Home The Bridge
Options

Edit: Enterprise Mega in August!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Pretty dissapointing Mega when it comes to the ranked legendary crew choices. Besides T‘Pol no ENT main characters. Not sure that helped revenue wise. 🤗

if shran is the final 5* i’m sure that’ll help :wink:

He's not. He's going to be the 4* next week. Hernandez will be the final 5*.

Seeing Jhamel's stats WRG is now 0-3 on compelling legendaries. Hopefully Hernandez is exciting next week, but it will be hard with her not being main cast. I can't remember the last mega where I've been this uninterested in the 5* crew.

Where did they post the Event Crew for the final Event? I missed it.

they didn’t yet...

Oh. Thanx. Interesting......

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻

yeah i think @AviTrek was speculating

Guess the label got forgotten. Since was stated like it was a confirmed thing.

My bad.

😺😸😺😸😺

Call it an informed speculation.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just basically agreed with me. I said I figured Shran would be the 4* for Jhamel's event with Reed as the existing. The two Romulans and Hernandez would probably be the final week.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty dissapointing Mega when it comes to the ranked legendary crew choices. Besides T‘Pol no ENT main characters. Not sure that helped revenue wise. 🤗

Seeing Jhamel's stats WRG is now 0-3 on compelling legendaries. Hopefully Hernandez is exciting next week, but it will be hard with her not being main cast. I can't remember the last mega where I've been this uninterested in the 5* crew.

Where did they post the Event Crew for the final Event? I missed it.

they didn’t yet...

Oh. Thanx. Interesting......

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻

yeah i think @AviTrek was speculating

Guess the label got forgotten. Since was stated like it was a confirmed thing.

My bad.

😺😸😺😸😺

Call it an informed speculation.

With Jhamel as the 5 🌟, Shran is logical for the new 4 🌟.

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhammy no double or triple whammy, but she might be a shuttle monster with 73 MED and DIP starting values. Thanks for making Jhamel a thing in STT! She's so cute. <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t think of a better way for this mega to end on a sour note than to have Shran be a 4* instead of 5*. As much as I appreciate Captain Hernandez...it’s Shran. He who is played by maybe one of the most beloved recurring guest stars in all of Trek history, whose popularity was so great we once got an all-Combs event. We can always get a 5* Mountain Climber Hernandez (COM/MED/DIP?) in the future.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t think of a better way for this mega to end on a sour note than to have Shran be a 4* instead of 5*. As much as I appreciate Captain Hernandez...it’s Shran. He who is played by maybe one of the most beloved recurring guest stars in all of Trek history, whose popularity was so great we once got an all-Combs event. We can always get a 5* Mountain Climber Hernandez (COM/MED/DIP?) in the future.

I just do not think TP will make two Andorians be the legendaries in a Mega that is about Enterprise and not Andorians. Would be cool especially if Shran is a diplomat but I do not expect it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Jhammy no double or triple whammy, but she might be a shuttle monster with 73 MED and DIP starting values. Thanks for making Jhamel a thing in STT! She's so cute. <3

Base Dip ends up around 1250 or so. Med around 1000.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Well, there is the "4 🌟 in a Galaxy, so most can FF" Factor. I believe was first pointed out as a plus for the Event with Shelby.

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Hernandez is the final Legendary. She's probably a CMD/DIP character, which isn't compelling in terms of stats. But I could definitely see getting a more interesting tertiary skill than SEC.

Jhamel being a two-skiller is disappointing, especially with so many voyage-able traits. She's also overshadowed by Alicia, who is a great card. But I'm still happy she's been added to the game.

I skipped T'Pol.

While not actually part of the mega, I'm unsurprisingly quite happy with the new Phlox. Now to get his borg wife added to the game!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel is an Aenar, Shran is an Andorian. There's still hopes that Shran is going to be a 5* and Captain Hernandez the 4* with the option of Meowntain Climber Hernandez as 5* as above mentioned which would make sense. :) The only downside is that there is already a Shran of each rarity 3* up to 5*, and having two 5* Shrans would purrhaps be a little bit too much for most players. However, the first Shran is super old and his stats are dusty. A new 5* Shran with really good voyage stats (similar to Koloth) in CMD-SEC-DIP would make up for the rather weak Shrans (except the 3* variant who rocks DIP on Sundays).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Jhamel is an Aenar, Shran is an Andorian. There's still hopes that Shran is going to be a 5* and Captain Hernandez the 4* with the option of Meowntain Climber Hernandez as 5* as above mentioned which would make sense. :) The only downside is that there is already a Shran of each rarity 3* up to 5*, and having two 5* Shrans would purrhaps be a little bit too much for most players. However, the first Shran is super old and his stats are dusty. A new 5* Shran with really good voyage stats (similar to Koloth) in CMD-SEC-DIP would make up for the rather weak Shrans (except the 3* variant who rocks DIP on Sundays).

Okay, this again. I thought we solved this the last time it was a discussion. For whatever reason it became a discussion. Just like Canadians and Germans are both Earthpeople, Blue Andorians and Aenar are both Andorians from the same planet. Not all Andorians are Aenar, but all Aenar are Andorians.

It's like saying tigers and lions can't both be from the same animal family, because they are different species within that same family.

All blackbirds are birds, but not all black birds are blackbirds.......

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻

😺😸🙀😸😺
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Okay, this again. I thought we solved this the last time it was a discussion. For whatever reason it became a discussion. Just like Canadians and Germans are both Earthpeople, Blue Andorians and Aenar are both Andorians from the same planet. Not all Andorians are Aenar, but all Aenar are Andorians.

