Home The Bridge
Options

Datacore Current Status

124»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, I didn't know how to best contact the people currently running the project for DataCore. I was just trying to explain to my flatmate how to use it ( waiting for all the computer gibberish to load isn't clear in the instructions on importing data) and I admit I was super confused when I first started using the tool.
    I feel like it would be beneficial if there perhaps was a video tutorial on how to use it. Both with how to import data and how to use the voyage calculator, as well as some of the other features you can look at if you decide to share your crew profile. I feel in the very least, a revision on the import instructions is necessary and a video tutorial would be even better. I feel like it would help both new captains to learn to the tool as well as those of us young and old that struggle with technology who have been skipping out on this tool before because of that technology barrier. My fleet mate just spent a good amount of the day manually importing his data into the DNA checklist because he didn't know how to get his info from DataCore.

Once again, Thanks for everything you do!
  • Options
    Thot MosesThot Moses ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    To the developers:
    Some crew in datacore are having the "wrong" apostrophe in their names - (’) instead of (') as in the game:
    - EV Suit T'Pol
    - Ambassador V'Lar
    - Zhian'tara Odo
    - Vahar'ai Saru
    Here you can see the difference:
    afmkzzjeytvd.jpg
    "EV Suit T’Pol" is wrong, the short name and the other versions are correct.

(And thanks for the good work!)
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is, WRG changed it at some point. many of those changes are not made retroactively to datacore and requires a manual update.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    @SSR Barkley: That's true, actually the correction for Zhian'tara Odo in the game some months ago was my "fault". ;-) It was just now that I realized the name differences game<->datacore.

@whomsoever: Thanks for the quick fix!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably not a mistake, but I noticed that Junior and Miss are listed as variants of Q in profiles. Is this correct?
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    It's probably not a mistake, but I noticed that Junior and Miss are listed as variants of Q in profiles. Is this correct?

They count for the Q Continuum trait but not for Q himself.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

They count for the Q Continuum trait but not for Q himself.

That's what I assumed. The Datacore entries don't list Quinn or Colonel as variants of Q. So I just wanted to be sure which trait (hidden or otherwise) these cards are variants of. So, should the others be listed as well, is there a mistake, or is there a uniting trait that Riker, Quinn and Colonel don't have? Just curious.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed the most recent crew aren't in the list. Deserved vacation or is my browser having technical difficulties?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Noticed the most recent crew aren't in the list. Deserved vacation or is my browser having technical difficulties?

Same here, no Mirror Bones or Adira. Also Zareh (as he was released today) 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!