Home The Bridge
Options

Datacore Current Status

Comments

• Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I did put $200 into the wiki, I think. It just uses a crap donation interface, which is why I discontinued after supporting for a year. That and they refused to put SPONSORED BY EXODUS in a giant popup that couldn't be ad blocked or dismissed. So, really, the ad route is the lesser of two evils, friends.

Also, we don't have an official update yet - but thanks to those who've raised great questions and points so far.

Double also, we're still looking for help on the programmer front. GitHub has all the deets. Bring us your dead! Err. Nerds. Bring us your nerds!
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine, then. Y’all pay for it.

Oh, not dismissing the need for ads at all. Just pointing out they are being used on community resources... for perfectly valid reasons.

Though, in the case of the wiki - I think they are a bit excessive. I get banner ads below ever single heading and subheading of the thing - and since most pages have a lot of headers with little content...

I guessed it was set up for Auto-ads on Google Adsense, and Google just went to town. Just not as clean as it used to be as a result.

I can scroll past the ads in the middle of the page just fine, the problem for me is when I get ads popping up on top of the search bar when using a mobile browser. It’s probably just poor localization on mobile browsers in general but seems scummy when an ad pops up just as I’m about to type something.

Rarely, I’ll also try to zoom in on the page (again via mobile) and it snaps back to the zoomed out view again. I assume it’s due to ads that don’t want to be avoided, as it wasn’t a problem once upon a time.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    I wonder how is datacore updated. For example new Tomalak art or typo corrections... I tried via GitHub but unsuccessfully.
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    I wonder how is datacore updated. For example new Tomalak art or typo corrections... I tried via GitHub but unsuccessfully.

No answer for this? I noticed new characters are updated. Is there any problem with correcting the old ones? Just asking.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    It caches once, unfortunately these are the same names on different art so it won't pull everything twice. we will need to manually delete and let it find them again
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    {ACE}-D@MN wrote: »
    It caches once, unfortunately these are the same names on different art so it won't pull everything twice. we will need to manually delete and let it find them again

Thanks for answer. And could/will this be done? I also corrected some typos in crewmember names via GitHub, like, a long time ago. Could someone accept this edits, or how this is done?

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Github isn't exactly how content updates go in, if i understand it correctly. There's other backend work that has to be done to correct images and art files.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    The website project moved here: https://github.com/stt-datacore/website

But FWIW, the crew renames we wouldn't take because those would be incorrect. We need to match the crew names in-game; there is no dot after "Dr" for crew in-game.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    there is no dot after "Dr" for crew in-game.

Which crewmembers are you referring to? I am not aware of any crewmembers with "Dr" without dot. Thus, naming of "Dr. Phlox" and "Dr. Crusher" in datacore is incorrect.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Thot MosesThot Moses ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Fesek & EV Suit Seven of Nine have the hidden trait "ent" instead of "voy"
    and Talas has the hidden trait "voy" instead of "ent".
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thot Moses wrote: »

That is all likely issues in the game itself. Datacore is just reflecting what it sees.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

That is all likely issues in the game itself. Datacore is just reflecting what it sees.

Nope, at least for Fesek & Seven, here's the game data:
    "Fesek","short_name":"Fesek","flavor":"","archetype_id":4143,"xp":293910,"xp_for_current_level":293910,"xp_for_next_level":293910,"max_xp":293910,"favorite":false,"level":100,"in_buy_back_state":false,"max_level":100,"rarity":4,"max_rarity":4,"equipment_rank":9,"max_equipment_rank":9,"equipment_slots":[{"level":90,"archetype":4042},{"level":93,"archetype":1403},{"level":96,"archetype":2418},{"level":99,"archetype":4048}],"equipment":0,4042],[1,1403],[2,2418],[3,4048,"icon":{"file":"/crew_icons/cm_fesekvoy_icon"},"portrait":{"file":"/crew_portraits/cm_fesekvoy_sm"},"full_body":{"file":"/crew_full_body/cm_fesekvoy_full"},"voice_over":null,"expires_in":null,"active_status":0,"active_id":null,"active_index":0,"passive_status":0,"passive_id":null,"passive_index":0,"traits":["malon","romantic","inspiring","resourceful"],"traits_hidden":["nonhuman","male","organic","voy","fesek","crew_max_rarity_4"]

"name":"EV Suit Seven of Nine","short_name":"Seven","flavor":"","archetype_id":8795,"xp":293910,"xp_for_current_level":293910,"xp_for_next_level":293910,"max_xp":293910,"favorite":false,"level":100,"in_buy_back_state":false,"max_level":100,"rarity":5,"max_rarity":5,"equipment_rank":9,"max_equipment_rank":9,"equipment_slots":[{"level":90,"archetype":8803},{"level":93,"archetype":1010},{"level":96,"archetype":8809},{"level":99,"archetype":664}],"equipment":0,8803],[1,1010],[2,8809],[3,664,"icon":{"file":"/crew_icons/cm_seven_of_nine_ev_icon"},"portrait":{"file":"/crew_portraits/cm_seven_of_nine_ev_sm"},"full_body":{"file":"/crew_full_body/cm_seven_of_nine_ev_full"},"voice_over":null,"expires_in":null,"active_status":0,"active_id":null,"active_index":0,"passive_status":0,"passive_id":null,"passive_index":0,"traits":["borg","human","starfleet","federation","hunter","astrophysicist"],"traits_hidden":["female","organic","voy","seven","crew_max_rarity_5"],

