Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Sto’Vo’Kor Lost - 07/23

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is such a massive yawn it's ridiculous.... I was hoping the stats would come out and I'd be like oh okay, at least it has that.... nope
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just gonna go out and get some honor, if I don’t get him that is ok.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh...enough dil for two pulls to try and get Worf:

1 - Momma L’Rell
    2 - 5th star for Qunior

That monthly card I probably shouldn’t have gotten will yield enough for a third and final attempt before the pack disappears next week. Fingers crossed...I’d really rather use the campaign’s 4* citation on one of the three boat anchor 1/4*s that are clogging up the works.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see ship abilities in the event notes. Are those normally posted with the rest of the event info?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see ship abilities in the event notes. Are those normally posted with the rest of the event info?

Will add them now!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship abilities added!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    robownage wrote: »
    Dr. La Forge comes in at #56 Overall and #3 SCI/MED Voyager (1 point ahead of the far more useful Homesteader Janeway). His bases put him at #6 SCI/MED for shuttles and he's the only gold with SCI/MED/CMD in that order.

Seems like a mid-tier to me. His raw stats are solid, his unique skill combo is pleasant and gives him an opportunity to stand out, but barring an Exobiology mega, next week will probably be his only event.

Actually, he's the second with the skills in that order ... right after The Keeper!

But E. La Forge is just an overall update ... for voyages ... when compared to The Keeper's stats ... The Keeper has a lot, and I mean al lot more traits, many of which are useful (including Exobiology - Crafty, Quantum Mechanics, Telepath, Explorer and Interrogator are often used), but I think the stats out-do the traits here.
    I have The Keeper immortal and he's been a steady contributor to voyages, so I'd assume that E. La Forge would be even more so.

The thing that The Keeper has going for him is the proficiency rolls, no guantlet use for E. La Forge. Also, his ship ability is actually quite nice during this auto-battle meta. E. La Forge's not quite so.

--> So, if the Big Book rated The Keeper Tier 4 ... I can see that for E. La Forge if you balance it all out.

EDIT: spelling + more traits.
    For comparison, The Keeper's voyage stats (E. La Forge):
    SCI: 1478 (1606)
    MED: 1249 (1229)
    CMD: 577 (612)
    Total: 3304 (3446)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Dr. La Forge comes in at #56 Overall and #3 SCI/MED Voyager (1 point ahead of the far more useful Homesteader Janeway). His bases put him at #6 SCI/MED for shuttles and he's the only gold with SCI/MED/CMD in that order.

Seems like a mid-tier to me. His raw stats are solid, his unique skill combo is pleasant and gives him an opportunity to stand out, but barring an Exobiology mega, next week will probably be his only event.

Actually, he's the second with the skills in that order ... right after The Keeper!

But E. La Forge is just an overall update ... for voyages ... when compared to The Keeper's stats ... The Keeper has a lot, and I mean al lot more traits, many of which are useful (including Exobiology - Crafty, Quantum Mechanics, Telepath, Explorer and Interrogator are often used), but I think the stats out-do the traits here.
    I have The Keeper immortal and he's been a steady contributor to voyages, so I'd assume that E. La Forge would be even more so.

The thing that The Keeper has going for him is the proficiency rolls, no guantlet use for E. La Forge. Also, his ship ability is actually quite nice during this auto-battle meta. E. La Forge's not quite so.

--> So, if the Big Book rated The Keeper Tier 4 ... I can see that for E. La Forge if you balance it all out.

I sit corrected. It seems you've found a flaw in my formula, which classifies skill order by bases instead of combined (Keeper seems to be one of the rare cases where proficiency actually changes skill order). Thank you!