It's like saying tigers and lions can't both be from the same animal family, because they are different species within that same family.

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻

😺😸🙀😸😺

They are not even different species just different subspecies and are genetically compatible as evidenced by:

uvbye9gq99qo.jpeg

And it is specifically said in the show that they are Andorians. Transcript of Enterprise episode The Aenar provided by http://www.chakoteya.net/Enterprise/90.htm

ARCHER: Come in.
    SHRAN: I just received a transmission. Our scientists identified the brain wave pattern.
    ARCHER: And?
    SHRAN: It's from my world, but it's not from any Andorian you'd know. It's Aenar. They're a kind of subspecies. Blind ice-dwellers. For most of our history, they were considered a myth, stories we told our children, but fifty years ago, they were discovered living in the Northern Wastes. They're extremely secretive. I can count on one hand the number of Andorians who've seen one face-to-face.

Maybe the confusion comes from that last line? The blue Andorians call themselves simply Andorians but would be in taxonomy something like Andor Andorian subspecies Andorian and the Aenar would be Andor Andorian subspecies Aenar.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited August 2020

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻

😺😸🙀😸😺

They are not even different species just different subspecies and are genetically compatible as evidenced by:

uvbye9gq99qo.jpeg

I know. Taxonomy was never my long-suit!!!!!!

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖

P.S. Note I avoided the obvious parallel example with Hoomans this time, that upset people the last time the issue came up!!!!! Since people had trouble just accepting the scientific point, without making it into something else!!!!!

🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

<cough><cough>
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talla would be a cute fusion character of the new 4* Shran and the new 5* Jhamel, wouldn't she? Obviously a 5* with CMD-DIP-MED. :) Also, Jhamel is at least the second best "Dip AND Med" combo for shuttles by a few points over other big shuttlers that have high DIP. Only Professor Sato is outdoing her in that regard, as far as I saw.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talla would be a cute fusion character of the new 4* Shran and the new 5* Jhamel, wouldn't she? Obviously a 5* with CMD-DIP-MED. :) Also, Jhamel is at least the second best "Dip AND Med" combo for shuttles by a few points over other big shuttlers that have high DIP. Only Professor Sato is outdoing her in that regard, as far as I saw.

Well, it‘s pretty obvious you like her and that‘s OK. :)

To me(and many others) she isn t worth chasing, let alone investing any cites or honor. Plenty other DIP/MED combo shuttle crew that are close by to her stats and are not 2 skill only crew.

If she had real monster stats, like DIP 1400+/MED 1100+ it would be a little different. And she has very little future event bonus crew value since she is not
    a main cast crew, but maybe we‘ll see an Andorian Mega sometime. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a card, I think Jhamel is fine. As a 2-skill crew, I look at how she can benefit me for daily shuttles. The DIP-MED combo comes up a lot in certain factions, for which I use Victorian Pulaski (the only reason she's unfrozen). Unless I misread the numbers, Jhamel would have to be 3/5 to displace Pulaski as my go-to card for this combo. I'm not planning to be top-15 in this event, so we'll see what happens with the wrap-up packs. If Jhamel gets to 2/5, she'll stick on my roster for the someday-potential of getting to 3/5. Otherwise, Shran did say the Aenar are ice-dwellers, right? It is very cold... in space.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happily putting in the effort to get Jhamel, but I don't see myself spending a citation on her. It looks like she'll do very well in her shuttle niche, but I've got the holiday McCoy at 4*, and campaign Sato at 4*, and I'd probably get more benefit from FF one of them.

Of course, I also dropped four citations on Defensive Phlox. Those stats are a big help for its own niche, MED/SEC voyages, but there's no question this was a vanity choice. Given that most of his value is in the gauntlet, and available at one star, I could have gotten more value spending those elsewhere.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Hernandez is the final Legendary. She's probably a CMD/DIP character, which isn't compelling in terms of stats. But I could definitely see getting a more interesting tertiary skill than SEC.

!

cmd eng
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options

I was thinking last night, since Kestra opened the door, that she might be a new Ranked 3 🌟 next week.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I was thinking last night, since Kestra opened the door, that she might be a new Ranked 3 🌟 next week.

that would be cool, although i think they’ll end up using expedition shran sadly
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d argue the door was only opened a bit - Kestra is still a teenager, and if we were to choose characters for a Boxcar Children In Space short story she would be the second-oldest behind Nog or Wesley. Talla would be the youngest, as the script notes say she was only four years old.

Even if Andorians mature faster than humans, that’s still well beyond the threshold of what would be reasonable. If the devs were unable to shake the idea that she needs to be introduced into the game as shown in that episode, she’d only make sense as a 1*, DIP-only crew with three traits: Andorian, Aenar, and Hologram.
  • Options
    Talla could also have the Prisoner trait. As half Aenar, would she have Telepath/Empath possibly?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Talla could also have the Prisoner trait. As half Aenar, would she have Telepath/Empath possibly?

As half definitely be an Empath like Troi.

6bwu25dqdjb8.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    A 1* with five traits, but no collection...yet. There are a lot of collections people want. Part of me is tempted to pull up the wanted thread, pick some of the most popular, and start a poll. Maybe With clear first, second, third choices, it would nudge the developers into adding a couple.
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭

She's small and blue so that probably qualifies her for the smurf trait as well.
  • Options

!

cmd eng

If that's the case, I will almost certainly skip recap packs.

Strange mega. First vaguely compelling story line in a long while, yet based on a series I typically dislike. Most of the cards are the few characters I enjoyed in ENT, so of course they are all worthless to my roster. 🤷
  • Options
    any ideas for the rerun/flashback after the mega?

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!