Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Big Sting (rerun) - 11/26

124»

Comments

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the empath here, Booker or the 'cat'? Did I miss something, or is this a spoiler?

I have been wondering the same thing! Did I miss something?
    I thought he was human?

"he has the ability to connect and communicate with nature on a conscious level. It’s unclear if this is an inherited alien trait or a deliberate enhancement that his family introduced at some point — Book seems otherwise human" - Trekcore

That makes him some sort of telepath
    zfb6y3ra02td.jpg
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh, so many Picards, Datas, Kirks and Kiras, haven't used Carlos on a shuttle since the kick start....
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Sigh, so many Picards, Datas, Kirks and Kiras, haven't used Carlos on a shuttle since the kick start....

Yep. He went on one of my extra shuttles that I send out for 9 hours. He couldn't make one of my main 4 shuttles.
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Who is the empath here, Booker or the 'cat'? Did I miss something, or is this a spoiler?

I thought he was human?

"he has the ability to connect and communicate with nature on a conscious level. It’s unclear if this is an inherited alien trait or a deliberate enhancement that his family introduced at some point — Book seems otherwise human" - Trekcore

zfb6y3ra02td.jpg

Thank you! I forgot about this scene. I may need to rewatch this season again especially with a new Disco Mega starting.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Also, the Bajoran shuttles have three 3-seaters. I've been running 7 missions every 1.5 hours.

Thank you, I’m switching to Bajorans.

There’s a seat that has sci eng that I’ve been using him on.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

I used him a couple times, but that was when I had 9 shuttles going. I'm down to 7 at a time and he is resting. I was planning to cite him, but I may not. I switched to my 2* Kirk for shared crew.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

It's a plot point from the season premiere. Won't give more details due to (minor) spoilers, but it definitely fits.

Could you please enlighten me via PN? Maybe this got lost in the synchronization?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

I thought he was human?

zfb6y3ra02td.jpg

Hell I forgot that too! Thanks!

Telepathic animal communication is not what I consider an empath though, but I can forgive that when it comes to additional traits. :D
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought he was human?

People assumed Goose was a cat.........

But, wasn't it established in the season premiere that Booker has empathic connection to animals? And maybe plants?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I thought he was human?

But, wasn't it established in the season premiere that Booker has empathic connection to animals? And maybe plants?

Yeah, I forgot about that little 30 second scene. And they haven't done anything else with it. There's been a lot going on everywhere else!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    This event is tough. The numbers are so high.

I have over 700K VP and am in the 900s. I hope this isn't another 2020 "new normal" garbage thing.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I have over 700K VP and am in the 900s. I hope this isn't another 2020 "new normal" garbage thing.

I looked at the last faction event because a couple folks in my fleet were thinking about going for the top 25. Well this week, the top 25 hit that mark with 22 hours remaining in the event. I'd say this one is just really competitive.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't checked the leaderboard in a while, who is winning?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked at the last faction event because a couple folks in my fleet were thinking about going for the top 25. Well this week, the top 25 hit that mark with 22 hours remaining in the event. I'd say this one is just really competitive.

There's obviously a lot of cat people out there.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s people having lots of event crew during a holiday weekend.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just happy to be above 2000. That is a decent finish for me. I had between five and nine shuttles out the whole time and most succeeded. There are either five or six out now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    That last 60 seconds was a slaughter at the cut-off point. I dropped to almost 1600 in the last minute from low 1400s. I actually had to 5-star boost and dilithium-finish 3 shuttles to get under 1500, which I almost never do.

7 Minutes to Go:
    35yz95upeuja.png

1500 at Finish
    qvxe0iof0vae.png

Just under the wire:
    cidkpblijwke.png
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s people having lots of event crew during a holiday weekend.

Exactly. Third run of an event with four main cast bonus crew, plus a relative dearth of recent faction events to reduce stockpiles of boosts, plus a US holiday. I suspect these numbers were more one-off than the new normal, but we shall see.
  • Options
    That was crazy. I was all in to help a squad member get the top 50 achievement.

I pushed just hard enough to come up just short. However, I’m proud of my squad for our high finish!

iz70henzkb2r.png
  • Options
    Wow. About 100K more than usual.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought he was human?

Yeah, I forgot about that little 30 second scene. And they haven't done anything else with it. There's been a lot going on everywhere else!
    Sea Locusts
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?