Home The Bridge

My first Constellation results!

Comments

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumhv7vm8t5f.png

Admiral Riker constellation; tad bit underwhelming for the first one, but not terrible, I guess. Will open it later today when I get more ISM.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Rain Robinson was my first constellation, but I'll be using my ISM to scan until the temp achievements are done and I have some juicy constellations I really want to open.

Btw, looks like scan ads are on a 30 minute timer like regular missions, so space out your ISM scans to get double scans (re-scans, doesn't duplicate the scan reward) and make more progress toward the scan temp achievement if you're on a platform that allows them.

Edit:

Dropping this in here re: scan behavior

Ad scans are 30 minutes apart from my testing this morning. It's a combination of normal scan behavior (must scan to trigger an ad-scan) and dabo behavior (each ad-scan is free, but escalates the cost of the next scan).

If you scan 3 times (30+ minutes apart) and ad-warp each one, it will cost 400 ISM and save you 800 ISM daily.

Below is the cost for consecutive scans (resets daily) and bold would be the ones that you ad-warp

free

Did some off the back of envelope calculations

e8d43q33diln.png

Did 2 scenarios - 1 which with 6 daily scans (3 scans + 3 ads) and 7 daily scans (4 scans + 3 ads). And working on compound probabilities of not getting a constellation.

It looks like it will take a max of 31 consecutive scans before you get a constellation.

It looks like the most efficient path is to go for the 6 scan option but this only cost 400 ISM daily. If you are in a decent fleet, you should be getting 800-1000 ISM daily so im still on the fence if its worth hoarding 400-600 ISM daily.

Working on a 99% threshold, the 6 scan option should get you a constellation after 3.5 days and leaving 1400-2100 ISM in the tank where as the 7 scan option should get you a constellation after 3 days with 0-600 ISM in the tank which isnt enough to open the constellation.

Maybe the best way through is to do a hybrid. At the moment im leaning towards just stockpiling constellations and then opening ones which I think would be useful for cards I want instead of opening all of them.

Thoughts?

PS: my first constellation was Changeling Martok and I got the Undercover Operative polestar. Think thats gonna be useful.

• My first constellation is the Loque’eque Sato constellation which gave me a Loque’eque polestar.

Wonder who I’ll get with that one...

Hey 4th star at least 🤔
  • This was the free scan. I don't know if it matters, but I scanned Earth.

cupeqo3472nn.png
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    bumhv7vm8t5f.png

Admiral Riker constellation; tad bit underwhelming for the first one, but not terrible, I guess. Will open it later today when I get more ISM.

Half of those are pretty good and will help you narrow things down, so fingers crossed for you!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Rain Robinson was my first constellation, but I'll be using my ISM to scan until the temp achievements are done and I have some juicy constellations I really want to open.

Btw, looks like scan ads are on a 30 minute timer like regular missions, so space out your ISM scans to get double scans (re-scans, doesn't duplicate the scan reward) and make more progress toward the scan temp achievement if you're on a platform that allows them.

Edit:

Ad scans are 30 minutes apart from my testing this morning. It's a combination of normal scan behavior (must scan to trigger an ad-scan) and dabo behavior (each ad-scan is free, but escalates the cost of the next scan).

If you scan 3 times (30+ minutes apart) and ad-warp each one, it will cost 400 ISM and save you 800 ISM daily.

Below is the cost for consecutive scans (resets daily) and bold would be the ones that you ad-warp

free

e8d43q33diln.png

Did 2 scenarios - 1 which with 6 daily scans (3 scans + 3 ads) and 7 daily scans (4 scans + 3 ads). And working on compound probabilities of not getting a constellation.

It looks like it will take a max of 31 consecutive scans before you get a constellation.

It looks like the most efficient path is to go for the 6 scan option but this only cost 400 ISM daily. If you are in a decent fleet, you should be getting 800-1000 ISM daily so im still on the fence if its worth hoarding 400-600 ISM daily.

Working on a 99% threshold, the 6 scan option should get you a constellation after 3.5 days and leaving 1400-2100 ISM in the tank where as the 7 scan option should get you a constellation after 3 days with 0-600 ISM in the tank which isnt enough to open the constellation.

Maybe the best way through is to do a hybrid. At the moment im leaning towards just stockpiling constellations and then opening ones which I think would be useful for cards I want instead of opening all of them.

Thoughts?

PS: my first constellation was Changeling Martok and I got the Undercover Operative polestar. Think thats gonna be useful.

Talked about it here - looks like there are a few different ways to go based on how much ISM you have and want to spend each day. I'll also just be scanning as much as I can until all the temp achievements are done and we see all the constellations we have to work with.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunslinger Uhura constellation, and a free rarity one from immortalising Zero-One.
    494/996 crew immortalised.

