Home The Bridge
Options

Some polestar combos - Legendary

Capt. Joseph MuddCapt. Joseph Mudd ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
I was fooling around with some of the combos to get specific crew and thought I would share... no use doing anything but golds in the new feature. qxu692sbrrhr.png
eature. 5q7bdwddp2gs.png
ic299ktnm3gi.png
71yk6whabf8j.png
7aq18i5b0x3f.png
1oxbcxjze30s.png
yetznm985alm.png
wr4e01brbj7h.png
h2qa48cxnw1r.png
abieo0datul7.png
7ilo6w38siu1.png
h097odpgkafr.png
uu7kmn8hfpkw.png
nrkh48hpfspk.png
2e8ga3guy4wu.png
quonjk7vcb8a.png
tagiy5vakity.png
vej5l613aond.png
spklrn71a15f.png
enzsmh8z5sqe.png
tmm18h4kmfsg.png
kc9pw7lof6jb.png
rev6enydaolp.png
6yr1o56pju7j.png
hkw4kxws4icw.png
cdtwtjmwc90c.png
d61n03myq5gq.png

Comments

• Options
    Crafty + Borg should land 5 of 12
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    There are quite a few races with only one legendary and nothing else.

Edit: I am guessing those polestars are harder to get.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I think it was Federation, Sabature, Med that got me Temporal Prisoner Chakotay. There was a second path that used Engineering but I don't remember the others. Either way, he was obtainable without the 5* polstar in different ways.

The ironic thing for me was I chose to use the med route because I thought the eng would be more important to save, and then I drew another eng from the achievement reward.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Calhoun wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Yeah, that character is a 1/800-odd chance of being the constellation you get, and then you have to get the 1/5ish chance of the specific racial polestar from that constellation.

I did not think of the way we acquire polestars.
    You are right. Since it has to be that one character to start with it makes it much harder to acquire.

That means the more crew that have that trait the more likely we will get that polestar. I think the most common trait is Federation.

Funny, 427 crew with Federation and 423 with Starfleet. The one account I am looking at to check out the combos has 3 Starfleet and zero Federation. But of course very small sample size.
  • Options
    Sinister Picard with Brutal + Civilian + Costumed. Almost wasted a legendary polestar too, then realized you don't need it!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the best anyone can winnow down Away Team Number One? Someone posted they can't find a way to single her out. Best I could do was two or three, IIRC.....

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    What's the best anyone can winnow down Away Team Number One? Someone posted they can't find a way to single her out. Best I could do was two or three, IIRC.....

🥌🦞

From what I see, I think you can only down her to a pool of 5. I think you can actually check these in-game by going to crew retrieval and:
    - Select "Show polestars I do not own" on top of the polestars on the right
    - Search for the specific character you wish to check and select the "Show the polestars for this character"
    - Clear your character search

There just seems to be bit too many starfleet humans with same skills and with explorer and resourceful traits to narrow her down for sure pick up, no matter how many polestars you use.

It is kinda funny, I have basically already gotten polestars to narrow down some of the better crew that I personally am after (Capt. Braxton Ishan Chaye Sisko,) and already managed to bag mobile doctor from a pool of 3 thanks to rng.
  • Options

🥌🦞

Explorer + Resourceful + ENG + DIP does it, but that does use two skill polestars.
  • Options
    bennybenny ✭✭✭
    Just got Braxton myself. He's pretty easy to get without gambling on it.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

🥌🦞

Explorer + Resourceful + ENG + DIP does it, but that does use two skill polestars.

She doesn't have Engineering?

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I picked up my first Gary Seven with Hero, Undercover ops, Science. I've been looking to get another Gary Seven and the Hero polestar is the elusive one for me. Though no doubt someone has a bucket of them and no Undercover Ops.
    n0s2sj4egcqm.jpg

• Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Yeah, that character is a 1/800-odd chance of being the constellation you get, and then you have to get the 1/5ish chance of the specific racial polestar from that constellation.

They're useful if you get one for someone you're after, as I did (not a primary target, but a good crew to strengthen my squad without using more than 1 polestar) but maybe they'll introduce a way of trading them for more useful ones, like the replicator for equipment. Otherwise everyone will eventually end up with dozens of polestars they don't use.

I've had 2 Troi constellations and both times I've been desperate for Empath polestar, with no joy.
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    maybe they'll introduce a way of trading them for more useful ones, like the replicator for equipment. Otherwise everyone will eventually end up with dozens of polestars they don't use.

The system as a whole seems kinda similar to at least what was in Pro Evolution Soccer mobile when I still played it. There you could get random skill, physical attribute etc. scouts after playing a match which you could use to combine to target specific players who share those stats. Mind you these also had rarity ratings themselves and getting any of the 5 star scouts took a long time.

What they had on top of that was an auction house where every 5 minutes or so there would be a specific scout (3-5 star rating) up for auction where everyone could bid their in-game currency on (kinda like credits) and the highest bidder would get the scout.

The crew retrieval seems rather similar to that and I am wondering if they have considered a similar type of auction house / list where you could purchase polestars in similar fashion.

There are other differences between the systems like the actual use of the scouts in PES mobile don't cost you anything and the available pool of players in total is much, much higher. You also cannot sell or trade your scouts, just use them and release the players for small amount of in-game currency.

Of course the games are so different that I'm not sure if similar kind of thing would work here. In PES you actually need to pay for the player's contracts as well in in-game currency which means using the best players will actually cost you more and some of the more skilled players can do well using lower rated players for cheaper.

Not sure if this really means anything but the parallels just came to mind when I first heard about the crew retrieval feature.
  • Options

🥌🦞

She doesn't have Engineering?

🥌🦞

You're right, I got mixed up as I was playing around and isolated Bridge Officer Number One instead... Having checked again, I'm not sure Away Team Number One can be isolated, she seems to have complete skills/traits/rarity overlap with quite a few others.
  • Options
    Marksman and Crafty gets you Gangster Kirk!
  • Options
    Explorer + Resourceful + Crafty gets you Commander Ari bn Bem. All of these combos showed up, I'm sure, in @NoNameNamer 's spreadsheet. It would be nice if someone would bring that back/re-do that work.
  • Options
    4gzlf090haol.jpg

Add a Terran Empire & you get only Killy.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here a a few I found playing around.

2iedkxv75881.png
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    4gzlf090haol.jpg

Does "Mirror Universe" not also work?
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    4gzlf090haol.jpg

Does "Mirror Universe" not also work?

Yes it does. Forgot to put that. Still mucking about with this system.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Gangster Spock with Jury Rigger, Vulcan and Civilian.

Away Team Burnham can be had with Astro, Resourceful and Survivalist.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in the other thread, the only communicator and cyberneticist in the game is Interfaced La Forge. Good card!

Also, those semi-obscure race traits can be useful. I have both Xindi and Orion polestars. Xindi + Inspiring gets Scientist Degra; while Xindi + Desperate gets Xindi Insectoid Councilor. Orion + Desperate gets Orion Vina (yes, I'm considering it when my Q recharges), while Orion + Civilian + Sci gets Navaar. Orion + Civilian will get Navaar and Maras (and D'Nesh, once she's added to the Portal).

The polestar I most need now is Royalty, as that combined with Android will get me Data V (need him for the Holodeck Collection).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)