Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Someone Like Me - 07/02 - Mega-Event Part 4

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Options
    Pretty devious of TP to give us this temporary achievement of 200 faction missions before July 21 that’s basically impossible to achieve without shuttle boosts or literally not sleeping and then as soon it starts give us a several week drought of faction events so we can’t speed up the temp achievement process. And also add shuttle boost packs to the LTO today even though we’re in a galaxy event. Gotta say, TP is ruthless.

It’s not as bad as you might think. It’s possible, even with only 2 shuttles, though there’s not a ton of wiggle room. That being said, the event after the next one is likely a flashback of a faction event, so that should go a long way towards giving people a bit more wiggle room.

I think a few people are assuming that once you get to 3 hour shuttles there's basically no way to reduce that. Not true
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Someone Like Me
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Galaxy/Skirmish
    Event Crew: Krenim Guest Chakotay 5* (New), Tanis 4* (New), and Rogue Harry Kim 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 07/02 until Monday 07/06 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Desert Archer (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/09.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Suspiria 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
    n/a

Event Bonus Galaxy phase:
    • high bonus: event crew, and Suspiria
    • small bonus: variants of the Chakotay, Kim, and crew with the Warp Theorist or Caregiver trait.

Event Bonus Skirmish phase:
    • high bonus: event crew, as well as Suspiria
    • medium bonus: variants of the Chakotay, Kim, and crew with the Warp Theorist or Caregiver trait.
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
    - Val Jean 2* (Existing)
    - U.S.S. Voyager 4* (Existing)
    - Krenim Weapon Ship 5* (New)

Can I please please please please please do it?!?!?

I've never done it!!!!!!!

"Will Karyn count as an Archer in the Faction Flashback Event?"

😄🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖😆
    🦜🦚🦦🦨🦧🦒🦘

No more than Owen Paris counts as Tom
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Whenever I see Tanis mentioned I expect a half-elven ranger rather than an obscure Voyager character.

See, whenever I see Tanis mentioned, I keep expecting a mention of the Well of Souls...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Pretty devious of TP to give us this temporary achievement of 200 faction missions before July 21 that’s basically impossible to achieve without shuttle boosts or literally not sleeping and then as soon it starts give us a several week drought of faction events so we can’t speed up the temp achievement process. And also add shuttle boost packs to the LTO today even though we’re in a galaxy event. Gotta say, TP is ruthless.

Let's check that math.

Let's say you sleep 8 hours a day...that gives you 16 hours to send shuttles. Divide that by 3 hours per shuttle wave, and we're looking at 5 sets of 4 shuttles. You might be able sneak in a 6th, but let's say you can't - that's still 20 per day. 200/20 is about 10 days.

Now let's say you're a VIP 0 and you're still only working with 2 shuttles. That means you double it, for a total of 20 days.

The achievement went live for everyone on June 24th. If you include both days, I believe that gives you 28 days total. Which is 8 more days than even a VIP0 would need.

Even if you miss a couple of waves...everyone should have plenty of time to complete it. It takes a bit of dedication, but it's pretty easily done.

There's actually even more wiggle room. If you send shuttles every 3 hours and 10 minutes, you can send 6 waves per day and get 8 hours of sleep. Remember, the shuttles keep going while you sleep. So if you're sending two shuttles, here's an example of times:

6:00am
    9:10am
    12:20pm
    3:30pm
    6:40pm
    9:50pm
    Sleep 8 hours and repeat.

Basically, the calculation for 5 shuttles per day means that you could miss a whole wave each day and still be ok for the achievement. Personally, I have every faction tanked back down to 30 seconds. I can finish the achievement whenever I please.

But I'm waiting on the offer wall thing to resolve. I want to DYC one of the Janeway's and buy the monthly card, but I'm not spending right now. So... I'll chill on the achievements for now.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll ask an entirely different question: since it seems like the skirmish portion is in phase 2, will we be able to run missions during phase 1 to gather intel?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too, thought that was going to be an insurmountable task, so I stepped up trying to set alarms to send out shuttles, but I missed quite a few times too, so consider this about average.

i4h4pdtvn5ya.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    for me it's 12 miserable shuttles a day - finishes with about 10 days to spare. but with a faction event closer to 14. I will be very very glad when it is over. sending shuttles is a miserable torture to me. would have rathered the difficult one be anything else possible in the game.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a faction event again and then we will run thru that achievement quickly. Keep plugging away till then would be my advice.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    for me it's 12 miserable shuttles a day - finishes with about 10 days to spare. but with a faction event closer to 14. I will be very very glad when it is over. sending shuttles is a miserable torture to me. would have rathered the difficult one be anything else possible in the game.