I did get 200 ISM from the Daily Reward. (VIP Bonus).
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first constellation is Enemy Lines Sisko
    Human, Federation, Starfleet, Bajoran, Cultural Figure, Inspiring, Tactician, Desperate, Diplomat
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry....I'm hung up on the name.

A constellation is just a visual arrangement of stars from one particular location. It has little meaning astronomically and no relevence at all for a spaceship.

I agree, and don't get me started on the use of constellations in Star Gate.

The use of "Quantum" is even worse. It's like TP/WG had taken a buzz word from Star Trek, without knowing its meaning.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up Section 31 Georgiou. If I get the Section 31 trait, that would be a small pool to work from.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Opened mine and got a Starfleet Polestar. Is using ISM worth it for scanning? 1% to get a constellation seems like a waste for me.
  • I got the Gary Seven constellation. In a few days I'll know if I get the Human, Hero, Resourceful or Undercover Operative polestar.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »

Edit:

free

e8d43q33diln.png

Thoughts?

I had just decided that doing extra scans wasn't necessary because the achievement is for credits, of which I have plenty. But this analysis is good. I am rethinking my strategy. Thank you.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Protomorphosis Barclay Constellation

Starfleet, Federation, Innovator, Astrophysicist, Desperate, Primal
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: constellations and quantum as names. Here’s how I rationalized it.

Constellations. Think of the traits/polestars as being the arrangement that makes up the item. Just as an astronomical constellation is unique to a specific view of space, the game constellations are unique to the item they represent and only observable (ie, obtainable) in a specific scenario. It’s not a perfect analogy, but I can see how they picked it.

Quantum. When we perform the Retrieval, where is this crew being retrieved from? In a universe where every crew exists somewhere, we still have to bring them (or a copy of them, since we all have the same cards) to us from a great spatial (or even temporal) distance. At risk of illustrating that I don’t fully understand the actual science, I envision quantum entanglement as the inspiration behind our ability to conjure up a copy of a crew that exists lightyears away from our ship.

Moreso than “constellations”, the word choice of “quantum” feels like perfect Trek to me. It’s the kind of black box science that supports much of Trek storytelling.
  • Immortalized Hawaiian shirt Paris, got... a “Skills” Constellation! It contains one of ENG, COM, DIP, SEC, MED, or SCI polestar... I did not know this was an option.

Not even sure how that’s going to work, but intriguing anyway. I suppose a “Legendary”, “SCI”, “Hero” or something might be a fun pull...

Definitely better than “Uncommon”, lol
  • I got Lewis Zimmerman, who might end up being good for Innovator
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know in a week to 10 days when I can actually open ONE constellation.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    yitskli4cy23.jpg

And I got the Botanist polestar.

That's a good result! If you don't have Fury Kes and you want her, you will be able to get her for sure with Brutal + Botanist + 5* (and Brutal and 5* will be available for the tutorial).
  • MonArkMonArk ✭✭✭
    First constellation: Ambassador K'Ehleyr.
    First polestar: Federation. Which appears to be half the characters in the game... soooo that could have gone better.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I’m not even sure what that means. I got the “Duelist Torres” constellation with “innovator” polestar. I don’t know what any of it means or how to use the polestar now

I am not sure either, however, the actual crew retrieval is part of phase 3.
    If you are only going to get 100 ISM a day, none from fleet because small or not active enough. I suggest just using the 100 ISM (or 200 ISM for double VIP bonus days) for scanning for now making sure to allow enough time between scans for ad-scans. At least until we see what kind of ISM is rewarded in other ways. The reason is you have to get so many constellations scans for the new temporary Achievements.

Edit:
    xxwsqze4b7yb.png

Edit2: I thought it was constellations. After posting pic I realized it was just scans.
    So recommend , for small fleets, do free scan followed by ad+scan, I would wait a half hour and maybe more to make sure, then pay 100 ISM for scan followed by another ad-scan. That way you can get 40 scans in ten days.

Edit3: with the crew retrieval achievement giving 1000 ISM it does make it possible to open constellations to get polestar. Recommend doing the scans as mentioned above though , for small fleets.
  • I was just thinking Botanist was low key the single one I wanted. Fury Kes, Replicant Boothby, Kamin, Leucon, and like two or three other decent possibilities. Couple stinkers too, of course, but it’s definitely target rich as a starting point.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    So after the tutorial and the uncommon retrieval I opened a skill constellation. With it I can at least do something half useful to finish the achievement. Maybe in the next days I will get something more tempting.

odys51p6n6ej.png
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • ^ Still not seeing the Crew Retrieval where I am :/
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Still not seeing the Crew Retrieval where I am :/

It is a new selection in the Manifest popup menu.
  • I got Terran and Brutal, which basically equates to the same thing. nothing tempting yet. I will see what is there after our freebies in a couple hours.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...