giving people a bit more wiggle room.
  • Options

Let's check that math.

Let's say you sleep 8 hours a day...that gives you 16 hours to send shuttles. Divide that by 3 hours per shuttle wave, and we're looking at 5 sets of 4 shuttles. You might be able sneak in a 6th, but let's say you can't - that's still 20 per day. 200/20 is about 10 days.

Now let's say you're a VIP 0 and you're still only working with 2 shuttles. That means you double it, for a total of 20 days.

The achievement went live for everyone on June 24th. If you include both days, I believe that gives you 28 days total. Which is 8 more days than even a VIP0 would need.

Even if you miss a couple of waves...everyone should have plenty of time to complete it. It takes a bit of dedication, but it's pretty easily done.

Yeah, and the likelihood of there only being one faction or faction/hybrid event before 7/21 is probably slim to none. In fact, if people only run enough shuttles to clear their dailies, they will have nearly enough to clear the achievement just from that.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's check that math.

Let's say you sleep 8 hours a day...that gives you 16 hours to send shuttles. Divide that by 3 hours per shuttle wave, and we're looking at 5 sets of 4 shuttles. You might be able sneak in a 6th, but let's say you can't - that's still 20 per day. 200/20 is about 10 days.

Now let's say you're a VIP 0 and you're still only working with 2 shuttles. That means you double it, for a total of 20 days.

The achievement went live for everyone on June 24th. If you include both days, I believe that gives you 28 days total. Which is 8 more days than even a VIP0 would need.

Even if you miss a couple of waves...everyone should have plenty of time to complete it. It takes a bit of dedication, but it's pretty easily done.

Maths, FTMFW!!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zefram Gr wrote: »
    @(HGH)Apollo you forget this archer...cloqsquks2hs.jpgmr32dwoweuik.jpg

Quite true I forgot Green Arrow. Also have a marvel archer too, Hawkeye.

3gozvfdbjoy6.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Let's check that math.

Here I am, with over 20 days left.......

9hxw3xmhy9iy.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I ran all 200 shuttles the first day. Gauntlet rounds took me another day or two. I’m still 6 dilemmas short of the last one. I haven’t been quite as diligent about those as I’d intended to be.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Just clearing your daily achievements will get you to 196 shuttles in 28 days. Even without any faction events, that means you'd need one extra shuttle per week, doesn't really seem too difficult to me.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

People beat me to the math. Suffice to say, between the Faction event in two weeks and the bare minimum required to clear daily shuttles, 200 over the course of a month should be a piece of cake.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like a lot, and it is compared to the other two achievements (I'm expecting to clear both of them tomorrow). But it's easily achievable and I'm happy to wait an extra couple of weeks for the third copy.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Someone Like Me
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Galaxy/Skirmish
    Event Crew: Krenim Guest Chakotay 5* (New), Tanis 4* (New), and Rogue Harry Kim 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 07/02 until Monday 07/06 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Desert Archer (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/09.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Suspiria 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
    n/a

Event Bonus Galaxy phase:
    • high bonus: event crew, and Suspiria
    • small bonus: variants of the Chakotay, Kim, and crew with the Warp Theorist or Caregiver trait.

Event Bonus Skirmish phase:
    • high bonus: event crew, as well as Suspiria
    • medium bonus: variants of the Chakotay, Kim, and crew with the Warp Theorist or Caregiver trait.
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    - Val Jean 2* (Existing)
    - U.S.S. Voyager 4* (Existing)
    - Krenim Weapon Ship 5* (New)

Can I please please please please please do it?!?!?

I've never done it!!!!!!!

"Will Karyn count as an Archer in the Faction Flashback Event?"

😄🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖😆
    🦜🦚🦦🦨🦧🦒🦘