Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Big Sting (rerun) - 11/26

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that no one has updated the top voyagers list. Where does the new Data fit? Trying to decide if citations are warranted.

Datacore says 15th best voyager. https://datacore.app/crew/data_carlos_crew/
    It seems that no one has updated the top voyagers list. Where does the new Data fit? Trying to decide if citations are warranted.

I update this one as soon as stats are out. Carlos Data #21

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1czPEYhyNszsx7BqzYsbicAHKK15w4hjTmYiSp_jKsgg/edit#gid=0

I must have a different sheet link saved. Thank you for reporting. These reports don't match, but they both agree that he is very good. What is the methodology difference used in these desperate determinations?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datacore is before bonuses, other is after all stat bonuses applied.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Despite being a re-run, I salivate at the thought of sending my army of Kirks on 95+% shuttles all weekend long. :smiley:

Now I have to decide how many Dix's to thaw...I think there are 4 in the freezer. :D

4? Whoa...I’m not thawing mine this time because he’s not in the top three event/bonus crew in his top skill pair. Outside of the kickstart, I didn’t use him at all in the last run of this event, so might as well spend those merits elsewhere.

Ummm... Dixon Hill, yeah the one on the right in the picture? The top event crew? Why not?
    I understand his general skillset is not the best, but with 3x stats he will still be in the top picks.

I may only defrost 2 of him, as I have almost 30 event crew otherwise.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being a re-run, I salivate at the thought of sending my army of Kirks on 95+% shuttles all weekend long. :smiley:

Now I have to decide how many Dix's to thaw...I think there are 4 in the freezer. :D

4? Whoa...I’m not thawing mine this time because he’s not in the top three event/bonus crew in his top skill pair. Outside of the kickstart, I didn’t use him at all in the last run of this event, so might as well spend those merits elsewhere.

Ummm... Dixon Hill, yeah the one on the right in the picture? The top event crew? Why not?
    I understand his general skillset is not the best, but with 3x stats he will still be in the top picks.

According to my spreadsheet, here are my top COM/DIP crew for the event in order from strongest to weakest:

Gangster Kirk
    Scrooge Data
    Enterprise-E Picard
    Age of Sail Data
    Detective Dixon Hill

And for good measure, here are my top DIP/SEC options:

Rura Penthe Kirk
    Gangster Kirk
    Anastasia Komananov
    Enterprise-E Picard
    Wrathful Kirk
    Detective Dixon Hill

I won’t write out the full list of COM/SEC crew because even out of only those already have out or intend to thaw, Dix only is the ninth-best option.

In any case, having a huge stable of immortal legendaries makes power-creeped 4* crew, even with the full event bonus, completely superfluous for me. Anastasia Komananov is the only 4* I’m thawing out this time around.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think he is worth defrosting for me....his strongest skill (dip) comes in at rank 11 for my event/bonus crew. I will wait and see the crew makeup of the shuttles before I make a call.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was very useful. I don't have a lot of immortal golds, but two of those twenty are those two Datas. I thawed Dix and a couple other purple variants just because I don't have many gold options.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m in the same situation with Det. Hill - he’s my 7th best Dip-Cmd option even with his 3x bonus. He’ll be on some overnight shuttles (probably?), but not much else. When the event was announced, I reflexively defrosted one of my Prospero Datas before running the numbers - he’s only my 8th best Dip, so I’m not sure he’ll even get a seat.

This is a great event to get good percentages since most players likely have a decent group of bonus crew with all the main cast 4* options. For some of us though, those solid 4* cards are mostly useless this time. That’s a relatively new phenomenon for my roster, which I suppose I should be happy about. It’s just a little weird too.
  • Options
    I always defrost 3x Bonus Shuttle crew. Often you get surprised of how much good use they are, even if u have a great roster. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always defrost 3x Bonus Shuttle crew. Often you get surprised of how much good use they are, even if u have a great roster. 🤗

Especially when it comes to the extra shuttles needing to be manned.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I found Booker’s grudge, it is having no picture.

sgpzm859haqu.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, the header for the event announcement accidentally says it’s a skirmish event.
  • Options
    Any chance a mistake was made with these proficiencies on Booker and Grudge? I'm used to seeing one low proficiency, but his main is middling at best and both secondary and tertiary proficiencies are low. He's going to be a pretty dismal voyager for a new gold if they're correct, basically a pale imitation of Maquis Takeover Seska. I love Booker and am hopeful one of those profs is supposed to be higher...

