Home The Bridge
Options

Edit: Enterprise Mega in August!

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get this guy, who I always thought could have been future Archer for whatever reason

xj56m0czy0w4.jpeg

A mega with a man. It is clear, it is Mega Man.

ala4788ms07v.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get this guy, who I always thought could have been future Archer for whatever reason

xj56m0czy0w4.jpeg

A mega with a man. It is clear, it is Mega Man.

ala4788ms07v.jpeg

We don't actually know it is a man. You could get fined for that in New York. (Not that many sane people want to go to New York.)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone who guessed Enterprise-themed Mega, please collect your winnings: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16691/announcing-our-august-mega-event-the-capitoline-wolf#latest

Humanoid Figure should be an interesting recurring crew. What traits/skills could he possibly have?
    uskj2vpr0k2z.png

That is who I thought it was. Never was "revealed" who he/she/it/them was?!?!?

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Six comments and no one has mentioned the new Shran???

New Shran? I missed that!!!!!!
  • Options
    Unless I've missed it, there has not yet been one "faith of the heart" joke made. I always knew this forum had self-restraint. It just took ST: Ent to bring it out :)

xff200lflq38.jpg
  • Options
    The list has been updated with some of the missing people, but still missing Talas and still has Fesek. Also, if Augment Riker is really meant to be included, then I would expect Augment Picard and maybe Augment O'Brien should be too.

Oh, and please get the name right, it's Erika Hernandez.

Augment Picard’s artwork doesn’t show much of his Starfleet uniform but what is visible is definitely from the 2280s-2340s version rather than a 2150s-era jumpsuit.

And if memory serves of the Augment mega, Augment Commander O’Brien would be a modern creation rather than a creation from Enterprise’s time period.

Augment Riker, on the other hand, is wearing the same ratty outfit that Persis, Malik, Raakin, and the other “children“ of Arik Soong were wearing...although Riker is obviously normally from the 24th century, his apparent direct affiliation with that particular group of Augments makes the connection at least a little reasonable.

On another note, I know we already have the crew artwork for the mega posted but the next few weeks would be a great time to drop a new Talas in a Tuesday pack:

5* - Escape Artist Talas
    vhcod2snrr5q.jpeg

Skills: SEC/DIP/ENG

Traits: Andorian, Imperial Guard, Romantic, Crafty, Tactician, Casual, Prisoner, Duelist

I always loved that scene!!!!! Reminds me of the "Wrigley's Pleasure Planet" Red Shirt from TOS "The Man Trap". No matter how far mankind evolves in the next several hundred years, some things most likely will never change......

xj56m0czy0w4.jpeg

I always thought that the dropped Season Five would have revealed that. An Archer disconnected from time was manipulating the timeline. Trying to guide events down the right path. Putting that Klingon on a farm on Earth led to earlier launch of NX-01, which led to the Federation......
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superexcited about this Mega! It ticks all my boxes: Nice sequence and mix of event types (Skirmish first), ENT & great artwork. A main cast recurring would almost have been too much. But maybe they reveal it actually is Archer in the story? That would be fantastic.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I would love it if we could pick up EV suit crew from scans.

Someone post this to Make it So! I can volunteer to bump up the thread until it happens (or for as long as these forums exist :lol: )

• Options
    Superexcited about this Mega! It ticks all my boxes: Nice sequence and mix of event types (Skirmish first), ENT & great artwork. A main cast recurring would almost have been too much. But maybe they reveal it actually is Archer in the story? That would be fantastic.

I am totally with you here. I was never really into ENT until I watched the last 2 seasons I missed, and it was just getting pretty good when they pulled the plug.

Now, we just need some free crew slots before this begins! I am tired of freezing my Gold crew!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
    ubwjb7zeiseb.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Jhamel! <3

Edit: Why was my picture removed? I posted a screenshot of Jhamel! :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    i1fcbwgwnhxh.png

The eyes on the new crew, especially Narissa, Phlox, and the Ent uniform woman.

Compare with EV suit Tucker and Kirk.

It also looks more certain we will be getting an EV suit collection. I would love it if we could pick up EV suit crew from scans.

Art Department Quality Control.....

owtry6fic04m.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone whose seen the appropriate Enterprise documentary on the boxset knows who Humanoid Figure aka Future Guy is. But will he count as a variant of that crewman?
  • Options
    Anyone whose seen the appropriate Enterprise documentary on the boxset knows who Humanoid Figure aka Future Guy is. But will he count as a variant of that crewman?

