Home The Bridge
Options

Reunion Spock and Kirk

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17906/celebrating-an-iconic-star-trek-friendship-reunion-spock-and-kirk#latest

Nice way to celebrate their birthdays! Just please, please, please don't be another Bynars. Give us Indignant Seven 2.0!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I’m bummed about having to use that new Spock to get this
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want it to be TOO easy to get the new fuse.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising that they used 3 highly popular crew as the money-grab 5*-to-5* fusion crew... this Kirk & Spock, and previously Cheesecake Seven.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I also hate turning a 5* into a 5*. I kind of accepted it with cheesecake seven since she reused an existing doctor, but these are two new crew. Spock could have been a 4* and then more players would have gotten him in threshold rewards. It would have sold more Tuesday packs for kirk. Now only 1500 players get Spock unless they buy both event packs and the Kirk pack.

There were a lot of salty players who had fused Mobile EMH beyond 1/5. Now they get a different group of salty players. It's a catch 22. The simple answer is @Webberoni 's solution of not using legendaries as part of a merge to get a legendary. It would have been a bit of a money grab to put one SR in the event and the other in 650 packs, but one that I would have found tolerable. This... idk... It's not great. I'll think about it for a bit.

Two new 4* characters is absolutely the way to have gone. And beyond everyone getting Spock 3/4 from the event, you'd probably have players buying packs to get spock 8/4 so they could freeze spock plus fuse.

A lot fewer players will go hunting for a 1/5 spock from event packs. So it'll be limited to players ranking in the event.

And depending on the stats, top 750 is about to get ugly with everyone trying for two copies of spock.

Here are the stats:
    l5i6bdvlti2t.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    That is awful.

An iconic Spock is the reward for next weeks event, and those who get him have the choice of keeping him, or using him for a merge, on the chance they get the 4* Kirk.

Or a third choice, put in the effort to rank 750 or higher and have the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I am incredibly excited for this new fusion crew.
    Thank you! This is fantastic, the art looks great! These are my favorite characters and a fun way to use them. I just hope stats are half decent.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hate turning a 5* into a 5*. I kind of accepted it with cheesecake seven since she reused an existing doctor, but these are two new crew. Spock could have been a 4* and then more players would have gotten him in threshold rewards. It would have sold more Tuesday packs for kirk. Now only 1500 players get Spock unless they buy both event packs and the Kirk pack.

There were a lot of salty players who had fused Mobile EMH beyond 1/5. Now they get a different group of salty players. It's a catch 22. The simple answer is @Webberoni 's solution of not using legendaries as part of a merge to get a legendary. It would have been a bit of a money grab to put one SR in the event and the other in 650 packs, but one that I would have found tolerable. This... idk... It's not great. I'll think about it for a bit.

Two new 4* characters is absolutely the way to have gone. And beyond everyone getting Spock 3/4 from the event, you'd probably have players buying packs to get spock 8/4 so they could freeze spock plus fuse.

A lot fewer players will go hunting for a 1/5 spock from event packs. So it'll be limited to players ranking in the event.

And depending on the stats, top 750 is about to get ugly with everyone trying for two copies of spock.

Here are the stats:
    l5i6bdvlti2t.png

We don't know the merged stats. If they are bad, people may not bother with the merge. If they are cheesecake seven good, then people will be more likely to push.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

Another thing that could be done ...

add BOTH crew to Crew Retrieval (as an exception) after the event for which we can USE Spock (approx 3 weeks from now) and the pack has gone out of the Time Portal ... that way we don't have to wait aeons until WRG decides to update the portal.

I kinda hate the way this new fuse crew is introduced ... part of an event and a theme pack ... sheesh.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    We have not yet seen the rewards. It's possible we'll get a 400K gold Kirk?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    We have not yet seen the rewards. It's possible we'll get a 400K gold Kirk?

No. Kirk is a 4* and will be in a 6 pack.

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesssss finally more crew from "search for spock" which is by far the best 80s action movie of the franchise :D

it does make one wonder though...if that spock is SCI DIP MED, and kirk seems to be pretty much the opposite of those...could we get a fuse with more than 3 skills? :o
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesssss finally more crew from "search for spock" which is by far the best 80s action movie of the franchise :D

it does make one wonder though...if that spock is SCI DIP MED, and kirk seems to be pretty much the opposite of those...could we get a fuse with more than 3 skills? :o

No. We won't.

Kirk is CMD/SEC for sure.

I have no idea what they'll do for the fusion.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Great new Crew and at least everyone has a chance to get the new Spock, via rank or pack now.

When Cheesecake was introduced, there was no option to get the needed
    5* Mobile Doctor, gladly they released a 10 buck offer a week later or so.

And while i usually like it better when 2x 4* crew are needed to fuse a 5*,
    this way(considering the iconic crew) feels reasonable, especially revenue wise.

But please don t mess up the stats of the fused 5* Kirk/Spock. Make it worth!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my fleet's fusion guide, just in case anyone wants a refresher. I'll try to update it after we know more about the fusion card.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1InUyZaBEsRQmRN8RY3Bf_LnOf9Byy9r4iYAUdh1VLpM/edit?usp=sharing
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

No. We won't.

Kirk is CMD/SEC for sure.

I have no idea what they'll do for the fusion.

Clearly this means the fusion should be ENG only.