Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Big Sting (rerun) - 11/26

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance they flip the threshold rewards to Anastasia?

Usually they flip them.

They used to flip them, I don't think they've done that for a while. Could go either way.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Any chance they flip the threshold rewards to Anastasia?

Usually they flip them.

They used to flip them, I don't think they've done that for a while. Could go either way.

Someone made a post about this a few months ago but I can't find it. IIRC it's about a 60/40 split, in favour of them being flipped. But that's for reruns - I believe flashbacks are, by design, not flipped.
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Big Sting (rerun)
    Event Type: Faction Event (shuttle missions)
    Event Crew: Carlos Data 5* (New), Gangster Kirk 5* (Existing), Detective Dixon Hill 4* (Existing), and Anastasia Komananov 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 11/26 until Monday 11/30 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Booker and Grudge (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/03.

Event Faction: Bajoran, Romulan Empire, Maquis

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Data, Kirk, J-L Picard, and Kira

i9utxxujqq8j.png

things don't match.... and the times are swapped... I think PM for first and AM for second?

I am so confused.... good night lol

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekka wrote: »
    Event Crew: Carlos Data 5* (New), Gangster Kirk 5* (Existing), Detective Dixon Hill 4* (Existing), and Anastasia Komananov 4* (Existing)

Ranked Reward 5*: Booker and Grudge (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/03.

Bonus crew:

i9utxxujqq8j.png

things don't match.... and the times are swapped... I think PM for first and AM for second?

Um, what? You're pointing at two different things: you're quoting the announcement for the event that is running next weekend (Thurs to Mon, noon to noon eastern US); but your image is of the info for the campaign that starts on Thursday and runs for most of December. Those things are different, though they do overlap a little.

The one thing you did catch in your image is that the campaign announcement should say it is starting at 12am, midnight, on Thursday; the 1am is probably a hold over from DST and just a mistake. Everything else is correct though. If I'm mistaken, or if I'm missing something, could you clarify?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

Bonus crew:

i9utxxujqq8j.png

Um, what? You're pointing at two different things: you're quoting the announcement for the event that is running next weekend (Thurs to Mon, noon to noon eastern US); but your image is of the info for the campaign that starts on Thursday and runs for most of December. Those things are different, though they do overlap a little.

The one thing you did catch in your image is that the campaign announcement should say it is starting at 12am, midnight, on Thursday; the 1am is probably a hold over from DST and just a mistake. Everything else is correct though. If I'm mistaken, or if I'm missing something, could you clarify?

Actually, due to DST, the current campaign will end one hour later. As a result the next campaign (Let it snow) will start one hour later. The times are correct in the announcement.

@Bekka Everything looks right in both the announcement and event info.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, copied from announcement;

"The Family Reunion campaign will start on Thursday, October 29 at 1 am ET (05:00 UTC), and end on Wednesday, November 25 at 11:59 pm ET (Thursday, November 26 at 04:59 UTC).

This particular campaign will run one hour shorter than usual due to daylight savings time coming to end in the USA on November 1."

This error happens from time to time. It seems most of the time Shan copy/pastes the last announcement as her template and then makes necessary changes. From time to time little things slip past like listing the Author doctor as 5* because Culber had been in that position the event before. Obviously, Shan copied the last one, deleted the one hour short note, changed the name and dates but forgot to adjust the start time.
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    how am I missing this and no one else sees what I see lol...
    11/26 = November 26th - Crew = Data/Gangster Kirk/Dixon

In game mail:
    November 26th = 11/26 - Crew = Shran and Rura Kirk

mm3jpuoxjjd7.png

Both Shran and RPKirk are current right.. I have RPKirk so he can't be a 5* for the mega right...

This event is a rerun - reruns aren't usually part of a mega event...

I just must be having a really blond moment here... lol
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

In game mail:

mm3jpuoxjjd7.png

Both Shran and RPKirk are current right.. I have RPKirk so he can't be a 5* for the mega right...

Ok, I'm not trying to be jerk here, I swear I'm trying to help you out. You're equating the monthly December Campaign, which is called "Let It Snow" and has Ransom Shran and RPKirk as the featured cards, with this week's rerun event, the Big Sting (which has event crew of Carlos Data, Gangster Kirk, Dixon Hill, and Anastasia Komananov). These are separate things; they are not connected. The only thing they have in common is that they start on the same calendar day (this Thursday, November 26th). But they are starting at different times: the event starts at noon eastern US time (17.00 UTC); the campaign starts at the daily reset, which is midnight eastern time (or 5.00 UTC).

