Home The Bridge
Options

A Day Later - How Do You Feel?

nqfxr2uyv7ut.gif

A Day Later - How Do You Feel? 128 votes

Not Banned - Situation Normal
42%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior WilloSabine of AthensV.eXo | das411[KM] WOLF 359MidspeedDittoKaiRoCMO ZoidbergJayBeezyJean-Luc KenobigregorytcmdrworfCaptain Murphysexy_ladyMerinveX[TNS] Prince ValiumChriZtobal 55 votes
Banned - Wow, I enjoy my free time!
13%
eXo | Cadet Matt[SSR] GTMETMOZangelesSDBeratis Kesla RedjacJanewayRocks2Drago MusevniReading is hardRob of the Iceni Tribeursine cotcher=j= Zathras[G5618] MauziAdm KennyCpt. TribbleCommodore PackXipetotecc [TRCM]guest_672906404196352guest_1163669350342658 17 votes
Banned - SHAAAN!!!
10%
AviTrekMuadDave[Deleted User]<TGE> BarncatKibLucretius BriThe Big Ticket •4LB•°fish°bennyguest_1198631166210048guest_1218975685196800=j= Ejachok 13 votes
Other - Comment Below
33%
Zombie Squirrel [QH] OxmyxeXo | SilverRose (retired)Commander SinclairThis Sisko1[SSR]TrollhammereneXo | RamzaTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)usagaryCpt JRDScottHewittBlast HardcheeseShy KhanWebberoniYateballPompeyMagnusCaptain_JanmanJohnnyzimNavarch <TGE> Clifford 43 votes

Comments

• Options
    eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Other - Comment Below
    This is the most I've done anything about STT since I was in Blood Legion. Woot.

But I'm disappointed with how they've responded.

This wasn't the problem they needed to poleax people over.
  • Options
    Other - Comment Below
    deceived
  • Options
    Pjotr84Pjotr84 ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Other - Comment Below
    I was banned, but it is what it is. I'll just wait and see if they shorten the ban, if not, I'll find some other game.

Edit: Since it doesn't look like the ban is going to be shortened, I'm out. If anyone in [DKA] is reading this, my handle in-game was [DKA] Peter. Glad to have been part of this awesome and active fleet, but this is it for me.
  • Options
    Banned - SHAAAN!!!
    I actually clicked on the wrong button here!

The irony!

Meant to vote 'enjoying my free time'. The forum has given me a good laugh today. I do feel angry but I'll get over it like I got over tobacco.
  • Options
    Other - Comment Below
    Disappointed honestly , made me tally my spending on this game. Getting banned would have probably resulted in me quitting altogether.
    Also the poll is missing one key point of view from all this : how many of the banned players will return ?
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Not Banned - Situation Normal
    For me, situation normal for gameplay. Not by any means happy with the response, though. It's hard to judge given I don't know the facts or what they see on their end.

I can see both sides from what little I know about it. There are people who tested it to see what happened, there are people who weren't thinking or had no idea and kept tapping, and I'm sure there were people that knew it was a screw up and tapped away. How can you differentiate, though? For some cases, taking items and some further punishment is appropriate, but not all.

I've only played for a year, so I don't have the same context as others for this. If it's true that purposeful breaking of TOS resulted in an 8 hr ban (macros), then 3 days does not seem like a measured response. My feeling is team structure and response protocol were compromised by remote workplace issues and led to a quick overreaction that will eventually be corrected. My pitchfork is in the shed still.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Comment Below
    Not banned but joining the 72 hour strike for solidarity with my fleetmate who was banned.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Banned - SHAAAN!!!
    I could throw a million swear words at this
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Comment Below
    Btw in other games we get Chinese New Year gifts these days. Here we get... this. :(
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banned - SHAAAN!!!
    Banned and quitting the game. Google refunded my last 60 day of Timelines and apologized.

How did you contact them? I tried emailing STTsupport@tiltingpoint.com and the mail is being returned.
  • Options
    Not banned, nor anyone in my fleet, but the issue was poorly handled and the punishment way disproportionated as there are other players using macros that get away with it
    Also, I will not give WRG the diplomatic trait
  • Options
    Other - Comment Below
    Not banned but on 72 hour strike.

The longer this goes on the angrier and sadder I am feeling. I have played this game for 4+ years and am proud to lead a fleet of lovely, laid back people bound together by a love of Star Trek.

The game has brought me joy and friends and has been a much needed therapy, especially over the last year.

I am missing the routine of doing my dailies and seeing how my fleet mates are doing in the event.

TP/WRG response to their coding issue is wholly disproportionate and they have upset many, many people. My hope in them sorting this out is rapidly diminishing.

• Options
    Banned and quitting the game. Google refunded my last 60 day of Timelines and apologized.

How did you contact them? I tried emailing STTsupport@tiltingpoint.com and the mail is being returned.

Contact Google Play if on Android or Apple Store if on an iDevice for the refunds. Contacting TP directly will get you nowhere.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Banned - Wow, I enjoy my free time!
    Contacting Apple Store for refund will also get you nowhere. They don’t refund in game purchases.
  • Options
    Other - Comment Below
    Shan’s post was upsetting and they seemed to have totally mis-judged the reaction
    Antasil wrote: »
    The biggest shock was the extra post by Shan, usually the voice of reason here, that they had thought this through and are sticking with their story. I was kind of hoping that someone with a ban-happy finger had failed to see the potential consequences, or had just misinterpreted it all as indeed an exploit. Its mind-boggling: they have thought this through and *this* is what they came up with.

• Options

Google apologizing for something they had no control over earns my respect a lot more than the game company who just alienated their whole player base.

If Google start to learn of this I don't give STT long.

Wait until Apple hears! Out of the two, Apple is the strictest when it comes to its apps.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contacting Apple Store for refund will also get you nowhere. They don’t refund in game purchases.

Neither does Amazon, but if you get a good CS rep, you might get the game booted from the store. I bought something, got a variation other than what was pictured, kept it anyway because if was a variant I didn't know about and would have bought anyway, mentioned casually on a CS call about something else (cat treats versus toys), and the toy got pulled why they investigated the supplier. FYI, Kindle players pay $.01 more per cash purchase for using it on Kindle. Amazon has a small dog in this fight.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*