Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Someone Like Me - 07/02 - Mega-Event Part 4

Comments

• Options
    senoufo wrote: »
    quick question as i may be in error but since this a 2 part event, first is supply and second is skirmish: if you choose space battles to get supplies does that count as extra tokens being banked for the skirmish?

Hope i am clear in my question :-)

sorry, should have read a bit more, it does not, only accrued based on std timer.

llap
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick question as i may be in error but since this a 2 part event, first is supply and second is skirmish: if you choose space battles to get supplies does that count as extra tokens being banked for the skirmish?

No, but about 11,000 Intel does generate during Phase One......

As above player said.

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

No, but about 11,000 Intel does generate during Phase One......

As above player said.

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

thank you kindly !
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

You will not generate intel with space missions during phase one if that’s what you’re asking. The last time there was a skirmish for part 2 we generated intel over time during phase one.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Tanis is a nice choice for this Mega. But not as nice as Samantha Wildman would've been. :neutral:

Tanis is the grandson? I actually started watching the episode last night on CBSAA, but didn't get in very far. Was kind of binging Watchmen & then Doom Patrol on HBOMax.......

He's the leader of the Ocampa who tries to corrupt Kes.

Now that I see Gary Graham, I kind of remember. He taught Kes how to tap into her Ocampa superpowers with a candle? Got her to visualize the particles smaller than the subatomic particles? And manipulate the flame?

Also, it took me three searches for "Tanis" in the Crew Quarters to figure out what happens here.....

d84vpf1izble.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Is there any reason not to just wait for phase 2 and save the chronitons?
  • Options

Fourth copy of Tanis, and a free Premium Pull. But that only takes a little Crafting.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Fourth copy of Tanis, and a free Premium Pull. But that only takes a little Crafting.

Yup. Make one recipe and then take it easy until Phase 2.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krenim Ship is pretty spot on! Like it!

haz3rxi044mz.png

Gorgeous.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a cookout scheduled for the 4th of July and can't skirmish and grill at the same time, then have Sunday booked for some other reason, or just don't like skirmishes...

But yeah... I'll get a late start on phase 2, but that's when I'll do most of my eventing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Finished.......

29f1hw7p6o4i.png

EDIT: Remember when a three-Skill SuperRare with over 1,000 Primary was a biggish deal?!?!?
  • Options
    Finished.......

29f1hw7p6o4i.png

EDIT: Remember when a three-Skill SuperRare with over 1,000 Primary was a biggish deal?!?!?

Good bases but awful proficiency. Still great for any young account :)
  • Options
    Finished.......

29f1hw7p6o4i.png

Good bases but awful proficiency. Still great for any young account :)

Very true. Any early player that is still building a roster, will probably Voyage him often, for that Med Stat.
    Is it just me, or does it look like Tanis is sponsored by Red Bull? His outfit matches the can colors, down to the red stripe.

Well, now I see it and can't unsee it.....
  • Options
    Well, Tempora Poisoner Chuckles is done......

jg7224nvuz8c.png

If I do my thing in Phase Two, I might get quite a few done.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14164/since-this-week-is-a-skirmish/p1
  • Options
    With the number of people boycotting currently due to the Offer Wall... I might have a shot at placing somewhat decently in this event for a change.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the number of people boycotting currently due to the Offer Wall... I might have a shot at placing somewhat decently in this event for a change.

I wouldn’t count on it.....just look at the progress of the current event.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boycotters are merely the ones who are yelling the loudest. There are still plenty of players who aren't part of that group at all, and couldn't care less, save for the animosity that it's stirring up.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Tanis is a nice choice for this Mega. But not as nice as Samantha Wildman would've been. :neutral:

Tanis is the grandson? I actually started watching the episode last night on CBSAA, but didn't get in very far. Was kind of binging Watchmen & then Doom Patrol on HBOMax.......

Now that I see Gary Graham, I kind of remember. He taught Kes how to tap into her Ocampa superpowers with a candle? Got her to visualize the particles smaller than the subatomic particles? And manipulate the flame?

Also, it took me three searches for "Tanis" in the Crew Quarters to figure out what happens here.....

d84vpf1izble.png

I believe it was Tuvok who was helping Kes to harness her telepathic abilities
  • Options

d84vpf1izble.png

I believe it was Tuvok who was helping Kes to harness her telepathic abilities

Been forever since I saw most episodes. I get flashes of memory, I guess.
  • Options
    Is everyone sandbagging until Phase Two?

mf7ykh34fc84.png

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this event will need over a million VP for top 1500. At that point, the two or three hundred thousand VP from phase 1 are less important. I'm going to do a couple hundred thousand just so I have wiggle room for real life in the second half. Also, I have no shortage of chronitons. But you can get a couple hundred thousand in an hour in phase 2 along with many other goodies, so why not wait?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

mf7ykh34fc84.png

The more telling screenshot is the one showing how many of us did the bare minimum to get the community rewards:

lxlczdi7iqva.png
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more telling screenshot is the one showing how many of us did the bare minimum to get the community rewards:

This is an interesting issue (to me at least). The 350K threshold-and-out plateau was around rank 300 this AM (about 18hrs into event). It is never that high (meaning: low numbers) that far into the event in my experience (usually more like rank 800-1200). And yet, the community hit the 4* portal prize pretty much on the usual schedule (roughly 12hrs into the event). So based on my purely subjective experience, it feels very much like sandbagging is afoot, and yet somehow we were also able to hit a billion points without any trouble. It's odd.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even without The Wall drama, I would expect a lot of players to take it easy in Phase 1. After a full Skirmish and Galaxy, I imagine a lot of us are hurtin' for chronitons. Why dip into our remaining chronitons using items when you can spend them in the second half to get items and loot?

For me, another factor is disinterest in the rank table. I don't need Rogue Harry Kim and I have no real enthusiasm for Desert Archer, who would be just another 1/5 for me. I'm confident I can rank high enough the following week to get Kamin Picard without Archer.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I play hard on all of them, because I have never ranked higher than 3 copies of the 4*. (My dear, sweet, treasured Safecracker Nog that was new to me too!) Maybe this will be the one.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, another factor is disinterest in the rank table. I don't need Rogue Harry Kim and I have no real enthusiasm for Desert Archer, who would be just another 1/5 for me. I'm confident I can rank high enough the following week to get Kamin Picard without Archer.

That's me. I skipped Desert Archer in his first event and I have no need for him at 1/5 now. I can easily do threshold and out in phase 2.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

mf7ykh34fc84.png

lxlczdi7iqva.png

It goes higher than that. This is the people who happened to get 3 rares to claim on that 1 recipe. And we have no way of knowing how much higher it is than that.

sz9718iyu1m4.png