Home The Bridge
Options

Skirmish Event discussion thread: Satyr and Swan - ME#1 (02/04)

13»

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I find this strange. Creating a weak SR where you can only get 3 stars. Who will actually try and get her with the limited crew space? I am a new player and I will just airlock here. There are better SR and easier to get to 4 stars. Buying the fourth star cost 18K honor. That is at least 12 days saving for me. I can use my precious honor much better.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    I find this strange. Creating a weak SR where you can only get 3 stars. Who will actually try and get her with the limited crew space? I am a new player and I will just airlock here. There are better SR and easier to get to 4 stars. Buying the fourth star cost 18K honor. That is at least 12 days saving for me. I can use my precious honor much better.

As a new player, particularly if VIP0, you have to make those choices. She'll be in the portal in 6 months to a year.

I have moved beyond that, personally. But it took a long time. I save my citations from campaigns for fuse crew or crew that will immediately benefit me.

Advice: save all your dilithium. Eventually there will be a crew slot sale. When it comes, get as many as you can. Save any portal pulls, also, until you have found, fused, and frozen all the 1, 2, and 3 star crew. (Assuming you want the collections and dilithium from the achievements, and assuming you have cadets maxed. ) Unless you are getting desired 3* crew from the pulls, just be patient. Freezing those crew will free space. Also, airlocking useless 3/4 crew will give space. However, if you are careful and patient, you can keep the event 3/4; eventually you will finish them. However, crew space is key. Until I started saving, I was always tight. Now I don't even look at their stats. I just get them all. I have very rarely had the pleasure of winning a new crew from Tiesday packs or event packs (not just because of the ridiculous odds, but because I don't even attempt them), but I have even less often had the sorrow of airlocking crew I want. I have over 450 crew slots without being VIP14. It has taken a very very long time, but I never airlock crew I don't wish to, and I have achieved (or almost) the reasonable levels in all the collections that improve skills. I understand that crew slots costing so much is a point about which to complain, and I know they should not be what they are. I'll join the complaints, but in the meantime, I play the game to my best advantage. I was a year into the game when I began this strategy and do not regret it.

Please keep in mind that this strategy is not for everyone. Some play with very different styles and goals. Read all the rational advice given by other long-term players and judge what will work best for you.

Thanks for your advice. I am indeed saving my dilithium for crew slot sales and my honor for the honor sale. When I have room (when freezing common&uncommon) I use some premium portals but the amount I have is increasing faster then I spend them.

Though I am still having lots of fun :)

• Options
    Peets wrote: »

Regarding limited space, as a new player, I put way too much emphasis into freezing blue/green crew. Blues were my particular bane, and I shoved a number of purples out the airlock because I had a mountain of 2/3 blues.

Once I could reliably do six-hour missions (now eight) I had blues coming out of my ears. It would be much faster to FF a blue now, and there are a number of purples I could FF had I simply held onto those earlier copies.

Getting back to Rand . . .

With a Skirmish, having event crew helps a lot - but you only need one. So yes, if you have Taresian Kim (or Caldos IV Cruser, I suppose) you don't need Rand. And with a Mega, you can always slog through a few extra rounds to get the recurring legendary. But if you're sitting on a mountain of incomplete blues and purples, maybe airlock one of them and hold onto Rand for when she's added to the portal.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I'm having unusually good luck with bonus rewards - 2264 bonus chrons from 27 runs at a 19.44% drop rate (compared to the expected 11.45%), plus the ever-elusive premium portal pull.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    I'm having unusually good luck with bonus rewards - 2264 bonus chrons from 27 runs at a 19.44% drop rate (compared to the expected 11.45%), plus the ever-elusive premium portal pull.

Umm, I'm only seeing the 11.45%. TP, what's going on here?
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Calhoun wrote: »

Umm, I'm only seeing the 11.45%. TP, what's going on here?

19.44% was the rate I was getting per the stats I kept of my skirmish runs. The 11.45% expected rate is still there - I just happened to be getting a higher rate through the joy of RNG.
  • Options
    Wizzdome wrote: »
    ez31mjbqvwum.jpg
    What do I do now???

Pretty lame photoshop. 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•