I can't check Talas yet, don't have her.
  • Options
    They recently updated the series for some older characters and I need to go back and refresh them manually in the site's caches.
  • Options
    Just for clarification: This wasn't meant as criticism, I just wanted to help to get the data right. I appreciate the help of datacore and am very thankful!
    I usually export the crew spreadsheats from datacore (this helps a lot) to excel and was searching in my excel file for crew to unfreeze and filtered the traits for ",ent,", compared it to the official bonus crew list from Shan and then recognized the difference, compared it to the player.json, did another check for voy/dsc crew, just hadn't the time to do it for tos/tng/ds9, maybe later.
    Thanks and keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would certainly explain how those characters ended up on or missing from the bonus crew list. Nice catch!
  • Options
    So, now I had the time to check tos/tng/ds9:
    Admiral Cartwright, Dr Carol Marcus and General Chang have the hidden trait "tng" instead of "tos" on datacore.
    Bridal Keiko has the hidden trait "ds9" instead of "tng". (But this is probly actually true, as she's quite new and all her other versions have the ds9 trait)

Sadly I'm not able to check, if this are datacore errors or errors on TP's side (either I don't have the crew yet or no crewspace to unfreeze).
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the website going to remain at datacore.app or will there be a new URL we should visit in the future?
  • Options
    URL will remain the same. it should already be running on a new build on a new host. There's still some kinks to work out with server specs, etc. Some of the guys like Damn or Chuk or TA7 know the details.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Late to Datacore usage but I have been enjoying reading all the descriptions of the crew and seeing what Tiers others consider for each character. It is very well done. As I am mostly voyage focused these days I am curious whether there is a way to see crew listed in rank by voyage scores?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The level 100 spreadsheet (it's bookmarked around here, somewhere) has all voyage characters ranked by total average voyage score. I think one of Captain Idol's back end spreadsheets has the same thing.
  • Options
    Thanks for the shift. I don't know if this is where you report bugs, but I figured I would put it up.

1) Q's Gavel shows as an unneeded item, but I don't have it.
    2) Tried the Voyage Calculator today and it just spins and spins.

Again, thanks for keeping this going!!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    {ACE}-D@MN wrote: »
    To paraphrase our reply, we got neither approval or censure, so have chosen the least contentious path, we will continue to pass through the login to the WRG site, and let people take their data into datacore manually, and we won't put forward any tool that writes to the game.
    That said, we have several ideas on how to provide more valuable information via datacore in this manner.

The next iteration of the bot already has improved recognition of screenshots from different devices

Will we have to take a survey? :p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the shift. I don't know if this is where you report bugs, but I figured I would put it up.

The voyage calculator takes time to run. How long were you waiting? I used it today and it eventually completed. If this was your first time using it you might have thought it was stuck and not realized it will complete after a couple minutes. And if you increase the search depth then it will really take a long time to run.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, now I had the time to check tos/tng/ds9:
    Admiral Cartwright, Dr Carol Marcus and General Chang have the hidden trait "tng" instead of "tos" on datacore.
    Bridal Keiko has the hidden trait "ds9" instead of "tng". (But this is probly actually true, as she's quite new and all her other versions have the ds9 trait)

Sadly I'm not able to check, if this are datacore errors or errors on TP's side (either I don't have the crew yet or no crewspace to unfreeze).

Thanks for this. I fixed these on the DNA checklist
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

The voyage calculator takes time to run. How long were you waiting? I used it today and it eventually completed. If this was your first time using it you might have thought it was stuck and not realized it will complete after a couple minutes. And if you increase the search depth then it will really take a long time to run.

Thanks, maybe it was just me. The Voyage cal is working for me now. But, it ran for 20+ min on 6 with no crew exempted without completing. Thanks again for all.
  • Options
    Would it increase the speed / decrease the needed calculating power, if you would include some cap checkboxes, e.g. like this:
    (_) include only immortalized legendaries
    (_) include only lvl 100 legendaries
    (_) include only immortalized super rares and up
    (_) include only immortalized rares and up
    (_) include only immortalized uncommons and up
    (_) include only immortalized commons and up
    (_) include everything
  • Options
    Is there an updated link to the Discord development group? The one in the info box is now invalid
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    When anyone has time, it would be really handy if the voyage calculator could be checked to see if the option to include frozen crew actually does anything. I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If this feature could be enabled, it would make it so much easier to ensure I've always got the best voyage crew. Thanks.
  • Options
    Been using the website for a bit specifically for needed items. Today went to update my character and the link loaded a level 1 captain. Any way to logout of the api and get a fresh login?
  • Options
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Been using the website for a bit specifically for needed items. Today went to update my character and the link loaded a level 1 captain. Any way to logout of the api and get a fresh login?

That's not on DataCore's website. Try loading the DisruptorBeam profile in an incognito browser window, or clearing your browser cache.