CMD 1309 (147 - 332), ENG 998 (96 - 194), SEC 520 (81 - 172)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's got a top 5 CMD base, and the base ENG puts him at top 3 for CMD/ENG shuttles but the rest is pretty middling. And a 14 second initialization for his ship ability? Ouch.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

sgpzm859haqu.png

Is it still an issue for you after a restart, and what platform are you using?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCPilot wrote: »
    Any chance a mistake was made with these proficiencies on Booker and Grudge? I'm used to seeing one low proficiency, but his main is middling at best and both secondary and tertiary proficiencies are low. He's going to be a pretty dismal voyager for a new gold if they're correct, basically a pale imitation of Maquis Takeover Seska. I love Booker and am hopeful one of those profs is supposed to be higher...

His outfit proficiencies don't look right. they're wildly inconsistent with each other and need a second look. EV Suit Spock's were broken too at first
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Shan wrote: »

sgpzm859haqu.png

Yes still not seeing his image in the event page after restarting the app on iOS. The pack and event crew deals are also not showing the people.

6z9tveeupgtl.png

aaebfvdgf0oy.jpeg

x8bvo6w92cqj.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

sgpzm859haqu.png

Yes still not seeing his image in the event page after restarting the app on iOS. The pack and event crew deals are also not showing the people.

6z9tveeupgtl.png

aaebfvdgf0oy.jpeg

x8bvo6w92cqj.jpeg

Are you on 7.6.3?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be fixed now @(HGH)Apollo :)
  • Options
    Should be fixed now @(HGH)Apollo :)

Yay! It works now, thanks.

zblakemw6zgm.png

moxyos35499b.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCPilot wrote: »

His outfit proficiencies don't look right. they're wildly inconsistent with each other and need a second look. EV Suit Spock's were broken too at first

Have to echo this. If there is a mistake with his equipment (or if it's intended), knowing before event start is essential.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, for Carlos as a voyager...

I ONLY look at pair ratings for crew. But I also factor in the “other” skill at a 1/3 rate to better approximate voyage usefulness.

Using my calc, Carlos is the #2 Med/Sci voyager behind Tainer. The caveat here is that Med/Sci is SUPER deep, and there are probably 13 or 14 STRONG Med/Sci voyage crew in the game. So while he has good numbers, his skill set is easily replaceable with little step down in effectiveness.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked about Booker and Grudge and while the SEC proficiency will be smoothed over with the next server update, it won't change much. SEC proficiency will be (82-180) instead of (81-172).

Thanks for a timely answer! Happy Thanksgiving :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the empath here, Booker or the 'cat'? Did I miss something, or is this a spoiler?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Who is the empath here, Booker or the 'cat'? Did I miss something, or is this a spoiler?

I have been wondering the same thing! Did I miss something?
    I thought he was human?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, didn't Daniels talk about even the most human humans having an alien ancestor or two by his time on Enterprise? Could Booker maybe have one of the empathic/telepathic species somewhere in his ancestry? Cat are good about reading people though. Mine has been very clingy. We lost our potbelly pig in the night. He was seventeen, at least.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

It's a plot point from the season premiere. Won't give more details due to (minor) spoilers, but it definitely fits.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't paying too much attention, but I believe I opened more than 8 Bajoran missions. FYI for those squeezing the last drop out of a kick start.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I wasn't paying too much attention, but I believe I opened more than 8 Bajoran missions. FYI for those squeezing the last drop out of a kick start.

Yup! It's a rerun from back when it used to be 10 missions per faction. Kinda nice, because the kickstart gets you up to 4k VP straight away!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Bajoran shuttles have three 3-seaters. I've been running 7 missions every 1.5 hours.