I feel like I would still take Keeper over E. La Forge. Granted the latter has near-perfect traits for SCI & MED slots, but it's only about 200 overall points that separare them in terms of overall Voyage score and Keeper's traits are also great for Voyages and certainly offer more event potential. More importantly, Keeper's Gauntlet prowess gives him a big edge over E. La Forge, especially when they are both sitting at 1/5. If Keeper's at Tier 4, I'd probably put him at a 5 or 6.
  • Options
    I sit corrected. It seems you've found a flaw in my formula, which classifies skill order by bases instead of combined (Keeper seems to be one of the rare cases where proficiency actually changes skill order). Thank you!

Yeah, I once provided a whole list of crew that are like that ... most are old crew from the first 2 years in the game where crew were given low/medium base scores but (super) high proficiencies ... see also this month's campaign Doctor Chaotica ... the card says SCI/CMD ... but voyage (average) stats say CMD/SCI.

Added the voyage comparison in the post above.

But for event potential ... maybe, The Keeper's base stats are pretty poor though, none top 1000 without bonuses.
    So yeah, I'd say it depends a bit ... at 1/5 it is The Keeper ... at 5/5 depends on what you want out of a card. I like The Keeper, so cited him up back a while back (early 2019), no regrets about that at all.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    My list, sorted by unboosted total of Skill1+2. Still don t get all the Keeper talk.
    He‘s not even close to the new La Forge. Or do u refer to including the 3rd skill which is CMD?
    bjlm0qzu5nyi.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like I would still take Keeper over E. La Forge. Granted the latter has near-perfect traits for SCI & MED slots, but it's only about 200 overall points that separare them in terms of overall Voyage score and Keeper's traits are also great for Voyages and certainly offer more event potential. More importantly, Keeper's Gauntlet prowess gives him a big edge over E. La Forge, especially when they are both sitting at 1/5. If Keeper's at Tier 4, I'd probably put him at a 5 or 6.

Not sure if it factors into your calculations, but The Keeper is also one of the few who has a skill order change during leveling. At 1/5* and level 1 with no equipment it just barely is SCI/MED/COM (with exactly one more point to the SCI base and combined SCI than the MED base and combined MED) and at different points, depending on fusion level, the order switches to MED/SCI/COM for bases but retains SCI/MED/COM for voyages.

Antaak was the other one that readily comes to mind as having a similar switch - he’s MED/SCI at 1/4* L1, his bases switch to SCI/MED when immortal, but his voyage skill order remains MED/SCI due to the high max MED proficiency. Not that he’s a voyager of any kind, of course.

Out of curiosity, I scoped out Dark Ages McCoy’s stats (as he also has a base switch and higher proficiencies) and found that his voyage totals at 5/5* switch from MED/SEC/DIP to MED/DIP/SEC and back again as he gets leveled. That shouldn’t be a sorting issue for most people, just a fun observation.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    When all is said and done, as always it'll depend on where your crew sits. Since I already have a 5/5 Keeper, I can't see myself going for Edward. I don't need another 1/5 clogging up the works, and I get enough use out of The Keeper that Edward wouldn't be a citation priority any time soon.
    My list, sorted by unboosted total of Skill1+2. Still don t get all the Keeper talk.
    He‘s not even close to the new La Forge. Or do u refer to including the 3rd skill which is CMD?
    bjlm0qzu5nyi.jpeg

I always include the third skill when considering Voyages...its a little boost that can go a long way. It also gives the crew more flexibility in terms of where they can be seated (although I suppose that's not at all factored into these calculations lol).
  • Options
    bjlm0qzu5nyi.jpeg

As always, your overviews are nice ... but I personally like to compare like-for-like and I brought him up because it was stated that E. La Forge has a unique skill combo amongst 5*s (he doesn't).
    And if I'm not comparing E. La Forge with him it'll be with the likes of Mycelial Culber or Pollard (or Alternate Future Bashir) ... because voyages interest me most and with those skill combos they come into play for some difficult voyage combos.
    So ... I might want to use him in a SCI slot on a MED/CMD voyage, how does that compare with The Keeper ... they are close, how do traits compare? will that extra SCI be useful? etc.

