Home The Bridge
Options

TP is Scrooge

Please change Tilting Point to Bah Humbug. No Christmas deals??? Except for a 10% Dil deal? OMG TP, you missed out on an opportunity from many players. I guess you are looking for an investment that will lose money? 12 Days of Deals was really nice last year, but this year was the games worst year imo. Evidently TP truly is Scrooge

At least I can say Merry Christmas to everyone. Or Happy Holidays. Or Season's Greetings. But I won't say that to TP/WRG

Princess Tristmas

Comments

• Options
    It's not Christmas here in the States yet. Xmas surprise queued up?
  • Options
    Can only agree!

Question is will they get visited by the 3 ghosts? And subsequently change and give away stuff in the morning :D

Still Happy holidays to all
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not compare them to Scrooge! Once he realized that he was wrong, he went out his way to make things right. Expect no such change of heart from TP.

Also your greeting is not inclusive enough it didn't say Happy Kwanzaa or boxing day... For shame!

Brat!

lol, Merry Christmas Homeless <3<3 🍷
  • Options
    @Veterinary Phlox True about the campaign but the deals weren’t announced as anything special. I agree with Trista that leading up to Christmas has been disappointing but we can hope for something extra special tomorrow 🖖🖖🖖🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    @Veterinary Phlox True about the campaign but the deals weren’t announced as anything special. I agree with Trista that leading up to Christmas has been disappointing but we can hope for something extra special tomorrow 🖖🖖🖖🖖

Agreed, the campaign extras were a welcome surprise and much appreciated. However, I thought TP would have an official announcement of something leading up to Christmas. As echoed earlier, they might be saving up for Christmas Day or Convergence Day. There may still be goodness yet to come. LLAP
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to laugh when the deals would expire before Christmas when people would usually get gift cards.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not compare them to Scrooge! Once he realized that he was wrong, he went out his way to make things right. Expect no such change of heart from TP.

Also your greeting is not inclusive enough it didn't say Happy Kwanzaa or boxing day... For shame!

Or Festive Festivus!!!!!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    Seems some people missed the point of A Chrismas Carol, aka the Scrooge story. You know, about how being greedy is bad, and that we should appreciate what we have gotten instead of always wanting more. :p

Just so I have this right. You believe the point was that Bob Cratchet didn't want more and better for his family? I will grant that Bob learned to appreciate what he had better than most people who had more, but he didn't deny himself the desire for more. He wanted a raise to better support his family. It's easy to not appreciate what you have the more you have. Having more isn't wrong, but what's the point of collecting things and money if no one respects or cares for you? If you want to stand on people's backs, you don't want them to decide to pull you down.

Your take away would apply only to the character of Scrooge (and by extension to the topic, TP). The message of the story against greed is aimed at the rich not the poor. Chuck wasn't telling the masses to divest themselves of possessions and be happy with less. Greed isn't simply wanting more than you have. Only the rich would see the poor wanting more as greedy. It's curious that some people would see the extended lesson as intended not to extend to TP. Why admonish the crowd for greed, but not the company? An odd contradiction, no? Why would the take away of the story be to leave the powerful alone to swim in their money vault?
  • Options
    OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    TP is going to give us all a free lump of coal avatar at noon :p

Itll only be a 1* lump of coal though :D

And half way through immortalising it, the art work will be withdrawn and changed unexpectedly ...

Happy Christmas/holidays Trekkers.
  • Options
    OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    Please change Tilting Point to Bah Humbug. No Christmas deals??? Except for a 10% Dil deal? OMG TP, you missed out on an opportunity from many players. I guess you are looking for an investment that will lose money? 12 Days of Deals was really nice last year, but this year was the games worst year imo. Evidently TP truly is Scrooge

At least I can say Merry Christmas to everyone. Or Happy Holidays. Or Season's Greetings. But I won't say that to TP/WRG

Princess Tristmas

I agree with you 100% Trista. One would think after the recent foul ups discussed widely across these boards, WRTP would be falling over themselves to make amends to the loyal customers with offers and deals.

Instead there is nothing.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    All 5 Christmas books were a concerted effort by Dickens to showcase the plight of the poor in England and London in particular and to try to get the rich to be more generous.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    wow nothing for xmas this year ? not even half off dabo spins . bogus
  • Options
    Thanks for the Xmas gift Toilet Paper! You made my New Years resolution an easy one! Free to Play for as long as you last!
  • Options
    Wow.....I was expecting something at 9:00 (my time) which is the usual time that stuff happens.... I guess my hopes were up too high :frowning:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    starfox wrote: »
    wow nothing for xmas this year ? not even half off dabo spins . bogus

not even a auto email wishing peace to all human-kind! bah humbug!
  • Options
    I expected nothing else hoping in secret to be wrong and surprised by something but nope. It's interesting how the people that run the game have close to no clue how to make

A: money out of it

And

B: deveope it

Thanks TP and merry Christmas
  • Options
    I was expecting something today, even restarted the game but nothing 🙁.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    x7pi4scyksgn.jpeg

No, this is Scrooge.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
  • Options

I will disappoint you, there will be no further news for sure until Monday or Tuesday, and even that we still don't know if it's what we want or not. After all, not everyone is able to invest money on a constant and permanent basis.
This discussion has been closed.