Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Secrets in the Desert - 07/09 (flashback)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in The Bridge
The studio is closed tomorrow, so posting this info today :)

Event Name: Secrets in the Desert
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Desert Archer 5* (Existing), Torchbearer Tyler 4* (Existing), and Undercover O'Brien 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 07/09 until Monday 07/13 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Kamin Picard (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/16.

Event Factions:
Cardassian Union, Federation, Section 31

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of J. Archer, Tyler, and M. O’Brien.

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kamin? I'm comin' for ya.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no interest in this flashback event, until they announced Kamin… time to thaw my 2 immortalized copies of both 4* event crew!
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    about time, it's gonna be bonkers
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Congrats to the people excited for that Picard. I know it was one of the top five episodes in that poll they did at the end of TNG. I liked it okay. Just maybe not as much as some did. Nothing against the episode, the actors, the writers, of anyone else. Just not everyone will have the same top five. I may or may not go Shuttles Deep. I'll have to wait and see his stats.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love a Kataanian flute music cue as a sound clip....!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Would love a Kataanian flute music cue as a sound clip....!

Wonder how many flutes will need to be built.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kamin?

5 star?

They've got my interest.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if Picard at El-Adrel will turn up in the following event featuring Kamin Picard.

Good point. I had thought maybe they would put him in the July daily rewards for PS's birthday, but a Picard event works too.
    It's a faction event, which isn't my strong suit, but I have 4 shuttles now and the O'Brien and another O'Brien immortalized. The Tyler is close to it and my variants aren't too bad either. Archer is another matter. I don't have the desert version and my best is Xindi Prisoner. Will have 8 immortalized golds to use by then though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Had a good break from Faction.. This sounds interesting.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Based on placement, I assume the Obrian is the ranked reward in another faction event. Not that it will matter to most, but why keep putting him in the rank rewards of the same type of event?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a good break from Faction.. This sounds interesting.

Agreed. I really enjoyed the break of not having a faction or part faction for 3 full weeks. I hope we will see skirmishes outside of Megas as well again.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    About f time...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wrong Event thread
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insane it took this long for the Picard variant from one of the greatest hours in television ever... anywhere. I've fought to get anti-trekkers to watch just this episode at times. Excited for this blood bath
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Insane it took this long for the Picard variant from one of the greatest hours in television ever... anywhere. I've fought to get anti-trekkers to watch just this episode at times. Excited for this blood bath

It's definitely a well-written and well acted episode. I can see it being the bait to hook someone on the entire franchise....
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

It's definitely a well-written and well acted episode. I can see it being the bait to hook someone on the entire franchise....

I just mean because it stands out independently and is non trek enough for anyone to appreciate
  • Options

I just mean because it stands out independently and is non trek enough for anyone to appreciate

I understood. It just sounded like I didn't.

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much variety in Star Trek, I usually ask people what some of their favorite shows or movies are and I can come up with an episode of two from there. Sometimes curiosity is enough.
    I used to claim the wall mounted big screen in the dorm lounge on Wednesday night when I was in college to watch Enterprise. First, just me. Then, my roommate. Had about a dozen or so by the end of that first semester. Word got around that Star Trek was on the big screen in Johnson A. We had people from other forms show up. Several times, I can remember someone passing through stopping to watch part or the rest of it and asking what it was. Might have gotten a few that way.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    If the card includes the Inner Light flute music as a sound clip I’ll just empty my wallet
  • Options
    If the card includes the Inner Light flute music as a sound clip I’ll just empty my wallet

Is it too soon for Scott's prediction of BB&B?!?!?

• Options
    Guesses on traits? Definitely musician. Not sure about skills. This is such a great variant for a major character from one of the best episodes in all of Trek but...as Kamin, Picard didn’t really do anything. He didn’t display diplomacy, security, command, or any medical prowess. You could argue science since he studied the stars as Kamin. I’m worried he’ll end up a 2 skill
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI/ENG/DIP seems likely to me. Maybe SCI/DIP/MED given that some of his research pertains to everyone's health, but I think that's a longer shot. Homesteader Janeway also has the same skills, although sometimes there are clusters.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I'd like Kamin Picard, as the Inner Light was one of the best Trek eps, but this is a week off for me.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sci Med Dip actually
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kamin is overdue in the game, but (I know what your thinking, oh oh here it comes) this will be the 5th Picard card (heh) in less than 5 months.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Kamin is overdue in the game, but (I know what your thinking, oh oh here it comes) this will be the 5th Picard card (heh) in less than 5 months.

That Event will also have 2 new 4 🌟 Crew, Cadet Picard {Tom Hardy} and the Naasican. Who will be Fuzed to be the one remaing card from the leaked ten. 3 🌟 Ranked will be Picard from Darmok, and Threshold will have a new 2 🌟 Picard of some kind.

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

That Event will also have 2 new 4 🌟 Crew, Cadet Picard {Tom Hardy} and the Naasican. Who will be Fuzed to be the one remaing card from the leaked ten. 3 🌟 Ranked will be Picard from Darmok, and Threshold will have a new 2 🌟 Picard of some kind.

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

All speculation on your part as to even if those cards get released, much less fused.

See 5* Assimilated Spock in the game yet?

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/69958/

🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust