Home The Bridge

What should devs work on next?

13»

Comments

• Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    New game mode or feature
    The game is beyond stale. I only still play for my fleet, but many are feeling the same. Game needs new content, and 10 minutes of new content a new chapter would bring is not it.

We need some community event, where everyone contributes together not against, fleet vs fleet events, squadron actually doing something together, something new like that. Endlessly collecting the newest toons from forgotten episodes or whatever is hardly keeping me interested. Heck I love skirmishes and normally play hard at them, but I barely had enough in me to get the portal pull. I have 70k chrons to spend as well...
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    1. undo/revise the manifest button

Pretty much this, when the scan daily goes live ill only be logging in once a day to clear dailys its just as annoying as the event hub thing but more so as crew is one of if not the most used button and with the new ISM thing just claiming the daily reward now = an extra popup you have to sit through.
  • Also wtb ship level filter for voyages, got 20 ships waiting to be built that will just increase the spam clicking.
  • New event type
    Still waiting on a Gauntlet-style event.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Maybe quality control? Testing stuff before it goes live?

Just a little bit.

It seems that every change introduces major issues with the game. Heck, even simple things like pack releases or phase changes are bugged more times than not.
  • New game mode or feature
    How about proving that you value your customers by ending the ban and making right what you took from us? Even those who weren't banned have been punished. Some decent customer service would be a great change, but I'm not sure if developers are capable of rolling that out without bugs.
  • Making features that are actually games and not a literal RNG.

I mean, they didn't even try with Gauntlet.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please clarify below)
    With the retrival feature it would be extremely nice to be able to get sort by number of stars on crew.
  • Also make the stupid constellation spinny RNG animation skippable. Geez.
  • BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please clarify below)
    From what i saw on the demo they said this retrieval feature took months of programming

And then in 5 minutes they put a big blemish on it and managed to make a lot of their customers mad.

So they should probably start working on a plan to either get those customers back or they should probably find new jobs.
  • New event type
    On something that gets players back they banned or even get new ones, lol who am I kidding they won't do anything anyway...
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New game mode or feature
    Building player trust and confidence.
  • Putting a robust quality assurance process in place before releasing anything.

No idea if TP does any UAT or not (probably not based on number of issues we see) but perhaps they ought to.
    Devs testing their own code won’t work as they are less likely to see their own mistakes. Proper testers test hopefully identify issues and UAT give a a jolly good thrash down. I know, I have done a lot of UAT and my job is to go in and try and break the “thing”.

TP/WRG also needs to take a long, hard look at itself and think about its approach to customer service. Pissing off your customer base is not a strategy to keep players. New players don’t seem to stick around as much these days and long term players are getting weary of issues.

Please do better and also apologise.
  • Kanon wrote: »
    I think they should work on those "limit 1 per day" buttons, so they can be clicked just once per day. Otherwise, they are just buttons.

Or just give the players the award and be done with it. If they can't make a button work, do away with the buttons.
  • Getting used to the phrase: "You want fries with that?".....
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug fixes
    Clearly bugs or in this case turning off buttons and not blaming players.