Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Sto’Vo’Kor Lost - 07/23

Comments

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Why would Groom Worf not be the legendary to match Klingon Bride Jadzia? And then a random one off La Forge gets a 5*. Really unexcited about these choices

Lol, I would think it was obvious. How would it empower Jadzia if Worf was a legendary? But it's probably just a coincidence.

It is odd though
  • Options
    Why would Groom Worf not be the legendary to match Klingon Bride Jadzia? And then a random one off La Forge gets a 5*. Really unexcited about these choices

I'm hoping this is because Worf and Dax will create a fusion card.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping this is because Worf and Dax will create a fusion card.

"Two Klingon Hearts" 5*
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »

Lol, I would think it was obvious. How would it empower Jadzia if Worf was a legendary? But it's probably just a coincidence.

It is odd though

Given that a lot of random one-off characters got the 5* treatment while some iconic main cast crew are only 4*, I’m not surprised the same has happened here.

What we should probably be grumpy about is that this is going to be yet another Worf with only some combination of COM/DIP/SEC. Maybe even a DIP/SEC two-skiller, whose only saving grace is a decent ship ability. Compare the relatively lukewarm interest for Groom Worf even before we know his stats versus the excitement people have for Midwife Worf, who likely would be MED/SEC/DIP, MED/COM/SEC, or some variation thereof. We could get a Lt. Commander Worf from that one DS9 episode where he has to coordinate O’Brien and his engineering team to keep the Defiant from exploding, with some kind of ENG skill, or even a Tactical Officer Worf from any number of TNG episodes that has a little SCI mixed in.

I won’t say Groom Worf isn’t collectible in his own right - he is, because that was a very nice episode - but he’s complete freezer bait unless he has a ship ability worth keeping around.
  • Options

It is odd though

Given that a lot of random one-off characters got the 5* treatment while some iconic main cast crew are only 4*, I’m not surprised the same has happened here.

What we should probably be grumpy about is that this is going to be yet another Worf with only some combination of COM/DIP/SEC. Maybe even a DIP/SEC two-skiller, whose only saving grace is a decent ship ability. Compare the relatively lukewarm interest for Groom Worf even before we know his stats versus the excitement people have for Midwife Worf, who likely would be MED/SEC/DIP, MED/COM/SEC, or some variation thereof. We could get a Lt. Commander Worf from that one DS9 episode where he has to coordinate O’Brien and his engineering team to keep the Defiant from exploding, with some kind of ENG skill, or even a Tactical Officer Worf from any number of TNG episodes that has a little SCI mixed in.

I won’t say Groom Worf isn’t collectible in his own right - he is, because that was a very nice episode - but he’s complete freezer bait unless he has a ship ability worth keeping around.

Worf from ‘Parallels’ would be good for SCI 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped caring over a month ago, due to the SDK debacle. I have no desire for the new cards this week. I lack motivation to play your game.

Fix it. Please. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm game as always. Hope to do well. Skirmish is my best event. Might even try a pack or two of I can get a bit more dilithium.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great artwork on Worf. Too bad he will vanish into the freezer as soon as the event is done. :/

Isn't that "Game of Thrones Worf"?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Great artwork on Worf. Too bad he will vanish into the freezer as soon as the event is done. :/

Didn’t you say that last week? :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

I will say it everytime, when TP releases a crew that should have been a legendary and has great art. :p
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

I will say it everytime, when TP releases a crew that should have been a legendary and has great art. :p

TP, are you listening to us?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

It is odd though

A very nice episode indeed, how ever I will always regard it as "the one after the epic they lost the station arc then got it back arc"
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    8bbdnqeaizci.jpg

Reminds me how/why Discovery turned so many people off within the first 5 minutes of their pilot episode... the two Klingons don't even appear to be from the same race, and that's a season 2 Klingon-orc!
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    8bbdnqeaizci.jpg

Reminds me how/why Discovery turned so many people off within the first 5 minutes of their pilot episode... the two Klingons don't even appear to be from the same race, and that's a season 2 Klingon-orc!

Who cares?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    8bbdnqeaizci.jpg

Who cares?

Not I. I got tired of that argument in 2018. It's time to move on.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Like so many others it would seem, I’m disappointed that Groom Worf isn’t a 5 star to match Jadzia. *Sigh*.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a 4*, his stats will probably be comparable to hers as an older, uh I mean “wiser”, card. That could be the balance wrg was seeking here.
  • Options
    Groom Worf at really looks great! Happy to have him, even if he will be pretty limited use.

Now let's finish out the set, because I REALLY want Groomsmen O'Brien and Bashir XD
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The “Kal'Hyah” Collection.
  • Options
    Let's be honest. If we are all happy with what happens on STT, then there's really a problem.
  • Options
    Only two skills for the new Worf, but one of them is his #2 DIP base.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so if we still ranked crew in tiers, where do we think Dr. Edward La Forge would rank?
  • Options
    one pull, got exactly what i needed :smile:

5syi1lzj0j77.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Dr. La Forge comes in at #56 Overall and #3 SCI/MED Voyager (1 point ahead of the far more useful Homesteader Janeway). His bases put him at #6 SCI/MED for shuttles and he's the only gold with SCI/MED/CMD in that order.

Seems like a mid-tier to me. His raw stats are solid, his unique skill combo is pleasant and gives him an opportunity to stand out, but barring an Exobiology mega, next week will probably be his only event.