Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Secrets in the Desert - 07/09 (flashback)

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Dirk, his stats aren’t mind blowing but it’s still an iconic version of Picard.

I’m in. I’ll be happy to have him in my collection.

If only he played his flute tune when you clicked on him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I guess people aren't going hard since it is a Flashback?

qntva7e9bnwn.png

coyickeka4gi.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually seems to me that people are going harder than usual. I'm judging from my fleet and squadron scores.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression was not much interest, some disappointment in Picards stats plus some already have multiple copies of Tyler and O’Brien.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    My impression was not much interest, some disappointment in Picards stats plus some already have multiple copies of Tyler and O’Brien.

Yeah. My main interest in trying for Making is another Crew I can use in his Primary/Secondary Skill Seat on a Voyage, and get a small nudge on my Med. However, I'm getting Med more covered. It was the Gold 🌟 Skill yesterday, and I hit over 13,000!!!!!

bmd4mzogt520.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Looks like over 13 thousand to me.
  • Options
    Looks like over 13 thousand to me.

Yeah. I caught it when I added the screenshot, so I fixed it.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmd4mzogt520.png

@DScottHewitt ... I'd again advise you to have a look at the 10 hr voyage thread in the Ready Room ... you have massively wonky voyage totals.

Try for:
    - 11.500/11.500/5.000 x4
    - 11.500/11.500/8.000/3.000 x3 (the better option)
    And with a 2750+ starting AM you should be close to or making 10 hrs no prob. These spreads rely a lot less on pure luck to hit a good voyage length.

Mix and match crew a bit to get better numbers, it doesn't matter if they are not exact, as long as they are close.

I'm struggling to see how the likes of SM Sarek are helping that voyage if you've got such a low SCI. Whichever seat he's in sub him out for a SCI main crew (preferably with CMD and SEC judging your other scores ... so Armus?).
  • Options
    I noticed the voyage totals too but didn’t say anything. No point in having 13k for primary if you’re other skills are so bad they’re bleeding antimatter from the start. Boost the minimums first.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised to collect my overnight shuttles and see I was placed around 500 (less than an hour later I'm already around 600). I'm probably still evaluate after I clear all the threshold awards to see if it's worth it to keep pushing, but I'm feeling optimistic.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised to collect my overnight shuttles and see I was placed around 500 (less than an hour later I'm already around 600). I'm probably still evaluate after I clear all the threshold awards to see if it's worth it to keep pushing, but I'm feeling optimistic.

Same here - running five shuttles at a time (thanks to having almost a hundred shuttle tokens saved up before the event) with time-reducers during the day and reward doublers overnight has me hanging around 600th place.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here - running five shuttles at a time (thanks to having almost a hundred shuttle tokens saved up before the event) with time-reducers during the day and reward doublers overnight has me hanging around 600th place.

Same here, before I lost 6+ hours (2 waves of shuttles) due to the app glitch. Instead of hovering in the 400-800 range, I'm not in the 700-1,100 range. I can see lots of C/S tickets coming if people wind up just missing out on their desired rank tier.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Same here, before I lost 6+ hours (2 waves of shuttles) due to the app glitch. Instead of hovering in the 400-800 range, I'm not in the 700-1,100 range. I can see lots of C/S tickets coming if people wind up just missing out on their desired rank tier.

Agreed - I was fortunate to mostly avoid the login issue, only waiting to collect my overnight shuttles for a little bit before our favorite Squirrel posted the link to the workaround. Those like yourself who lost multiple rounds of shuttles I think have a basis for legitimate CS tickets, though I’m not sure what the best solution would be as far as compensation goes. Maybe take into account whatever reward tier each person gets and give them whatever they would have gotten from the next tier up?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    bmd4mzogt520.png

@DScottHewitt ... I'd again advise you to have a look at the 10 hr voyage thread in the Ready Room ... you have massively wonky voyage totals.

Try for:
    - 11.500/11.500/5.000 x4
    - 11.500/11.500/8.000/3.000 x3 (the better option)
    And with a 2750+ starting AM you should be close to or making 10 hrs no prob. These spreads rely a lot less on pure luck to hit a good voyage length.

Mix and match crew a bit to get better numbers, it doesn't matter if they are not exact, as long as they are close.

I'm struggling to see how the likes of SM Sarek are helping that voyage if you've got such a low SCI. Whichever seat he's in sub him out for a SCI main crew (preferably with CMD and SEC judging your other scores ... so Armus?).

Interesting, I would have assumed his best cards were on shuttles and he did what he could with what was left..

It is good advice however.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't we see next week's announcement by now or am I confused?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW! Now the in-game apology messages have expiry dates on them?!?!?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't we see next week's announcement by now or am I confused?

The team is aware the info has not been posted, but it is not a priority right now.... :D:p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it is a compromise. They did not want to hand out any compensation at first.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That's totally to stop people like me who keep all these messages in my inbox.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »

That's totally to stop people like me who keep all these messages in my inbox.

Same. I have 70+ messages saved at the moment.

My bigger question is what direction has C/S been given, to address complaints from iPhone users who were unfairly impacted?

I set an alarm for 3:30 am to receive 8 shuttles and send out at least 5 shuttles. I wound up missing out on 2 waves of shuttles (3:30-6:30am & 6:30-9:30am), which represents a minimum of 33,600 points (4/5 each wave). If I barely miss my target tier, or have to expend extra resources to offset what I missed out on, I'll definitely be filing a ticket.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭

przrlg6m637g.gif
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Take it or leave it. Simple. It‘s a sign of good will, TP was not responsable for the issues. But yeah, complaining is so much more fun here....
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Interesting, I would have assumed his best cards were on shuttles and he did what he could with what was left.

Even if your best 20-30 crew are on shuttles doesn't mean you can't balance out your crew stats more evenly and maybe hit 10 hrs without requiring so much luck ... I mean, 8 hrs can be done with weak 1/5s ... https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16130/crew-management-for-voyages-during-events ... imagine if some 3/5s or immortalised 5*s are thrown in (granted, MED/SCI is not the easiest combo).

(I find the best way to help out those interested is to show various scenarios and to then try to put down a thought process on how to resolve an issue at hand.)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Take it or leave it. Simple. It‘s a sign of good will, TP was not responsable for the issues. But yeah, complaining is so much more fun here....

It's a sign of a change. They have always offered compensation for 3rd party issues as a sign of good will. Suddenly this time they put an expiration date on that. I think it's reasonable to ask about that change and what else TP may be changing.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

It's a sign of a change. They have always offered compensation for 3rd party issues as a sign of good will. Suddenly this time they put an expiration date on that. I think it's reasonable to ask about that change and what else TP may be changing.

One change seems to be when they post next weeks event info... :oo:)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I wasn't actually complaining. I merely expressed surprise at something new that wasn't communicated and could lead to players missing out on a generous gift, which could lead to a negative response to something positive. Cheers!
  • Options
    No notes yet for the next event? These days it's pretty much the highlight of my week.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there will not be an event next week?! :D To be honest I would find less frequent events refreshing. But in seriousness... not gonna happen.
  • Options
    I think the timer is to make sure that only active captains get the compensation.
  • Options
    Can someone from TP check what is wrong with the Event?

Federation is not winning.....

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