Google also knows.......

2k10xu5d9tyw.jpg
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humanoid figure really, really needs to count as a version of . . .
    . . . Archer. Picard and Janeway have both been featured mega event legendaries. It’s Archer’s turn!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more curious I am what Humanoid Figure is going to look like as a crew. He has no species, no faction, no known profession or career skills. He doesn't strike me as particularly Resourceful, or as much of a Diplomat, or even a Tactician. Temporal Agent seems like the most likely existing trait, but also possibly Undercover Operative or Crafty? There's not much to work with here.

And then there's the skills. I wouldn't mind if he were a McCoy-esque single-skill crew, but for CMD. (All we ever seem him do is give orders.) But that seems awfully limiting for a recurring Mega crew. Maybe they could also add DIP and SCI, even though it's a stretch?
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more curious I am what Humanoid Figure is going to look like as a crew. He has no species, no faction, no known profession or career skills. He doesn't strike me as particularly Resourceful, or as much of a Diplomat, or even a Tactician. Temporal Agent seems like the most likely existing trait, but also possibly Undercover Operative or Crafty? There's not much to work with here.

And then there's the skills. I wouldn't mind if he were a McCoy-esque single-skill crew, but for CMD. (All we ever seem him do is give orders.) But that seems awfully limiting for a recurring Mega crew. Maybe they could also add DIP and SCI, even though it's a stretch?

I hope he has 3 skills, but I also can't think of much else than CMD. I'm saving a citation until Wednesday in case he has an interesting skill set, since some of the previous mega legendaries ended up having one that wasn't too obvious either.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMD is pretty certain to me. Beyond that...SEC? He was trying to "defend" the future? SCI for being a Time Lord? DIP for being an ambassador from the future?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engineering and medical are possible choices, because he (or she or it) helped the Suluban to "advance" genetically.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits- Temporal Agent, Brutal, and Criminal or Scoundrel maybe. Other ideas?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Costumed because he is cloaked in mystery. :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s my guess:

Skills - COM, SCI, MED

COM seems pretty solid, he was in effect the dictator of the Suliban government (as far as we know) and commanded Silik directly on many occasions. SCI for having the the technology to communicate across time also seems solid. I went with MED as the tertiary because he’s rarely diplomatic and is never really shown to have or need security skills, but in could see ENG instead because he or his people clearly had to build the tech to let him project his image into the past. However, I’m thinking MED over ENG because of the genetic modifications he provided for the Suliban.

Traits - Temporal Agent, Tactician, Desperate, Communicator, Theoretical Engineer, Cultural Figure

Temporal Agent is likely a slam dunk here. Tactician isn’t a great fit, as I seem as more of a strategist, but Tactician is an existing trait and Strategist is not. I would argue there is some desperation involved (solving your problems through time travel seems extreme), he does communicate as his primary function, being only able to project an image and sound through time instead of actually traveling seems like Theoretical Engineering is a better fit than some other traits, and the level of deference and servility that Silik and his crew show towards the Figure suggest he’s more than just their boss.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess: Mystery Man will be a riff on Surak; so some combination of Com, Dip, and Sci (Prime, Secondary, and Tertiary could be in any order). It'd be a nice bonus if they made him Gauntlet-useful too, but that's likely to be expecting too much.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Trying to project what Future Guy's skills should be based on canon is one approach, but plenty of crew have traits and skills that are questionable at best.

Is there a legendary with CMD + MED as primary and secondary skills? If not, maybe it's time for that. Tertiary could be anything, but I'd like ENG or SEC in this scenario. I'm not thrilled for another CMD primary, but I am interested in a rare skill order more than anything else.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I would say CMD/MED/ENG is logical. Now, whether TP/WRG will follow the logic of the series, or apply Skills & Traits that are consistent with the needs of the game and their sense of in-game "balance" is another matter.

CMD Primary makes sense because he/she/they were telling the Suliban what to do.
    MED Secondary for the genetic engineering, with appears to be pretty advanced.
    ENG {or perhaps SCI} Tertiary for building a time machine. Even if it could only project an Avatar into the past, instead of an actual person. {Or maybe what was happening was the Future Guy was physically inside the temporal energy "tube", but could not leave it in his/her/their "past".}

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