Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Big Sting (rerun) - 11/26

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Big Sting (rerun)
Event Type: Faction Event (shuttle missions)
Event Crew: Carlos Data 5* (New), Gangster Kirk 5* (Existing), Detective Dixon Hill 4* (Existing), and Anastasia Komananov 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 11/26 until Monday 11/30 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Booker and Grudge (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/03.

Event Faction: Bajoran, Romulan Empire, Maquis

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Data, Kirk, J-L Picard, and Kira

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic. GOD SO MANY BONUS CREW. Thrilled to get another star on my OG Kirk.
  • Options
    That's a lot of potential event crew
  • Options
    Is Grudge that fat kitten? 😱🙈

Great choice btw, i luv Booker. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see Manchester Booker already - I really hope they get around to using David Ajala properly in Disco.

So... does Data Q count as a variant of Data? :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Kirk will be a 400k threshold?
  • Options
    Hey Shan! Frederick La Rouque was event crew in the second running of this event. Is he still event crew in this third running of the event? And can we can him for the 400K threshold instead of Gangster Kirk? Selfishly, I already have that Kirk immortalized. Thanks!
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Nice to see Manchester Booker already - I really hope they get around to using David Ajala properly in Disco.

Data Q has counted as a variant of Data in at least one previous event, that I can recall.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda called it! :D This will be the first event where I have almost all the event crew immortalized (Carlos Data being the odd one out). Is this the first three-time rerun?

I, too, am interested in knowing if Frederick La Rouque will count as event crew; he's done nothing for me since this last event, so any use will be good in my opinion.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Expedition with Data and the Professor has been run three times and maybe one or two others. I'll pass on the pack though. Dix will need thawed and AK is nearly done.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

They don't really use most of the actors properly in that show
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting them mixed up. Will we get Kirk at 400K?
  • Options

hopefully 🤞
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    If it’s a rerun then yes we should
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being a re-run, I salivate at the thought of sending my army of Kirks on 95+% shuttles all weekend long. :smiley:
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    JayBeezy wrote: »

Data Q has counted as a variant of Data in at least one previous event, that I can recall.

Thanks! Just froze a second last week, and they both might make the cut if i go all-in. :smile:
    Hey Shan! Frederick La Rouque was event crew in the second running of this event. Is he still event crew in this third running of the event? And can we can him for the 400K threshold instead of Gangster Kirk? Selfishly, I already have that Kirk immortalized. Thanks!

Nooooo! My 3/5 Gangster Kirk demands satisfaction!

But my Frederick La Crewslot could also see some use. Make him bonus (small or big) and stick him in the thresholds at 450K!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    To thaw or not to thaw.
    Dix is in stasis, along with Admiral Picard, Incognito Kirk, Evil Kirk, and Niners Kira.
    I'll need Dix for sure, but Nexus Kirk is my only other immortal Kirk, that's my only finished Kira (AK is 4/4 lvl 90 and will be done soon), and I have 2 Immortal gold Picard (Mirror and P&#1) out. Slim pickings for a faction.
    Besides AK, I should be able field two immortal gold Datas (Age of Sail and Scrooge), by next week. That will raise my number of immortal golds to twenty. Gangster Kirk is 2/5*, but nearly FE. Commander Kira is the same. RP Kirk is FE, but 1/5* for now. Several FF purple Picards I could work on and some 1/5 Golds of him and Kirk. Data and Kira are two of the crew I don't have many choices for period. I only have four Kiras, counting the 2*, and not a lot of Data considering how many variants there are - just the 2 campaign 5*s and maybe 3 4*s counting Data Q. I'm going to be scrounging to build a viable roster all week. I can feel it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    EnderW wrote: »
    Is this the first three-time rerun?

No there are a couple of really old events with multiple 5*s that have already been run 3 times.

- They Came From the Holodeck
    - The Trouble with Klingons
    - The Game's Afoot

are ones that come to mind.

I always wondered how they would deal with the multiple 5* situation ... yes FLR should be present somewhere ...
    - bonuses
    - as another threshold tier ... haveing either Kirk OR FLR is going to irritate sections of the playerbase ... for example, I couldn't care less for FLR, as I don't have him, but would love to add a star to Kirk ... plenty will be in the opposite position. So really they've worked themselves into a bit of a corner here.
    - an event pack with 3 5*s and 2 4*s ... wow, complicated. :)
    - etc.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Grudge that fat kitten? 😱🙈

Great choice btw, i luv Booker. 👍🏻

He has his own gravity well.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    What incantation do I have to chant to summon a response from Shan on my La Rouque question?
  • Options
    What incantation do I have to chant to summon a response from Shan on my La Rouque question?

"Wait till the weekend's over"?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s clear based on the announcement he’s not event crew.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s clear based on the announcement he’s not event crew.

Wouldn't be the first time that something was left out of the announcement as an oversight. And I'll send a DM to Shan on Monday asking for clarification; no point bothering her on the weekend over a small issue that isn't relevant to the present event.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Simplest way to remember, is the reward the week before a new crew or an old crew. If there was a new 5* added, then the old 5* is 400k threshold. If the old crew was the rank reward the week before, then that crew won't be repeated with another one in threshold.
  • Options
    Any chance they flip the threshold rewards to Anastasia?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance they flip the threshold rewards to Anastasia?

Usually they flip them.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have guessed the opposite.