Like I said in my original post, I can see a point for The Keeper being better, especially at 1/5, but for voyage stats (and shuttles), E. La Forge is kinda just better (142 points more, all on first and third skill), other than maybe if you really value traits.

Personally - Is E. La Forge worth 4 citations to out-do The Keeper? No, those 140 points don't do it for me, if they were all on CMD I'd consider it ... I'd rather cite up other crew I own.
    Is he someone interesting to own? sure ... but he'll end up being a 1/5 on my roster for quite some time because even the lesser crew I own are better in their current state and my crew has other priorities that need to be addressed ... e.g. Young Anya would have fit in better and would have certainly made a run for her.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Pollard useless at 1/5 and the Keeper useless at 2/5. (Also Twilight T'Pol and Torpedoe McCoy at 1/5 with med and science.) I do have Julia Tainer immortalized. I may just win the new Papa Laforge and flip a coin when I get citations.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    This event is such a massive yawn it's ridiculous.... I was hoping the stats would come out and I'd be like oh okay, at least it has that.... nope

IMO skirmishes have become an even bigger chore with the recent changes, while I do appreciate that I get to clear thresholds faster, it appears to me that you need to sink even more time into skirmishes than before.
  • Options
    I have Pollard useless at 1/5 and the Keeper useless at 2/5. (Also Twilight T'Pol and Torpedoe McCoy at 1/5 with med and science.) I do have Julia Tainer immortalized. I may just win the new Papa Laforge and flip a coin when I get citations.

Both The Keeper and that T'Pol can be gauntlet considerations, so them FE 1/5 is fine actually, depending on your crew you might just be able to leave them there and they'll be used anyway.

In my situation:
    I get a lot of use out of Pollard (immortal) on voyages, as I do with immortal T'Pol ... these two are "better" than my immortal The Keeper, who does get used, but not as much as them.
    I do not own Tainer nor that McCoy ... but I did recently immortalise Indulgent Seven, who has already been out on various voyages. Tainer has slipped down my "pick in a behold list", though I do see her raw value. Same goes for McCoy.

If I had all those crew (alongside E. La Forge) at 1/5 my coinflip would only have heads on both sides.
  • Options
    New ship is only a 3 seater.... is that a glitch or...?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groom Worf is definitely > Baby Q on the D'Orka. He initiates quicker.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    New ship is only a 3 seater.... is that a glitch or...?

That’s so strange, I doubt it will get used much in the arena.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at ~500k VP before I got my first 300 chron drop, a new record! May it stand, unchallenged, forever.

My previous record was 350k on the nose, and when my only goal was completing threshold. At least that was as hilarious as it was frustrating.
    IMO skirmishes have become an even bigger chore with the recent changes, while I do appreciate that I get to clear thresholds faster, it appears to me that you need to sink even more time into skirmishes than before.
    I'm noticing a slightly larger time sink, but it's a much easier time. For better or worse, I'm running through my int more regularly. This is satisfying, but also means I'm not building up such a large store I'm comfortable switching to regular missions with better drop rates.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    All the way up......

yepfkxb2uxhb.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    All the way up......

yepfkxb2uxhb.png

Well ... with a FE 3/4 Groom Worf on the roster ... at least I don't have to defrost my 2/5 Will Scarlett (DIP 536, SEC 714) the next time a Worf faction event rolls around ... wait a minuet ...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the way up......

yepfkxb2uxhb.png

Well ... with a FE 3/4 Groom Worf on the roster ... at least I don't have to defrost my 2/5 Will Scarlett (DIP 536, SEC 714) the next time a Worf faction event rolls around ... wait a minuet ...

Just finished my Worf at 4/4 (immorted):

Base: DIP 942/SEC 650
    w/Bonuses: DIP 1093/SEC 748
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    It was not intended for the IKS Negh'Var to only have 3 seats, this should get rectified some time next week.

Thanx, Shan!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish it didn't boot me out every other skirmish. I'm short 3000vp because I was bounced twice in one skirmish.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*