Do you usually complete the 7 daily shuttles? I agree with you that I find sending shuttles annoying, but I also make sure to send out my 7 shuttles and this doesn't take much more effort than 7/day for 28 days. In fact 8/day completes it in 25 days.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    V. wrote: »

Do you usually complete the 7 daily shuttles? I agree with you that I find sending shuttles annoying, but I also make sure to send out my 7 shuttles and this doesn't take much more effort than 7/day for 28 days. In fact 8/day completes it in 25 days.

normally, no, i never send a single shuttle over the past 2 years - absent some sort of event like this one.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    I’ll ask an entirely different question: since it seems like the skirmish portion is in phase 2, will we be able to run missions during phase 1 to gather intel?

No. But Intel should generate during Phase One. Should start with something like 20,000, IIRC
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Tanis is a nice choice for this Mega. But not as nice as Samantha Wildman would've been. :neutral:

Tanis is the grandson? I actually started watching the episode last night on CBSAA, but didn't get in very far. Was kind of binging Watchmen & then Doom Patrol on HBOMax.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanis is a nice choice for this Mega. But not as nice as Samantha Wildman would've been. :neutral:

Tanis is the grandson? I actually started watching the episode last night on CBSAA, but didn't get in very far. Was kind of binging Watchmen & then Doom Patrol on HBOMax.......

He's the leader of the Ocampa who tries to corrupt Kes.
  • Options

Complete off-track comment, but I recently binged both Watchmen and Doom Patrol. Enjoy—they are two of the best shows I’ve watched in the last year. Amazing, unexpected, and fulfilling.
  • Options

He's the leader of the Ocampa who tries to corrupt Kes.

Thanx. 🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

Complete off-track comment, but I recently binged both Watchmen and Doom Patrol. Enjoy—they are two of the best shows I’ve watched in the last year. Amazing, unexpected, and fulfilling.

Watchmen was awesome. I'm at about Episode 5 or 6 in "Doom Patrol". Part two of the incredible Mark Sheppard as the incredible Knight Templar Kipling. As soon as the first part started and they said that prayer about the first light cast the First Shadow, I was like "They're doing the Unwritten Book!!!" I continue to say that the only interesting episode {for me} of Titans Season One was Episode Four. I grew up on the Doom Patrol. I have the graphic novels that include the Cult of the Unwritten Book, and The Painting That Ate Paris. I was excited Doom Patrol was coming. Then, Alan Tyduk as Mister Nobody? And then Mark Sheppard as Kipling? Interested meter hit ♾️!!!!!!
  • Options
    q31shlo1exnv.jpeg

Oh. Gary Graham!!!!!

He is like in everything sci-fi/fantasy!!!!!

• Options
    I think Tanis will be some mixture of science command diplomacy or security

on another note i’m hoping for a new 2 or 3* Rogue Chakotay from ‘Timeless’ :smile:

746ahxt3a8kd.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrond, finally! :D
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was a Tolkien game like STT. I would be in big trouble juggling both. They could start with the Silmion and go clear through to the Fourth Age. I'd love to turn the Sons of Feanor loose in a Third Age battle! Madhros with Command, Maglor with Music, and Curufin with Smithing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Tanis is a Diplomat. Nice to pick up a free 4/4 Diplomat for the collection.
  • Options
    Chuck S DarwinChuck S Darwin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Looks like Tanis is a Diplomat. Nice to pick up a free 4/4 Diplomat for the collection.

IF enough people participate enough in the Galaxy portion. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️

[Typo corrected]
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like we have to turn in the SRs during phase one, no opportunity to turn them in during phase two.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Woops!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭

IF enough people participant enough in the Galaxy portion. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️
    I'm concerned as well, although I suspect the folks who will be most competitive during the skirmish already have many of the supplies they need for the galaxy portion.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

[Typo corrected]

No worries here at all. 🙂

And if not, ppl can just blame the „Offer Wall“ .😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

[Typo corrected]

No worries here at all. 🙂

And if not, ppl can just blame the „Offer Wall“ .😉

Mine is already Level 90/3 🌟

• Options
    quick question as i may be in error but since this a 2 part event, first is supply and second is skirmish: if you choose space battles to get supplies does that count as extra tokens being banked for the skirmish?

Hope i am clear in my question :-)
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?