I also see you're asking about the December Mega. That doesn't start this week; it should start next week. We still don't know anything about this upcoming Mega Event; RPKirk could be a bonus crew, maybe he's not. We should be getting the details some time this week (I would bet on Wednesday, since Thursday is the Thanksgiving holiday here in the States).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Bonus crew:

i9utxxujqq8j.png

Actually, due to DST, the current campaign will end one hour later. As a result the next campaign (Let it snow) will start one hour later. The times are correct in the announcement.

@Bekka Everything looks right in both the announcement and event info.

I don't know where you live, and if you're in Australia/New Zealand that just started DST, that could be correct. But for the sake of not confusing other players, for people in the northern hemisphere that just ended DST, the campaign will end/start one hour EARLIER in local time.

The campaigns are timed to change with the reset of daily missions. Whatever time that is in your local timezone is when the current campaign will end and the next one will begin.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many actuallys.
  • Options
    How about a Tellarite?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

In game mail:

mm3jpuoxjjd7.png

Short answer, campaign and event are not the same thing.

Long answer, see EnderW's reply above.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonus crew:

I don't think this particular thing has come up before? Android Kirk will count as a Kirk? Like Data Q counts as Data and Q?

✋🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🖖🏼
    ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that no one has updated the top voyagers list. Where does the new Data fit? Trying to decide if citations are warranted.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that no one has updated the top voyagers list. Where does the new Data fit? Trying to decide if citations are warranted.

Datacore says 15th best voyager. https://datacore.app/crew/data_carlos_crew/
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Any suggestions on which Data/Kirk/Picard/Kira super-rares to thaw, other than the named event crew?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Is Carlos Data getting added to the big goodbye collection with the rest of the Dixon Hill characters ?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    o3izmgygd6ug.jpeg

I usually make a list of the 4* crew, the number is the rank GoT bot shows for their rarity. I also listed crew that don’t come up in a search. The rank does not assess their skill set.
  • Options
    Despite being a re-run, I salivate at the thought of sending my army of Kirks on 95+% shuttles all weekend long. :smiley:

Now I have to decide how many Dix's to thaw...I think there are 4 in the freezer. :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

I update this one as soon as stats are out. Carlos Data #21

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1czPEYhyNszsx7BqzYsbicAHKK15w4hjTmYiSp_jKsgg/edit#gid=0
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being a re-run, I salivate at the thought of sending my army of Kirks on 95+% shuttles all weekend long. :smiley:

Now I have to decide how many Dix's to thaw...I think there are 4 in the freezer. :D

4? Whoa...I’m not thawing mine this time because he’s not in the top three event/bonus crew in his top skill pair. Outside of the kickstart, I didn’t use him at all in the last run of this event, so might as well spend those merits elsewhere.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »
    Confirming that La Rouque will not provide a bonus for this event.

That is disappointing. What other purpose does a one-off character like that have, but to show up during a re-run or flashback and be useful?

How is that different from every other one off character? Kelis? Leila Kalomi? T'Pring?

It's also like asking why Penk isn't bonus in a Shran event? Other than sharing the same actor, they are two completely different characters.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    JayBeezy wrote: »
    Confirming that La Rouque will not provide a bonus for this event.

That is disappointing. What other purpose does a one-off character like that have, but to show up during a re-run or flashback and be useful?

How is that different from every other one off character? Kelis? Leila Kalomi? T'Pring?
    Wouldn't those characters get a bonus in their re-run or flashback?
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It's also like asking why Penk isn't bonus in a Shran event? Other than sharing the same actor, they are two completely different characters.
    Fun trivia: La Rouque was not played by William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Nana Visitor or Brent Spiner. In fact, he was played by Gul Dukat actor Marc Alaimo!

Another fun fact: La Rouque was event crew with a high bonus the last time we had "The Big Sting" as an event. Expecting him to have some sort of bonus in this event is completely understandable, and it would have been a nice gesture for a fairly useless character!

Counterpoint: this event is The Big Sting #3 rather than The Big Sting #2 #2, a re-re-run of the original rather than a re-run of the re-run.

Now, should that matter? Certainly not if it were only La Rouque that was in question - adding an unprecedented fifth event crew wouldn’t unbalance the event that much because so few people likely have him. Could there be more of a problem if the first re-run’s new crew were widely available or brought with them a monster variant list? Maybe...but even then, maybe don’t include all the variants for bonus crew and call it a day.